Staredit Network > Forums > > Topic: [MM]od Night
[MM]od Night
Oct 11 2008, 4:45 am
By: Corbo
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 1117 >

Mar 7 2009, 2:09 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #161

Just here for the activity... well not really

I've tested the other version of STF, and now I want to play it multiplayer WITHOUT a desync.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Mar 14 2009, 7:38 am Excalibur Post #162

The sword and the faith

I'll be working today and I don't know if I'll have time to edit SmallArms and make it ready for MN. I will try though.
I will be home in time for MN however, so in the event that SmallArms isn't ready, I'd like to suggest some ARAI for MN, but instead of focusing on AI, moar pvp.

I've also prepared a couple of new maps which you can get your hands on over at BWMN, this includes an update to Dominion which I introduced a week or two ago.
(6)Jaguar
(7)Confession III
(8)Dominion

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Mar 14 2009, 8:21 pm Excalibur Post #163

The sword and the faith

Just got home, definitely don't have time to finish SmallArms. ARAI PvP focus plz?

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Mar 15 2009, 2:03 pm Symmetry Post #164

Dungeon Master

Quote from name:Andrew Jackson
Just got home, definitely don't have time to finish SmallArms. ARAI PvP focus plz?

I was out. But if we can get some guys together today, we could play.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Mar 15 2009, 3:59 pm Excalibur Post #165

The sword and the faith

Quote from name:Killer_Kow

I was out. But if we can get some guys together today, we could play.
Sure.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Mar 15 2009, 5:47 pm bajadulce Post #166

I'd like to suggest some ARAI for MN, but instead of focusing on AI, moar pvp.
Excellent point. The "AI" was built for single player and for those that couldn't find ppl to play the game with. Mod nights should be PvP. Compstomps are ok once in a while, but this mod is 100X more fun multiplayer PvP than any compstomp.

None.

Mar 15 2009, 6:41 pm Excalibur Post #167

The sword and the faith

If anyone wants to get some people together and play today just let me know.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Mar 17 2009, 11:43 pm Biophysicist Post #168

Forgive me if I'm not supposed to do this or if this is the wrong place to do so, but I think I can get Biophysics done by next Mod Night and was wondering if we could play it then.

None.

Mar 18 2009, 7:50 pm Phobos Post #169

Are you sure about that?

Don't apologize, just show up and say "Hey guys I'm done with a playable version of Biophysics, so I wanted to know if we could play this".

You might also want to wait until Friday afternoon or Saturday morning to nominate something for mod night.

this is signature

Mar 19 2009, 4:15 am Corbo Post #170

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from Phobos
Don't apologize, just show up and say "Hey guys I'm done with a playable version of Biophysics, so I wanted to know if we could play this".

You might also want to wait until Friday afternoon or Saturday morning to nominate something for mod night.
This.
Bring me a decently playable mod and we'll talk.

fuck you all

Mar 19 2009, 11:15 am Phobos Post #171

Are you sure about that?

<3 Corbo

this is signature

Mar 20 2009, 2:38 am A_of-s_t Post #172

aka idmontie

Temptation!!!!!!

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Mar 20 2009, 10:42 pm bajadulce Post #173

Temptation, STF, and Lunacy Unbound are new mods that I'd like to see some replays of. Triple Header Mod Night. Gogogogogogogo.

None.

Mar 20 2009, 10:45 pm Excalibur Post #174

The sword and the faith

Unless Temptation is in a more finished state then when I played it last week.... :ermm:

STF as I understand crashes a bit too much.

And LU is one o them RPG mods that I loath so much.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Mar 20 2009, 11:21 pm bajadulce Post #175

Temptation looks pretty polished and fun to me? What's missing? Strings?

I played some games of STF with Hercanic (the latest non-ai with minerals removed version) and it was pretty stable. I think the barricades lift-off button should have been removed in this latest patch until it could be resolved. The barricade should just be removed entirely until it can be resolved for that matter. That's about the only known crash I know of?

LU too rpg-like? Never got a chance to check it out yet. I do like combat oriented mods tho the best I agree. I bet if LU had a few UMS maps, the RPG flavor would be OK. Attempting to build an RPG-like mod in "melee" is really difficult.

... I am still refining my own mod nightly. Hopefully I'll have something to play before SC2 is released. :crazy:

None.

Mar 20 2009, 11:34 pm Excalibur Post #176

The sword and the faith

Also Baja I'm preparing a CU update. Was wondering if you'd be willing to do some AI updates on it, if not for the new race at least so the Confeds don't do the same thing every time. :P

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Mar 21 2009, 12:00 am ForTheSwarm Post #177

Quote from bajadulce
Temptation looks pretty polished and fun to me? What's missing? Strings?

That and a broken button for Magistrate.

Quote from bajadulce
LU too rpg-like? Never got a chance to check it out yet. I do like combat oriented mods tho the best I agree. I bet if LU had a few UMS maps, the RPG flavor would be OK. Attempting to build an RPG-like mod in "melee" is really difficult.

The maps that LordA supplied are plenty "UMS"-ish, when combined with the triggers.

@Excalibur: What new race?

None.

Mar 21 2009, 12:28 am bajadulce Post #178

@ Tempt. Ahh I see. Well A-of-St should stop spending so much time in the shoutbox and fix them! Still a pretty fun mod when I tried it out. Nice effects!

@ New CU. Sounds good. I remember slapping that script together at the breakfast table. Maybe 1/2 hour tops. It would be nice if you could go through the mod and remove any "must be broodwar" requirements. This would allow for the current non-cheating script to be moved to Vanilla and a slightly more challenging one built for a newer CU. Great mod btw. Simple, but fun.

@LU maps. Yes, he did a good job with those maps. I agree they do look very UMS-like. They don't use locations tho and there's only one way to play them. Having some more variety with added locations + all the extra stuff you can't include in a stripped melee.trg would make for better RPGs as well as some fun mulitplayer scenarios. A few single-player UMS maps would be a nice addition too. With UMS you could at least build some kind of a single-player challenge. "AI" doesn't always have to be just "scripts". Someday, I'll have to play this mod with some ppl or maybe somebody will build a fun little map or mini campaign. A lot of work was put into those trigs. Shame it isn't being played. AND DAMNIT TO BLIZZARD FOR NOT MAKING SOME KIND OF SCMLOADER with a new patch. We could be distributing mods with our maps. Well maybe not grafted ones, but a hell of a lot could be improved in mapping/modding otherwise. *stops ranting now. :)

None.

Mar 21 2009, 3:33 am Corbo Post #179

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

What time would Mr. Baja join our mod nights?

fuck you all

Mar 21 2009, 10:02 pm Excalibur Post #180

The sword and the faith

So what are we playing? I vote Temptation.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Options
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 1117 >
  Back to forum