melee night
Oct 7 2008, 3:09 pm
By: chuiu  

Oct 10 2008, 12:01 pm Devourer Post #21

Hello

Quote from Excalibur
I'd rather just get mod night started back up and have good matchups (1:1, 2:2) on good maps (Note: Promap =/= good map. Take a look at some of the recent Korean maps that are total shit. Real, good maps, come from places like BWMN.). I have to say I'm ridiculously bored with normal, un-modded melee.
you mean, playing a good balanced mod in 1n1 / 2n2 / 3n3? nice idea :D

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Oct 10 2008, 11:38 pm Fisty Post #22

Quote from Excalibur
Quote from name:Deathman101
Quote from Excalibur
I'd rather just get mod night started back up and have good matchups (1:1, 2:2) on good maps (Note: Promap =/= good map. Take a look at some of the recent Korean maps that are total shit. Real, good maps, come from places like BWMN.). I have to say I'm ridiculously bored with normal, un-modded melee.
Honestly Ex, it doesn't matter what map you play on mod night, unless the creator has specifically said otherwise.
Yes, the map matters, but the issue is a map that is balanced in unmodded might not be particularly balanced for that mod. I however think that its very possible to say that certain maps that are good for normal SC would be good for modded play, because both have units that fill the same roles in most situations. (I have yet to see a non-space-based mod that didn't have infantry, artillery, fighter ect.)
Ask Polaris, in BoB you want huge open areas because of the bigass artillery in the mod.

None.

Oct 11 2008, 9:41 am BeDazed Post #23

For about any mod, huge ass maps is the wiser choice.

None.

Oct 11 2008, 3:39 pm ClansAreForGays Post #24

In 8 ffa's, if not it really takes the fun out of making use of the lower tech units that every1 always skips.

Oct 12 2008, 5:16 am SpaceDominator Post #25

I find it ironic that I saw this here. Tomorrow afternoon at 2:30 PM EST in the channel op BGN on U.S. East, I will be hosting what I call Blizzard Gaming Night which is essentially identical to "mod night" or "ums night" here at SEN, except for the fact that we also play a quite a bit of melee during the afternoon. All you have to do is show up in the channel and just play games.

Simple concept but it works oh so well. You can check out http://bgn.informe.com if you're curious more about the background of the event.

The nice thing is that we normally will end up getting players of most skill levels which is a nice thing.

Just thought I'd bring this to your attention. :)
-SpaceDominator

None.

Jan 23 2009, 4:20 am DaltonSerdynski Post #26

Should host another one...and Iccup is just not as fun anymore i
t really has lost its taste with me

None.

Jul 12 2009, 9:45 pm Cheezy Post #27

iccup has lost its taste? why?
been losing a lot lately?

None.

Options
  Back to forum