Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Melee Discussion & Strategy > Topic: Optimal Expansion Time?
Optimal Expansion Time?
Sep 8 2008, 10:18 pm
By: A_of-s_t  

Sep 29 2008, 5:45 pm ClansAreForGays Post #21

Quote from BeDazed
No it just hit me in the head. You know not even the basic, and yet you rant how good you are.
Quote from ClansAreForGays
I know reality might be very different for you in Korea, but here in America, when someone says "I'm probably like the best sc player ever" they don't actually mean it.
Maybe you'll be able to actually read it if I bold it. I can't even fathom how you could be so stupid and blind. I wonder if you watch Colbert. I'd love to see your shocked reaction to how conservative he is!

Sep 30 2008, 3:18 am BeDazed Post #22

It shocks me to see that you still respond here. Why say if you dont actually mean it? I take it you don't mean anything there either.

None.

Oct 3 2008, 5:31 am A_of-s_t Post #23

aka idmontie

You bastards can't even stay on-topic >.> However, I can:

http://www.broodwarai.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=451&pid=5378&st=0&#entry5378

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Oct 3 2008, 1:16 pm BeDazed Post #24

Since melee is not a simple math problem determining the most efficient point to expand in every single game, it is not much of use. Theres two aspects of expanding.
- Having an aggressive attitude against the opponent, but in return slowing your expansion time.
Benefits: You could actually end the game if the opponent decides to expand fast. Or you could hurt your opponent to a point where you would be in lead even if you had a slow expansion.
- Having a super fast expansion but reducing your defense against the oncoming onslaught.
Benefits: You could have the mid-to-late game advantage in resource gains.

The most optimized expansion time for Terran without any defense is at 13/18. You will gain 400 minerals even while constantly pumping SCVs. Then you can put a CC by the nat. It isn't done much because it is too dangerous. Even against a normal macro build, it can fall quite easily.
Against Zerg, most terrans put a CC up after a barrack is up at around 22/26. Although it depends highly on what build Zerg takes. Usually against 2 hatch 8 ling build, Terran will be forced to put 2 or 3 scvs to defend with more marines, slowing the CC a little bit. 3 hatch build will not slow Terran's expansion time.
Against Protoss, most terrans will be forced to pump a rine and in-construction factory before putting up a CC. Otherwise the game might just end too simply.

None.

Oct 3 2008, 1:36 pm A_of-s_t Post #25

aka idmontie

Quote from BeDazed
Since melee is not a simple math problem determining the most efficient point to expand in every single game, it is not much of use.
Who said I was done? And who said it was simple? Finding mineral amount is only step one in finding the optimal time to expand >.>

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Oct 3 2008, 11:43 pm BeDazed Post #26

optimal time to expand
Too much for a math problem to solve. Unless you want to do it for almost an infinite amount of scenarios for almost every kind of map.

None.

Oct 4 2008, 4:18 am ClansAreForGays Post #27

Did you look at his math problem? He already says in it that he doesn't inlcude every factor, but it's very possible for there to be a formula for opt. exp time, and he's made some progress towards it.

Oct 4 2008, 5:01 am BeDazed Post #28

Yes I did look at his math problems Clans. And I am saying thats not progress. Everyone already knows what optimal expansion time is mineral wise and thats exactly at 13/18 SCVs.

None.

Oct 4 2008, 6:33 am A_of-s_t Post #29

aka idmontie

Quote from BeDazed
Yes I did look at his math problems Clans. And I am saying thats not progress. Everyone already knows what optimal expansion time is mineral wise and thats exactly at 13/18 SCVs.
Prove it.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Oct 4 2008, 6:48 am BeDazed Post #30

Prove it.
Do it.

None.

Oct 4 2008, 8:28 pm A_of-s_t Post #31

aka idmontie

Quote from BeDazed
Prove it.
Do it.
Exactly.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Options
  Back to forum