2%
None.
It's a natural Earth Cycle 16

29%
Other 4

8%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 57 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).
If its real, what should we do?
If its real, what should we do?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Go to independancy on energy 0

0%
None.
Use American oil 0

0%
None.
Wind Energy 0

0%
None.
Solar Energy 9

17%
Nuclear Energy 9

17%
None.
All of the above 4

8%
None.
Some of the above 12

23%
None.
Other answer 4

8%
None.
Hope for the best 15

29%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 53 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Nov 12 2008, 8:59 am Kellimus Post #41

The air pollution in NYC is no where near comparable to Mexico City. In Mexico City, a smog hangs over the city. Not the case in any American city. Also, if this evil air pollution is making people sick and die sooner, why has life expectancy been going up year after year? But lets say we banned fossil fuel use all over the world. Not only would the factories that make these life expanding drugs shut down, but the trucks to transport them would stop running. The ambulances that take sick people to the hospitals would shut down. The hospistals would shut down.

So some of these EXTREME HARDCORE SCIENTISTS say that it's too late, we can't stop global warming. So why bother?

LMFAO! Have you ever been to Salt Lake City? How about Phoenix, Arizona?

You make me laugh a lot. You're funny :)

"Life enhancing drugs"? Do you know the FDA constantly lies to the public?

Anything made by a pharmacy is bad for you. Side effects? Psh, you don't get side effects from NATURAL HERBS AND DRUGS like you do with PHARMICUTICAL DRUGS.

Think about this logically:

If you were a doctor and your job was to make people better, do you think you'd give them something that will cure them?

You'd be out of a job if no one was sick because you cured them all, right?

So would the pharmicutical companies. They wouldn't be making flu medicine, or pain medication if everyone was healthy.

So isn't it possible that they purposly fuck our bodies up with their drugs so they can make their BILLIONS off of killing people slowly?

Humans are greedy creatures.

None.

Nov 12 2008, 1:16 pm matefkr Post #42

I don't know if it is a natural cycle or not, but i think mostlikly it is.

one thing is clear (i think): the sun is shining and it fills the earth with energy (more or lessly) some of it gets back to the universe some not. the part wich doesn't is "usen" up for heating the earth. now if more energy comes in then out, it is possible to plant huge fields of solar energy plants in deserts or some wastelands (and on the top of tall buildings, but i'ts not always enough) ,so they start getting more shadowy, less dry (deserts and wastlends). however, doing so, may require a lot of energy to accomplish (i don't talk about money, couze its just paper used to controll huge mass of humans in a somewhat strange way). then energy from the sun could be usen for movement, not heat and some other things.

people could get a lot of energy from nuclear fission (though i don't know the entire process of it). It is surely not as unhealthy to the environment (and people) as burning oil. there need a lot more information about that process.

then another thing could be clear: people shouldn't use cars so many times. they should live near their working place or at least in a reachable distance to it (internet work). should be more electrical transport types.

then try not to hate other people for a long period of time.

sorry if i've wrote things that is already said.

BTW, Kellimus: natural herbs have sideffects as well. otherwise, i agree with you.

None.

Nov 14 2008, 2:51 am dumbducky Post #43

Quote from Kellimus
Anything made by a pharmacy is bad for you. Side effects? Psh, you don't get side effects from NATURAL HERBS AND DRUGS like you do with PHARMICUTICAL DRUGS.
If you were a doctor and your job was to make people better, do you think you'd give them something that will cure them?
So would the pharmicutical companies. They wouldn't be making flu medicine, or pain medication if everyone was healthy.
So isn't it possible that they purposly fuck our bodies up with their drugs so they can make their BILLIONS off of killing people slowly?
Your entire arguement is so flawed that I'm having trouble phrasing my counterpoint. What is the most effective way to destroy your arguement? Where to start?

This is absolutely ridiculous. I instantly recognized the fact that you have no clue what you were talking about when you said that natural herbs and drugs have no side effects. This is BS. All drugs have side effects. No drug can singlely isolate a problem in the body and solve it. The body's systems are interconnected, and changing one thing changes many.

The entire basis of your arguement is drug companies are intentionally trying to make people sick. They are not. That would require the collaboration of millions of people. Millions of evil people. Are you so naive as to believe some stupid website that told you that millions of people are intentionally poisoning you?

Your entire arguement is so flawed that I'm having trouble phrasing my counterpoint. What is the most effective way to destroy your arguement? Where to start?

tits

Nov 14 2008, 7:50 pm Vi3t-X Post #44

The Government may have conspiracies, sure. But to say that the Government is actively killing its own people makes no sense whatsoever.

Now, all drugs have side effects, but what we must also take into account is that plants can be spliced. Maybe you can make a miracle drug that solves everything. :bleh:

None.

Nov 14 2008, 11:05 pm dumbducky Post #45

Impossible. It will not exist, ever.

tits

Nov 15 2008, 6:05 am midget_man_66 Post #46

Quote from dumbducky
Quote from Kellimus

This is absolutely ridiculous. I instantly recognized the fact that you have no clue what you were talking about when you said that natural herbs and drugs have no side effects. This is BS. All drugs have side effects. No drug can singlely isolate a problem in the body and solve it. The body's systems are interconnected, and changing one thing changes many.

The entire basis of your arguement is drug companies are intentionally trying to make people sick. They are not. That would require the collaboration of millions of people. Millions of evil people. Are you so naive as to believe some stupid website that told you that millions of people are intentionally poisoning you?

Your entire arguement is so flawed that I'm having trouble phrasing my counterpoint. What is the most effective way to destroy your argument? Where to start?

About the drug thing.. i agree. When something is in your bloodstream, and its supposed to cure headaches, it doesn't all go straight to your head and that's the end of it. The drug is distributed throughout your body.. hence the side-affects. The drug isn't meant to be in all of those places. Doctors acknowledge this, and so does the FDA. thats why the FDA requires all administered pharmaceuticals to have a list of all known side-affects. (who says there aren't side-affects anyway?)

Its interesting how you say that doctors are so evil, and that we as humans are terribly evil. Do you think that there is a cure for cancer... but all of the doctors are hiding it to find the best way to reap the benefits? I think not. We are a logical people, and we solve problems... we dont make them persist.

About global warming (what this topic is REALLY about)... it does not matter who caused the problem, but the earth has risen in global temperature. And we, as humans.. need to adapt to this change. Right now, we can holler and yell at each other about whether we did it... or its just something that's part of the earth... But look at it as if we did convert to alternative energies: (A. if it is us that is causing the problem... then hey we solved it! )(B. if it was the earth causing the problem, and the problem just passes on its own... then we have lowered the risk of a man-made global warming by reforming our technologies.)

Our successful adaptations have succeeded us in the past, and as will they do for our children. The big problem standing in the way is standard integration... its hard to entirely remove one system, and replace it. Right now the integrated system of transportation is reliant on fossil fuels. What needs to be done (the new integrated system) is some form of hydrogen car... or compressed air car. (Compressed air doesn't sound powerful... but we are talking super compressed air. which is released in short bursts.)

Here's my plan: Get the solar technology up and rising. (the sun is going to be here for a while, might as well make friends with it). Once solar is big, use that energy for powering all things. Use it to compress air for cars, or to electrolyze water to get hydrogen for hydrogen powered cars.... then use all other solar energy to power homes.

None.

Nov 15 2008, 3:21 pm Vi3t-X Post #47

Quote from dumbducky
Impossible. It will not exist, ever.
Nothing is impossible. We thought we couldn't fly, that worked.
We thought the Earth was flat, we were wrong.
We thought drugs, at one point, were the gateway to everything awesome, this may still be true.

You never know what may happen.

None.

Nov 15 2008, 6:51 pm dumbducky Post #48

I do know there is a no miracle drug because everybody is different. There is no perfect human state. Therefor, there can never be a drug to achieve said state. And drugs can't even cure genetic diseases.

As for you "Nothing is impossible", I defy you to travel faster than the speed of light. It's impossible.

tits

Nov 15 2008, 9:01 pm EzDay281 Post #49

As for you "Nothing is impossible", I defy you to travel faster than the speed of light. It's impossible.
According to our current physics model, atleast.
Before we can use it to say what definitively is or is not "possible"/"impossible", we have to prove that it is both correct, and complete. We've done neither; the former might be argued ( though I question the mental capabilities of anyone who would ) , but just the fact that physicists don't have answers for everything demonstrates the latter.

None.

Nov 15 2008, 9:21 pm dumbducky Post #50

Fine. I defy you to destory or create matter.

tits

Nov 15 2008, 10:15 pm EzDay281 Post #51

Fine. I defy you to destory or create matter.
"Isn't necessarily impossible" != "Is possible".

None.

Nov 15 2008, 11:20 pm dumbducky Post #52

I thought that if it was a law, it meant it was proven, and thus, impossible.

tits

Nov 16 2008, 6:57 pm Vi3t-X Post #53

Logic can only go so far before it is shattered. Previous logic stated that the Earth was flat, thats why the water is on the ground. That logic has since been erased. New Logic Teim.

None.

Nov 17 2008, 1:31 am Matt Burch Post #54

I hope for World War III LOL. Humans are the cause this disaster... war is A way to fix it.

I personally won't be involved with any of this, I just think it's a fast way to solve the problem. Other than that I don't really care. Currency should be dropped.. Laws removed, and everyone fend for themselves. OR have many many more laws and less freedoms. THERE MUST BE CONTROL!!!

None.

Nov 17 2008, 1:39 pm Devourer Post #55

Hello

I just saw a Video in my Physik-lesson some days ago...
The movie is made by [cant remember name] and he told us that if the global warming just keeps on getting warmer like now, the northslope will be away in 50 years [maybe + greenland, if I remember right] and at least netherlands will be away...
also if the word-trade-center weren't be destroyed it would be not underwater, but surrounded of water...
however....
who thinks that we'll get an ice-time [don't know how to translate it correctly] when the north-slope isn't there anyway?
[cant remember name] told sth about if it greenland is away the Golfstorm / Gulfstream may stop "running" and that means that we'll get a very cold time.... [something like that just has happens hundret of years ago, where a big "lake" was on north-america...]
however; we will watch the rest of the documentation next week...

However... I think we can't help our planet... If we don't get an ice-time, the planet will get hotter and hotter... everything will die because there won't be any water.... really scary Oo
( Crap that I will be alive in 2050.... )

We may try to expand or something like that.... or [sounds crazy] making a big "wall" in the space in front of our planet, so the sunshine doesn't reach the earth, which means that it's getting cold anyway....
or a scientist just find a way to "destroye" the FCKW....

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 20 2008, 8:13 am by DeVouReR.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Nov 17 2008, 10:45 pm Kellimus Post #56

Quote from dumbducky
Quote from Kellimus

So you're telling me that me, my father and mother, my grandparents, my many friends, their parents, and their grandparents and everyone else, are getting side effects from these Natural Suppliments and herbs?

Sweet! That's totally awesome! Good thing I can't see any of these side-effects :rolleyes:

And you're correct. But the thing about NATURAL DRUGS, is that they're not filled with all the garabage that normal pharmacutical drugs, are. Go read the ingredients to a Pharmacy drug and a natural drug, then get back at me ;)

The entire basis of your arguement is drug companies are intentionally trying to make people sick. They are not.

Where's your proof? My proof is as follows:

What makes you believe I got that from a website? Ever thought of the simple fact that I've seen people on these Pharmacuticle drugs and I've seen people on their Natural counter-part and most everyone on the Pharmacuticle drugs come up with more and more complications where-as the ones on the Natural one, do not? How is it hard to come up with a basis that: "These people who take drugs from doctors seem more sick than those that take naturals in place"?

Money corrupts and makes people evil. So I wouldn't doubt it if Pharmacies are intentionally poisoning us slowly because why should they care about the people they are making their billions off of?

Notice how I said: Poisoning us SLOWLY

Just cause you get poisoned, doesn't mean you instantly die from it.

None.

Nov 17 2008, 10:48 pm Kellimus Post #57

And to go back and add something to my post:

I've been on Pharmacuticles before for Depression. That shit turned me into a zombie. No feelings, felt like I was on Methamphetamine and I felt robotic.

I take Omega Fish Oils now and i'm the happiest I've ever been! No feeling robotic, no feeling hella alert like i'm on Amphetamines, nothing. Just pure happiness without Pharm-drugs that have wicked nasty side-effects

None.

Nov 19 2008, 2:46 am dumbducky Post #58

Where's your proof? My proof is as follows:

What makes you believe I got that from a website? Ever thought of the simple fact that I've seen people on these Pharmacuticle drugs and I've seen people on their Natural counter-part and most everyone on the Pharmacuticle drugs come up with more and more complications where-as the ones on the Natural one, do not? How is it hard to come up with a basis that: "These people who take drugs from doctors seem more sick than those that take naturals in place"?
I now submit my proof. My father works for the drug industry, specifically in the R&D department. He would be the one who builds the poisons into these evil drugs. He does no such thing. Neither does anyone he knows.

tits

Nov 20 2008, 4:15 am Vi3t-X Post #59

Wether the government is poisoning us or not, the general populous these days are too carefree and lazy to care about anything. We've known of Global Warming for decades (Hippies proved this well), but no one cared. Hell, even now no one cares.

None.

Nov 20 2008, 4:40 am Kaias Post #60

Quote from Vi3t-X
Wether the government is poisoning us or not, the general populous these days are too carefree and lazy to care about anything. We've known of Global Warming for decades (Hippies proved this well), but no one cared. Hell, even now no one cares.
With all the fuss, guilt-tripping and propaganda, I often wish that were true.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum