Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: In The Admiral's Service: Legends of Doack
In The Admiral's Service: Legends of Doack
Sep 13 2008, 8:35 am
By: IskatuMesk
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9

Oct 15 2008, 2:39 am HailFire Post #161

Quote from IskatuMesk
- Modified menus, console graphics (Will probably use my old console graphics that were created for me in previous mods, like the DJ console in HK)
- CGI video intro complete with voice narration, gonna have to figure out some Max for this!
- Finding a solution to the need for custom wireframes and icons; these will be tough to solve, wireframes especially... can't hand make them, can't render them...
- Re-render/create all of the old Undead graphics so their texture and brightness are the same as the new ones.

Quote from IskatuMesk
- CGI video intro complete with voice narration, gonna have to figure out some Max for this!

Fuck. Yes.

Quote from IskatuMesk
Should DoA find that the expander crash cannot be fixed I'll immediately cancel the mod, release what has been done, and leave the community. Upon the mod's completion I'll also be leaving the community. This is my last mod. By community I mean CC, SEN, everything. I won't be reachable through any means. So if you have anything you want to say or any requests, now is the time to make them.

Yeah, don't leave the fuckin' community. :ermm:

Otherwise, we may have to assemble an elite strike force of SeNers to find where you live and abduct you in the night. :shifty:

None.

Oct 15 2008, 2:59 am SubFocus Post #162

Lol.
TL has seen this?
Now they're going to be stepping on your nuts about balance and micro lmao

You should enable MBS just to piss them off

None.

Oct 15 2008, 8:10 am Fyrinite Post #163

Umm...Hi.

No news yet. Life is getting in the way.

I'll let you all know when I know more. Don't know how long that might be, getting to where I have free time to work on this might take a little bit of time.

None.

Oct 16 2008, 9:31 pm SubFocus Post #164

Do you have a paypal account?
I'd like to make a donation towards you to help with some motivation for the completion of this mod ;D

None.

Oct 17 2008, 4:05 am IskatuMesk Post #165

Lord of the Locker Room

Money means nothing to me. I have well over a grand just lying around I'll probably never use.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Oct 17 2008, 4:34 am SubFocus Post #166

Lol. Daaamn.

Is there any other way I can help motivate this or help it come along faster?

I'm just that excited.

None.

Oct 17 2008, 4:38 am FlyingHat Post #167

If you can somehow find a way to expand the iscript.bin file limit or even expand the sprite limit expander DofA has made, then that would be astronomically huge help.

By "astronomically huge", I mean big enough to possibly even rival an Undead ship.

None.

Oct 17 2008, 8:58 am IskatuMesk Post #168

Lord of the Locker Room

Well right now there is too much going on inside my head to do anything. I have to tend to this matter before it gets completely out of control. So I can't promise any timely updates for a while... or, if things get even worse, at all.

If DoA manages to fix the expander though, and I get some clear thought through, I'll definitely try to finish this.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Oct 19 2008, 3:29 pm Devourer Post #169

Hello

long time no update... whats up???

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Oct 19 2008, 3:44 pm FlyingHat Post #170

Quote from Devourer
Schizophrenia or a big fucking moodswing must be acting up on Mesk. Or, sleep and coffee are scarce.

Patience

None.

Oct 19 2008, 4:45 pm Devourer Post #171

Hello

Quote from FlyingHat
Quote from Devourer
Schizophrenia or a big fucking moodswing must be acting up on Mesk. Or, sleep and coffee are scarce.

Patience

omg xD
sure..... hopefully the "zerg" will be really cool... but i think it also will have 1-frame-units :l

im just asking myself: how much time did the drawer of the devourer required to draw it?? :D

Oct 19 2008, 7:08 pm IskatuMesk Post #172

Lord of the Locker Room

English. Grasp it with both hands before attempting to use.

There won't be any updates for quite some time.

Oct 24 2008, 10:59 am IskatuMesk Post #173

Lord of the Locker Room

This project is now dormant. If or when DoA can fix the expander, it will resume. Until then schizophrenia has become too much of a beast to battle for what might be a futile objective.

From what I understand, to fix the expander would require a tremendous amount of research, let alone actual work, and DoA has more important matters to attend to at this time.

So it's safe to say this mod is dead again.

Oct 25 2008, 4:54 pm SubFocus Post #174

Quote from IskatuMesk
This project is now dormant. If or when DoA can fix the expander, it will resume. Until then schizophrenia has become too much of a beast to battle for what might be a futile objective.

From what I understand, to fix the expander would require a tremendous amount of research, let alone actual work, and DoA has more important matters to attend to at this time.

My heart has splintered into a million pieces.

None.

Oct 25 2008, 4:57 pm Devourer Post #175

Hello

Quote from SubFocus
Quote from IskatuMesk

same :( :( :(
so it's given up? :(

Oct 25 2008, 5:00 pm HailFire Post #176

Quote from Devourer
Quote from SubFocus
Quote from IskatuMesk

same :( :( :(
so it's given up? :(

Not quite.

If DoA can fix the limit expander, this mod may yet see new life.

None.

Nov 2 2008, 12:24 pm IskatuMesk Post #177

Lord of the Locker Room

In case you don't read the CC forum, here's my official statement.

Times have become too difficult to try to devote sparse resources to a project like ITAS. With the limit expander being unstable and crashing the game very regularly, I've (expectedly) chosen to let the mod die. If DoA fixes the expander (which from what I understand would require a ridiculous amount of time on his end), I'll continue work on the mod.

Originally I had said that if I decided to cancel the mod because of the limit expander, I'd release what I had finished up to that point. I've now decided against that; I won't be releasing the new updates.

If a passing mod feels like locking this thread, please do so.

As I had also said, this means I am leaving SEN for good.

Most people who leave have some kind of special thread for leaving saying how they thank all these people and all that rubbish.

I have little to say regarding that. Barely anyone knows me here. I'm kind of a myth, whose prime was half a decade ago. I was modding before most of you ever picked up a computer, and that's when I was really known, and when I really got around. Now you are witnessing the decline and death of an old soul.

May you learn from my many failures. May you not repeat them.

Farewell.

Nov 2 2008, 6:39 pm poiuy_qwert Post #178

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Well that really sucks Iskatu, im gunna miss you around. I hope you can overcome your demons and continue doing things that you enjoy (go steal a pony!), and I hope to see you around. Have a good one man!

Options
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9
  Back to forum