Staredit Network > Forums > Clan CheF > Topic: Secret Map Project Omg Omg
Secret Map Project Omg Omg
Oct 13 2008, 11:55 pm
By: Riney  

Oct 13 2008, 11:55 pm Riney Post #1

Thigh high affectionado

Ok since usually only CheF members even dare read the chef forum here anymore, I thought this would be a good place to gather ideas (Because I dont have screenshots) for my upcomming map. (I also didnt want to be color happy and hell bent on making this post look good either :shifty: )

So anyway, Im making a map that could be called simiular to "Gunship RPG" And "Space Pirate War RPG" (Both with lack features which would make them full feature games, or the lack of bug testing) However this is set in a Icy planet (For the Winter Contest lulz) where tempretures are simply uninhabitable without some sort of machine or reactor keeping the area warm. However there is a secret which the planet holds which is the reason people even settled. Now an evil group of mercanries funded directly by the Supreme ruler himself (Which we find out later is evil too) threatens to take over. [/endjuicystory]

Now I need ideas. The SHIP you control can be upgraded in TONS of ways, Size, Parts, Reactor, Cockpit Option(s), Guns, and Automated Defenses.

Guess what. I dont have too many parts and I need some help. Reactors are easy, they make the ship run (Things cost more and more energy usage ya'd think right?) Ill be using the 3 Refinerys for that, rusty, advanced, and shiny (Names subject to change, you can help too with the second 2) as well as upgrade modules for each one. Size is simple. But I need ideas for Guns (And the air unit which homes in on targets), Parts (Like energy storage, heater (To keep your ship warm), larger ammo storage, etc)., and Cockpit Options such as radar and such.

Ive got till december to finish so ill be working at a slow and steady pace, but hey, about time I didnt make a zombie map right?

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Oct 14 2008, 1:36 am Echo Post #2

I hope you quit because WC3 people are known to quit.

None.

Oct 14 2008, 1:59 am Lingie Post #3

DM won't quit, because now hes sporting Longcat. And Longcat be loooong.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Oct 14 2008, 3:34 am Riney Post #4

Thigh high affectionado

Brb I have to kill Lingie, hes seen far too much. LuLZ

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Oct 14 2008, 3:38 pm Fisty Post #5

Oh look secret projectz!

BTW: Try to kill me and I'm afraid I'll have to summon Mehrunes Dagon.

None.

Oct 14 2008, 8:57 pm Riney Post #6

Thigh high affectionado

Seriously now, I need ideas...*cough*

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Oct 15 2008, 10:16 pm SoL- Post #7

I haven't played either of those maps. I'd like to see an scv as the Ship. Power ups as the reactor [scv carries it.] and powerups are limited in time.
However, using an scv as the ship limits its range.

None.

Oct 15 2008, 11:51 pm Riney Post #8

Thigh high affectionado

The ship is a Slow Craft, a Medium speed one, and a Fast one depending on what engine you got (I failed to mention that ;o) And it has to fly, but I got the ships down.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Oct 16 2008, 12:01 am Oyen Post #9

Well, you might want to look through the Build-A-Ship Workshop topic in Map Production to gain some ideas for parts.
Another map, called Astrogears, made by Tuxedo-Templar also may give you some ideas. His website about the map is no longer available, but here's a copy of his Making-Of page.

Attachments:
Astrogears Making Of.mht
Hits: 4 Size: 114.21kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 16 2008, 12:12 am by Oyen.

None.

Oct 16 2008, 12:25 am Riney Post #10

Thigh high affectionado

Oyen you do realise Im one of the beta testers for Astrogears right? Im that asshole who accused you of hacking D:

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Oct 16 2008, 6:45 pm Oyen Post #11

Quote from name:Dark_Marine
Oyen you do realise Im one of the beta testers for Astrogears right? Im that asshole who accused you of hacking D:
Oh....It's been awhile..... :lol:

None.

Nov 19 2008, 8:52 pm BlueWolf Post #12

So how much have you made so far? Or did you give up? Take my idea. AN island in the middle of the ocean. You need generators(mines) to travel in the cold weather. The montsters contain the oil needed to light up a generator. Boss has ice attacks. This is not a level up game(Unless you add it). The point is to get through the cave figuring out riddles and getting through the cave to find the exit.

Forgot to mention that you fall into a hidden cave while out doing an errand.

None.

Nov 19 2008, 8:55 pm Riney Post #13

Thigh high affectionado

Yea I completely changed my idea for my unoffical entry for the winter map contest, lets just call it a Simulation game this time.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Options
  Back to forum