Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: SCD4 Discussion!
SCD4 Discussion!
Oct 11 2008, 9:59 pm
By: O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Nov 26 2008, 6:00 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #61

👻 👾 👽 💪

I was considering that... Only thing is that the background and panel is a single image (I didn't feel like darkening it behind a specific color, etc.)

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Nov 29 2008, 8:02 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #62

👻 👾 👽 💪

Patching works! I also added 1.16.0.
Should there be any confirmation other than changing the Current Version at the top?

For pre-1.08 (gateway selection) versions, SCD4 successfully hacks in a custom gateway!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 29 2008, 10:10 pm by FaRTy1billion.

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jan 2 2009, 7:51 pm Hercanic Post #63

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

Does patching also work on the downloaded copy of SC from Blizzard's website? According to DarkWizzard, it's actually slightly different. SuicidalInsanity had to modify SCMDraft to make it work with it.

Jan 2 2009, 8:11 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #64

👻 👾 👽 💪

I don't have it, so I don't know. What files does it have?

Jan 3 2009, 2:03 am bajadulce Post #65

Apparently the blizzard e-install uses a "game path" registry key instead of "program" from what Devlin reported in my BWAIDowngrader thread. He had to add a "program" key for my program to work. However, he also reported that SCD3 worked for him without this reg addition.

None.

Jan 3 2009, 5:58 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #66

👻 👾 👽 💪

I use InstallPath.

Jan 3 2009, 6:27 am bajadulce Post #67

My program uses the install path key as well for all it's moving of files. However for some reason my program still checks for stardat.mpq, broodat.mpq as well as checks for a program key. lolz. must be left over code from our original 2003 BWAI installer days. Guess I'll be getting rid of that check for next version. Alright, how's your program coming along?

Code
// Check for presence of an Installed Starcraft
if (Not Exists File ${$(KeyMachine) $(KeyStarcraft) program}) {
    Fail;
}
if (Not Exists File ${$(KeyMachine) $(KeyStarcraft) InstallPath}\stardat.mpq) {
    Fail;
}
// Fall through -> Succeed.

None.

Jan 3 2009, 7:48 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #68

👻 👾 👽 💪

Eh. I get the path once and store it if GetRegPath is set, otherwise it reads it from the ini.

It patches with SFNoCD and ToggleNX options both supported. ;o No manual ToggleNX yet, though.

Feb 8 2009, 7:24 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #69

👻 👾 👽 💪

Should I use a different background image or does it not matter?
Also I've been working on controls actually doing stuff (and showing proper values.)

I've slowly been making progress. ;o I should spend like a week and do a major push on this thing.

Jun 21 2009, 9:44 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #70

👻 👾 👽 💪

So this is not totally dead ... I just added the Battle.net gateway editor code. It works great 'sfar as I can tell. :D I tested in Brood War and the gateways didn't reset.

It has two different displays...
One has the list of gateways with Add, Edit, and Delete buttons. One of the items will be marked with an asterisk to show it is the default gateway.
The other has the name, time zone, and url address with Save, Cancel, and Set Default buttons. Save will load changes into the registry, Cancel will discard any changes, and Set Default will mark whichever as the default gateway.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 21 2009, 10:14 pm by FaRTy1billion.

Feb 1 2010, 9:50 pm Jack Post #71

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I posted something on modcrafters, but I may as well put it here: if SCD4 had a way to generate a standalone exe based on options that the user sets, to make a noob-friendly mod, that'd be great. For example, the modder selects 1.15.1 as the patch to auto-downgrade to, the name of the main mod exe( let's say ZombieCraft.exe) and what gateways to add to the registry.

So the end user just double-clicks the generated exe, and the mod starts up with the correct patch etc. Even better would be if, upon exiting the mod, the generated exe detects that, and upgrades SC back to the normal patch.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Feb 2 2010, 7:34 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #72

👻 👾 👽 💪

Read about the mod database thingy. ;o I haven't made it yet, but planned was where you'd select a mod and it'd auto-patch for what is set.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum