Hero Data
Sep 1 2008, 4:24 am
By: StrikerX22
Pages: < 1 2 3

Sep 3 2008, 2:22 am StrikerX22 Post #41

I wonder about this though... range 0 probably at least has a little leeway. If you have some zerglings attacking something, and then another comes along, it can occasionally get behind 2 and attack between them, without getting too close. So it's probably not exactly "0" even if the variable says that. Is it basically the square the zergling's in, or what?

None.

Sep 3 2008, 3:45 am rockz Post #42

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Almost all melee units have the exact same range, so that if one can attack, they can both attack eachother. That makes me believe it's the distance from the outside that matters.

The exceptions are Ultras (longer range), SCVs (shorter range), Broodlings (very short range), Drones/Probes (actually have a range of 1 square), and Infested Terrans (very short range).

I honestly don't know how it works. I just tested with flame traps, and my ghost killed 4 different numbers of flame traps in the up/down/left/right direction. Up was 252, Down was 250, left was 248, and right was 247.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Sep 3 2008, 3:51 am StrikerX22 Post #43

That's weird... they're so close but all different... wth.

None.

Sep 3 2008, 4:05 am rockz Post #44

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Here's the map I used. Bring a unit to the upper left and he'll be transported to the middle of the cross of wall traps. There shouldn't be a trap on the very center.

Attachments:
Ghost Range.scx
Hits: 0 Size: 61.16kb

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Sep 3 2008, 9:39 am NudeRaider Post #45

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

I also noticed that the direction you approach a bunker matters.
Load a bunker with hero ghosts and attack it with a reaver. Depending on from where you attack the bunker it will fight back, or not.
And NO, I don't mean the bug where the reaver walks closer that he would have to.

Nov 28 2019, 6:34 pm GGmano Post #46

Mr.Pete-Tong

we need a complete list of heroes stastitics Like size, range, cooldwn, damage type (e,s,c), unit type mechanical biological, upgrade armor, upgrade attacks,

I cant find it anywhere on net searched complete wiki only found normal unit stastistics. would be nice if anyone with knowledge on dat folder can put up some knowledge

A Legendary Map Maker, Player. Apparently im more than intresting to observe Irl

Ill try do my best in making all youre watchers happy

The maps I made are tweaked into perfection and maximum strategy added

Nov 28 2019, 6:59 pm Ultraviolet Post #47

Lol 11 year necro.

You can easily access and change this data using EUD Editor 2. Changing weapon range requires also changing target acquisition range if you want the units to automatically attack from their new range.

Nov 28 2019, 9:38 pm GGmano Post #48

Mr.Pete-Tong

Quote from Ultraviolet
Lol 11 year necro.

You can easily access and change this data using EUD Editor 2. Changing weapon range requires also changing target acquisition range if you want the units to automatically attack from their new range.

I dont want to edit their stats i want to know the default stats. Like sizes and dmg types Maybe you can tell me if infested kerrigans attack is Explosive or not and the size on infested kerrigan is assume to be small but im not 100% sure been searching wiki for that information. Maybe infested kerrigan is a medium sized unit. but i would think its small can you tell me or where to find the info.

A Legendary Map Maker, Player. Apparently im more than intresting to observe Irl

Nov 29 2019, 4:57 am Ultraviolet Post #49

Quote from GGmano
Quote from Ultraviolet
Lol 11 year necro.

I dont want to edit their stats i want to know the default stats. Like sizes and dmg types Maybe you can tell me if infested kerrigans attack is Explosive or not and the size on infested kerrigan is assume to be small but im not 100% sure been searching wiki for that information. Maybe infested kerrigan is a medium sized unit. but i would think its small can you tell me or where to find the info.

My point remains the same, you can access this data via EUD Editor 2.

For example, to answer your question: In EUD Editor 2, I pull up the DatEdit window and go to unit tab, then search for Infested Kerrigan. I find her Unit size is 1 (small). Then to find her damage type I hit the Jump button next to her weapon (Claws) and see the damage type is 3 (Normal). Additionally I see that her weapon min range is 0 and max range is 15 (one tile is 32).

Nov 29 2019, 7:55 am GGmano Post #50

Mr.Pete-Tong

Quote from Ultraviolet
My point remains the same, you can access this data via EUD Editor 2.

For example, to answer your question: In EUD Editor 2, I pull up the DatEdit window and go to unit tab, then search for Infested Kerrigan. I find her Unit size is 1 (small). Then to find her damage type I hit the Jump button next to her weapon (Claws) and see the damage type is 3 (Normal). Additionally I see that her weapon min range is 0 and max range is 15 (one tile is 32).

Ok Thanks thats what i needed i cant get eud editor to work on My com Thanks for the help

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum