Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Melee Map Projects > Topic: Ex's Large Player Maps
Ex's Large Player Maps
Sep 13 2008, 7:44 pm
By: Excalibur  

Sep 13 2008, 7:44 pm Excalibur Post #1

The sword and the faith

---Symmetric:
-(8)Portal

Download

-(8)The Sun Star

Download

---Unsymmetric:
-(7)Confession I

Download

-(7)Confession II

Download

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Sep 13 2008, 7:46 pm afz902k Post #2

Those look interesting, specially the first two.

None.

Oct 2 2008, 12:45 pm NaDa Post #3

Dude no offense but don't make maps people will not use.
The only 8 player maps people play are BGH - English
And the hunters KPGA, On Game Net - Korean
(Obviously they are the same map but the English version is loaded with minerals and gas just like fastest maps -__-)

Make 1:1 maps where people wont use unless there 100% balanced with 0 imperfections..

None.

Oct 2 2008, 6:47 pm Excalibur Post #4

The sword and the faith

Quote from NaDa
(Obviously they are the same map but the English version is loaded with minerals and gas just like fastest maps -__-)

Make 1:1 maps where people wont use unless there 100% balanced with 0 imperfections..
These are used, weekly. They are made for MM mod night play. Do not talk about what you do not know about. If I want to make a pointless map for idiots whos only purpose is to play the same old pro builds people have been doing for ages on 1:1, I'd make a (2) map.

Quote from ClansAreForGays
You deserve the incoming flame.

I can handle myself Clans. And for the record, I applaud your throwing a wrench into melee gameplay. Keep up the good work.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Oct 2 2008, 10:05 pm Moon)SHieLD( Post #5

Is it me, or is confession II's picture cut off at the top?

Good maps EX. I might actually get around to downloading them.

None.

Oct 3 2008, 12:26 am BeDazed Post #6

Confession is not 256x256. Just a friendly reminder :D

None.

Oct 3 2008, 4:48 am Falkoner Post #7

What the heck are you talking about? That's almost as bad as saying that we should all give in and start making Fastest maps only.

I love all of these maps, and whenever I play with my brothers against some computers, we need to play 3v5 to actually have any sort of challenge, so these maps are very welcome. Thanks for making 'em :)

None.

Oct 3 2008, 5:30 am MNeox Post #8

First map really has that twilit essence

None.

Jan 10 2010, 4:29 am Lord Malvanis Post #9

*Stares in awe at extremely well-done 8player maps that could he could never do himself even if he tried.*

None.

Jan 10 2010, 4:51 am Neki Post #10

We should have a SEN melee night on one of these maps Excalibur. :)

None.

Jan 10 2010, 4:53 am Positively Post #11

Downloaded everyone and played em ;). How fun!

None.

Jan 10 2010, 7:58 am ejac1337 Post #12

ejacs thoughts (from an iccup perspective),

The unsymmetrical ones are basically unplayable for obvious reasons. You also went overboard with the doodads in the second.

Portal:
TvZ, You'd be forced to go hatchery at ramp for it would be impossible to defend your natural. Also the double gas in the main would allow you to do a muta opening. Saying the zerg got past the mid game, they would be able to exploit the ridiculous amount of gas on the map and win.

ZvP - Your ramps are inconsistent. On the ones that you made, it takes only 2 zealots to block, while on the normal ramps it'd take three. This is important because it would be basically impossible for protoss to fast expand for the same reasons zerg couldn't. The potential long rush distances would make it impossible to 2gate unless you proxied. So since the protoss will have an extremely difficult time dealing with the zerg in the beginning, the zerg will once again be able to abuse the ridiculous amount of gas and win.

TvP - Definitely an arbiter map. For the most part, that bigger/more expansions a map has, the more it favors protoss and I don't see why this map would help terrans at all except for perhaps the island expansions you can lift to, but arbiters fix that problem.

The Sun Star - Don't feel like writing one for every matchup. Once again, the ridiculous amount of gas on the map would make it very zerg favored. The only real difference about this map is the protected natural.

None.

Jan 10 2010, 9:14 pm Symmetry Post #13

Dungeon Master

Quote from ejac1337
ejacs thoughts (from an iccup perspective),

The unsymmetrical ones are basically unplayable for obvious reasons. You also went overboard with the doodads in the second.

Portal:
TvZ, You'd be forced to go hatchery at ramp for it would be impossible to defend your natural. Also the double gas in the main would allow you to do a muta opening. Saying the zerg got past the mid game, they would be able to exploit the ridiculous amount of gas on the map and win.

ZvP - Your ramps are inconsistent. On the ones that you made, it takes only 2 zealots to block, while on the normal ramps it'd take three. This is important because it would be basically impossible for protoss to fast expand for the same reasons zerg couldn't. The potential long rush distances would make it impossible to 2gate unless you proxied. So since the protoss will have an extremely difficult time dealing with the zerg in the beginning, the zerg will once again be able to abuse the ridiculous amount of gas and win.

TvP - Definitely an arbiter map. For the most part, that bigger/more expansions a map has, the more it favors protoss and I don't see why this map would help terrans at all except for perhaps the island expansions you can lift to, but arbiters fix that problem.

The Sun Star - Don't feel like writing one for every matchup. Once again, the ridiculous amount of gas on the map would make it very zerg favored. The only real difference about this map is the protected natural.

Why in Gods' name would you play 1v1 on any of these maps? It's obviously not what it was designed for -.-

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jan 11 2010, 11:23 am OlimarandLouie Post #14

Right, It was obviously designed for Phantom or something and should be played as an 8player ffa. :|
Or you can be predictable and play a 4v4.

None.

Jan 13 2010, 3:56 am Centreri Post #15

Relatively ancient and inactive

PHANTOM, you say?

Nice maps, and I'd love to play Phantom on them. :D

None.

Jan 13 2010, 8:58 pm Pr0nogo Post #16

These look alright. Did you make these with Phantom in mind?

Jan 13 2010, 10:24 pm Excalibur Post #17

The sword and the faith

Quote from name:Pronogo
These look alright. Did you make these with Phantom in mind?
I made these with Mod Night in mind, a now defunct gathering of the greatest minds to ever modify Starcraft.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jan 14 2010, 12:50 am Pr0nogo Post #18

I know what Mod Night is, although I've never participated in it.

There's a UMS map night at some point, though, yes?

Jan 14 2010, 1:23 am Excalibur Post #19

The sword and the faith

Quote from name:Pronogo
I know what Mod Night is, although I've never participated in it.

There's a UMS map night at some point, though, yes?
AFAIK Map Night is no longer active.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jan 14 2010, 1:29 am Pr0nogo Post #20

The hell does 'AFAIK' mean? I know 'IIRC' and 'TBH' and 'IMO' and all that, but I've never been able to decipher 'AFAIK.'

And, that sucks.

Options
  Back to forum