Removing Creep
Sep 16 2007, 12:31 am
By: MageOfMystra  

Sep 16 2007, 12:31 am MageOfMystra Post #1

I've hit a snag in an idea where a Zerg building will be replaced by a Terran one, but, the creep from the Zerg building prevents the Terran building from being built. Is there any way to remove the creep instantly from a 3x2 location (or 2x3, I'm not sure which goes in front of which)?

None.

Sep 16 2007, 2:02 am frazz Post #2

You could possibly make the terrain the building is on top of non buildable.... but then you can't place the new Terran building. You could also make the terrain around the building non-buildable, which would make the creep under the building disappear more quickly.

None.

Sep 16 2007, 3:29 am Falkoner Post #3

Create Vespene Geysers over the creep and it will disappear.

None.

Sep 16 2007, 8:26 pm TricksOfDeath Post #4

But then they see a huge ugly pile of rock everytime ;D it just depends on how much your willing to put into a map.

None.

Sep 16 2007, 9:51 pm Money Post #5

The vespene trick didn't seem to work for me.

On the map attached, the first beacon is just remove, place. The second is remove, place vespene, removed vespene, place. The third is remove, place minerals, removed minerals, place.

None.

Sep 16 2007, 9:57 pm MageOfMystra Post #6

I can't really use the vespene geyser idea you guys had because a geyser's 2x4.. or 4x2, I'm not sure which goes in front of the the other. I just ended up replacing the zerg building with another terran one. :><:

None.

Sep 16 2007, 10:32 pm Money Post #7

I think it would be 4x2. I remember you have to walk before you jump, width and then height.

If you can get it to work a mineral field is 3x2.

None.

Sep 17 2007, 12:04 am TricksOfDeath Post #8

Increase the millisecond interval when creating the buildings... you are acting as if it would be instiant, hence my suggestion of an observer and all that "10 seconds to trigger" is the reason why its not working -_-

None.

Sep 17 2007, 12:09 am Money Post #9

Why not just remove and then wait for the creep to go away and place the new building then? It would be faster and easier.

None.

Sep 17 2007, 12:11 am Falkoner Post #10

Creating resources is the best way to remove it, you just have to get it right.

None.

Sep 17 2007, 1:00 am Money Post #11

I guess I don't have it right. Make sure you have it on fastest, all three work. The second two are just... the same as the first. Play to understand, I suck at explaining.

Also, what buildings did you plan on using? I can plug those in.

None.

Options
  Back to forum