Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: New mod Project: Seecraft
New mod Project: Seecraft
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Oct 20 2008, 3:52 pm
By: Darkmapper  

Oct 20 2008, 3:52 pm Darkmapper Post #1

Hello Guys while i was in the YMCA Camp my buddy had an good idea: Seecraft!!
There will be special modmaps, new graphics, iscript, and verything what it needs.
when someone has a idea for this mod he should post it here.(There will be credits for evryone who has good ideas)

No demo avaiable yet.

Edit:
IM STUPID so i did write SEE and not SEA sorry.... :blush:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 21 2008, 5:02 am by Darkmapper.

None.

Oct 20 2008, 3:58 pm Fisty Post #2

Quote from Darkmapper
Hello Guys while i was in the YMCA Camp my buddy had an good idea: Seecraft!!
There will be special modmaps, new graphics, iscript, and verything what it needs.
when someone has a idea for this mod he should post it here.(There will be credits for evryone who has good ideas)

No demo avaiable yet.
I'd have more to say about it if I knew what it is.

None.

Oct 20 2008, 4:09 pm Darkmapper Post #3

so, i think everybody thinkt about ships in starcraft. And i want to make them in a mod. (U-boats will be included too) some new iscripts for units, and new defense buildings like a buildable dloor gun etc.

None.

Oct 20 2008, 4:36 pm Darkmapper Post #4

So i did upload the beta Cover of Seecraft. It will be upgraded but its good for the start. ^^

Attachments:
ship.jpg
Hits: 16 Size: 40.45kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 21 2008, 5:01 am by Darkmapper.

None.

Oct 20 2008, 6:41 pm Symmetry Post #5

Dungeon Master

Have you actually started making the mod? How do you plan on doing the water based units?

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Oct 20 2008, 7:06 pm Polaris Post #6

Quote from name:Reindeer Breeder
How do you plan on doing the water based units?
Making water based mod would actually be pretty simple, if not extremely simple. You'd just need a little 3D modeling skill to pull it off correctly.

If anything cool is ever going on Skype me up under the name "blarghle"

Oct 20 2008, 7:07 pm Symmetry Post #7

Dungeon Master

Quote from Polaris
Quote from name:Reindeer Breeder
How do you plan on doing the water based units?
Making water based mod would actually be pretty simple, if not extremely simple. You'd just need a little 3D modeling skill to pull it off correctly.

If you did it that way, yes. But only if you plan on not using land units.

Oct 20 2008, 8:48 pm Darkmapper Post #8

i think 3d modeling is the best option for ships. cos bcs just on water would be cheap.

What do you mean with not using land units?

and how is the titlecover?^^

problem is that i need some titleset that looks like water but where i can build over them (for junge terrain)
Some tips and graphics would be helpfull too, cos i only have time to mod at weekend :/

None.

Oct 20 2008, 11:34 pm Corbo Post #9

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

OH! he means SeaCraft!

fuck you all

Oct 21 2008, 1:47 am Sand Wraith Post #10

she/her

You should have at least have something around 10% done for your mod, and only when you know that you're going to steamroll the mod. Otherwise, I remember over 50% done before a thread being created.
Neither would I want to damn myself over that; I really want to create a thread for my current project.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 21 2008, 7:16 pm by Reindeer Breeder.

Oct 21 2008, 2:21 am EzDay281 Post #11

OH! he means SeaCraft!
Confused me for a bit, too. D:
What do you mean with not using land units?
Basically, we can only have one level of movement restriction - air units can go anywhere, ground units can go on any tiles without a certain flag ( or is it with? I dunno, I don't terrainmod ) . You can have:
Water units only; Water units and "land" units that can magically walk on water; Land units and "Water" units that can navigate on land. This is, of course, ignoring air units... but that's because they're irrelevant.
If you were to make such a mod, it would purely be a graphical novelty - which isn't to say that it wouldn't be an awesome one... though I do think it wouldn't be, since I just don't like naval RTS. =P

None.

Oct 21 2008, 2:38 am Sand Wraith Post #12

she/her

We could reverse water and land, so that ships use pseudo-water and pseudo-land is used for blocking ships.

What?

-

I think I'd rather have a tank mod, the "ships" of land.

Oct 21 2008, 2:41 am Hercanic Post #13

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

Dear Darkmapper:
You need to focus on learning the tools and producing enough test projects that you are comfortable with modmaking, and familiar enough to know its limitations. Only then should you concern yourself with complex or epic projects.

"Idea" threads started by inexperienced modders are ill-conceived. The community will not have much faith in your project announcements until you prove to them that you are capable. Always start small, or you'll find yourself in the same situation as many hopefuls -- overwhelmed and discouraged, the result of which is a lot of talk with nothing produced or released.

Oct 21 2008, 2:56 am Vi3t-X Post #14

Switch water tiles to ground, ground tiles to water (pallete style?).

You can't restrict units over water, but you sure as hell can restrict ground units to "walk" on water.

None.

Oct 21 2008, 3:37 am Sand Wraith Post #15

she/her

Seriously, don't even try a water mod yet. Try to make a strictly land mod first (with absolutely no air units or flying buildings). Then, all you would have to do is switch around the graphics for land and water. The only problem might be wavy water and/or wavy ground. Or something.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 21 2008, 7:17 pm by Reindeer Breeder.

Oct 21 2008, 4:53 am Darkmapper Post #16

oh maan... on german is sea writen see and i thinkt in english is it the same... :blush:
Its actually true that i have not much time to make this mod cos of the school (im first 13 years old ^^ )
I think that the mod is possible for me to make, otherwise i easyli will close this threat.
But if someone has an idea or something that helps for SeaCraft he shoud write it here.

None.

Oct 21 2008, 5:12 am Sand Wraith Post #17

she/her

Don't make a SeaCraft. First, try making a LandCraft or something, where all the units are land; no air.

Both concepts are fundamentally/innately/essentially the same.

Besides that, making a LandCraft would make for good practise for making SeaCraft.

Oct 21 2008, 5:16 am Darkmapper Post #18

Quote from name:New-.Hydrolisk
Don't make a SeaCraft. First, try making a LandCraft or something, where all the units are land; no air.

Both concepts are fundamentally/innately/essentially the same.

Besides that, making a LandCraft would make for good practise for making SeaCraft.

think you are right... ^^

None.

Oct 21 2008, 7:18 pm Symmetry Post #19

Dungeon Master

Avoid posting threads before you've actually done anything. And to be honest, the people here are right. For a beginner modder, something simpler would be wise.

Options
  Back to forum