Terrain copy
Sep 15 2007, 7:02 am
By: Aoe325  

Sep 15 2007, 7:02 am Aoe325 Post #1

Hi, I'm trying to copy some terrain from a map into another using ScmDraft. Each time I try my terrain gets corrupted (it's not the same thing that is showing (keeps the old terrain information with new visual) and it crashes starcraft at map loading. Is there a special way to proceed? A better program? Some dos and dont-dos? Please enlighten me! ^^

None.

Sep 15 2007, 11:04 am Daedalus Post #2

It can be a lot of things. Maybe you could give us some more information about the maps and what is happening? Screenshots of the editor and in-game would be helpful, and/or post the maps here. As of now I don't completely understand what you are trying to say. What do you mean with "keeps the old terrain informatin with new visual?"

None.

Sep 15 2007, 8:01 pm sharf Post #3

sounds alot like your copying say... badlands into a jungle map... what are the two terrain types?

None.

Sep 15 2007, 9:29 pm Aoe325 Post #4

Quote from sharf
sounds alot like your copying say... badlands into a jungle map... what are the two terrain types?

I'm pretty sure they're the same :dontgetit:

And I mean that lets say I copy high jungle on some high elevated jungle, if afterwards I put some high jungle in the copied high jungle high elevated jungle will appear all around it

or if I put water in water copied on anything else it will modify the terrain around it as if I was placing a new water tile

None.

Sep 15 2007, 9:42 pm Excalibur Post #5

The sword and the faith

Ah i see what your saying.

The problem is is you place 1x1 isom of high dirt and copy that to a new map, the new map still thinks it has normal dirt there. Copying terrain is not recognised as valid ISOM by the editor.

I believe SI said he might add this feature in the next version.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Sep 15 2007, 10:54 pm Falkoner Post #6

Ex is right about how the terrain is 'keeping it's original properties', but I still have no idea why it would crash when opened..

None.

Sep 15 2007, 11:18 pm Aoe325 Post #7

Quote from Falkoner
Ex is right about how the terrain is 'keeping it's original properties', but I still have no idea why it would crash when opened..

I see, it pretty much means copying terran is useless tough :dontgetit: :><:

As for the crash I did alot of stuff (Like resizing) before the test it crashed. it *could* be unrelated

None.

Sep 16 2007, 3:27 am Falkoner Post #8

Oh! Lol, if you have an odd size and you don't play another map first before playing that map it has a tendency to crash.

None.

Sep 16 2007, 5:29 pm Aoe325 Post #9

Quote from Falkoner
Oh! Lol, if you have an odd size and you don't play another map first before playing that map it has a tendency to crash.

Oh, so anything thats not something like 128*128, 256*128, 128*64(or w/e) will crash? Guess I'll need to add more stuff to fit in :><:

As for the terrain if it doesnt crash the map I can manage it, thanks everybody for the answers

None.

Sep 16 2007, 9:58 pm Falkoner Post #10

It only crashes if you don't play another map first.

None.

Sep 17 2007, 1:41 am Aoe325 Post #11

Quote from Falkoner
It only crashes if you don't play another map first.

Yeah but any crashing is bad. It's meant to be use on Bnet and I dont want to randomly crash other players lol

None.

Options
  Back to forum