Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Wireless lag????
Wireless lag????
Oct 19 2008, 5:04 pm
By: Darkmapper  

Oct 19 2008, 5:04 pm Darkmapper Post #1

Hey guys. I always playd starcraft online with a ethernet lan adapter and had no problms with lag. But a few days ago, this adapter thing is works not anylonger :(. So we buyd a wireless modem. The internet works fine, but when i play online, i can only play with 1 other guy (like 1v1 or UMS just with 1 other guy) :omfg:
Why? Does anyone know how this is fixable?PLS HLP!!!!! :-(

None.

Oct 19 2008, 5:09 pm Excalibur Post #2

The sword and the faith

You need to open your ports. Look in the tech forum as it has already been explained.

Edit:
http://www.staredit.net/topic/3899/

Should help.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 19 2008, 5:20 pm by Excalibur.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Oct 19 2008, 7:42 pm Darkmapper Post #3

uuhm im confused :???: Http://192.168.2.1/ doesnt work by me and my ones (192.168.1.33 and 192.168.1.1) doesnt work too. This "sites" don`t exist. Does somebody know what do do exactly?

None.

Oct 19 2008, 9:37 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

1. enter your router name into google
2. write "ip"behind it
3. press the enter button
4. search for the right ip

OR

you look it up in your router's manual

Oct 21 2008, 1:16 am Pieh Post #5

I am actually experiencing this same problem. I have my ports open (6112-6119 and 4000, suppose to be good for any battle.net game). I have my NAT opened (I heard that would work from a random forum). I have even tried port triggering on 6112, to no effect. I have tried a few other things as well. No firewalls that i can find are on. And I really need help. Please post ANY suggestions, or info you need to help me. I'm getting desperate. I can play diablo 2 LoD fine. I play starcrfat with 1 person fine.

Help?

None.

Mar 16 2009, 1:13 am admiralxgmx Post #6

The problem could be that you have a router. However, there is a way to fix the problem by forwarding your ports. If you have a "Linksys WRT110" router, then click here. If you have a different router, then click here. If neither of those solutions worked, then I recommend you post your tech support problem on several different forums (I recommend you post it on the SS Free, Forum Unity, WarBoards, Trollz, Explosmertacular, the new Battle.net forums, the old Battle.net forums, StarEdit Network, Maplantis, BlizzForums, Creep Colony, BattleReports, Godz Minnionz, StarCraft.org, Battle Forums, Reenactor Entertainment, Facepunch Studios, Lethal Injection, StarCraft Meetup, and D3Scene.ru) and I also recommend you contact Blizzard Entertainment. To contact Blizzard Entertainment you can e-mail "support@blizzard.com" (without the quotation marks), call "(949) 955-1382", go to the channel "Blizzard Tech Support" (without the quotation marks) on the U.S. West gateway, or send them mail at "Blizzard Entertainment | P.O. Box 18979 | Irvine, CA 92623 | United States" (with | meaning go to the next line). It should be noted that it is possible that the first solution may stop forwarding ports, however you can just reforward them again using the same procedure as before. I hope this helped.

None.

Mar 16 2009, 2:10 am Doodle77 Post #7

1. Find your router on portforward.com
2. Forward port 6112
3. ???
4. Profit!!!

None.

Mar 16 2009, 3:13 am Falkoner Post #8

To find the IP that you should put into the browser, right click My Network Places, go to properties, right click Local Area Connection, go to Status, then go to the Support tab, and the correct IP is next to Default Gateway.

None.

Options
  Back to forum