Hero Data
Sep 1 2008, 4:24 am
By: StrikerX22
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Sep 1 2008, 8:29 pm Echo Post #21

Ghosts gets bonus attack range when inside a bunker.

None.

Sep 1 2008, 8:39 pm ClansAreForGays Post #22

doesn't every unit?

And if they did, wouldn't they have the same range as gaurds?

Sep 1 2008, 9:13 pm Echo Post #23

No, only ghosts do.

None.

Sep 1 2008, 9:14 pm Falkoner Post #24

Yes, every unit does, and yes, they get the same range as guardians, it's a very good strategy.

Haven't you seen how firebats can fire way further from inside a bunker? In fact, I'm pretty sure a firebat in a bunker has as much range as an unupgraded hydralisk.

None.

Sep 1 2008, 9:29 pm Echo Post #25

Firebats have the same range. It's just that bunkers are much larger so it gives the illusion of it.

None.

Sep 1 2008, 9:37 pm Falkoner Post #26

http://www.battle.net/scc/terran/tbunk.shtml

Third paragraph.

None.

Sep 1 2008, 10:12 pm Echo Post #27

Bunkers do not do add anything offensively to the units inside them, although they do give Marines inside a very slight increase in range. The primary purpose of Bunkers is to soak up damage from attacks. All damage is applied to the Bunkers rather than the units inside them. Only when the Bunker is destroyed will units inside be open to take damage.
It says marines.

None.

Sep 2 2008, 12:52 am MasterJohnny Post #28

Place Ghosts in Bunkers to protect them while they are building up energy and to hide them. A single Ghost (especially with the Ocular Implants upgrade) can spot for Siege Tanks. When being attacked by mechanical units, you also can pop out of the Bunker, cast Lockdown, then get back into the Bunker again. Ghosts should not be used for defense in Bunkers. They have added range, but their attack is largely useless against most units. Marines and Firebats will do a better job.

Also Units in bunkers shoot SLIGHTLY (almost unnoticeable) slower.

I am a Mathematician

Sep 2 2008, 7:27 am StrikerX22 Post #29

Quote from ClansAreForGays
I think we should make a "things you probably didn't know" wiki or sticky.

2nd'd. I think thatd' be very nice. And yeah sorry about the faulty hunter killer info... confused myself for some reason. Just tested myself to make sure. If anyone wants me to, I can at least start making a list, formatting it and such, and we can begin filling in the quirks. Just give the word. We should also leave a mark of verified vs unverified, to be sure... someone can go through and check a few now and then or something. If there's nothing interesting about a hero, we should also say so. And yeah sure, list noobish stuff like nuke strike even (for completeness sake), but last.

None.

Sep 2 2008, 7:49 am NudeRaider Post #30

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from StrikerX22
2nd'd. I think thatd' be very nice. And yeah sorry about the faulty hunter killer info... confused myself for some reason. Just tested myself to make sure. If anyone wants me to, I can at least start making a list, formatting it and such, and we can begin filling in the quirks. Just give the word. We should also leave a mark of verified vs unverified, to be sure... someone can go through and check a few now and then or something. If there's nothing interesting about a hero, we should also say so. And yeah sure, list noobish stuff like nuke strike even (for completeness sake), but last.
What are you waiting for? Do it! :P Make a nicely formatted table.

Sep 2 2008, 4:22 pm rockz Post #31

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I'm not sure how effective this is at measuring unit ranges, but I put a bunker right below a bunch of stacked buildings, each 1 px apart. Ghosts in the bunker killed 275, hero ghosts killed 243, which leads me to believe these are accurate (might be 1 less) since the difference is 32 px (1 square). Typically a ghost's range would be 224 (32*7). That means the range increased 51 pixels. It's probably 50 pixels.

If the range is measured from the center of the bunker, that would mean that the range increases a bit more. I'll run a test on all four sides to see.

Yep, it's measured from the center, but that's just so it has a good circle. With the distance from the center added in, the range of an upgraded marine (normally 5*32=160) was 233 on the sides and 234 on the top/bottom. A net gain of ~ 75 pixels, which is the same for the ghost shooting upward (275+24-224=75).

It's easier just to say that they gain about 1.5 squares.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 2 2008, 4:53 pm by rockz.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Sep 2 2008, 7:41 pm StrikerX22 Post #32

The real question is where other units have to hit the bunker. You measure from there, because that's what matters. Does this change anything?

I will start making a list, but I'm not sure how it should be formatted if in a table. For one, I didn't really want a table. I wasn't looking for every possible stat of the hero, but rather random things that are odd for it. I felt sentences would be better. I will give a list in a format I think is suited. If you wish it changed, I will consider, though anyone can make one in that case.

None.

Sep 2 2008, 8:00 pm Viett Post #33

An interesting fact that no one mentioned is that Warbringer can fire scarabs immediately after exiting a shuttle, while the regular Reaver has a bit of cooldown time.

None.

Sep 2 2008, 8:29 pm rockz Post #34

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from StrikerX22
The real question is where other units have to hit the bunker. You measure from there, because that's what matters. Does this change anything?

I will start making a list, but I'm not sure how it should be formatted if in a table. For one, I didn't really want a table. I wasn't looking for every possible stat of the hero, but rather random things that are odd for it. I felt sentences would be better. I will give a list in a format I think is suited. If you wish it changed, I will consider, though anyone can make one in that case.
Perhaps a table of all the units would be neat.

I think it would be useful to have this table with stats that can't be changed.
Dimensions, attack range, walking speed, unit number, cooldown, attacks/s, and anything else I forgot.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Sep 2 2008, 8:39 pm StrikerX22 Post #35

Heroes (information assumes heroes normally start with all upgrades, normal non-editable stats, costs 0 supply, has a white box, and normal portrait/sayings)
List is ordered by Tech Tree. Do ctrl+f to find a unit name and corresponding heroes.

ZERG

Drone - (doesn't exist)

Overlord - Yggdrasill:

Zergling - Devouring One:

Hydralisk - Hunter Killer:

Lurker - (doesn't exist)

Queen - Matriarch:

Scourge - (doesn't exist)

Mutalisk - Kukulza (Mutalisk):

Guardian - Kukulza (Guardian):

Devourer - (doesn't exist)

Ultralisk - Torrasque:

Defiler - Unclean One:

Infested Kerrigan: [insert general description, weird things like actual attack time, etc]

Infested Duran: (see TERRAN HEROES)

TERRAN

SCV - (doesn't exist)

Marine - Jim Raynor (Marine):

Firebat - Gui Montag:

Ghost - Sarah Kerrigan:

Ghost - Samir Duran:

Ghost - Infested Duran:

Ghost - Alexei Stukov:

Ghost - Gerard Dugalle:

Medic - (doesn't exist)

Vulture - Jim Raynor (Vulture):

Siege Tank - Edmund Duke (Siege Tank):

Siege Tank (Siege Mode) - Edmund Duke (Siege Mode):

Goliath - Alan Schezar:

Wraith - Tom Kazansky:

Dropship - (doesn't exist)

Science Vessel - Magellan:

Valkyrie - (doesn't exist)

Battlecruiser - Norad II:

Battlecruiser - Hyperion:

Battlecruiser - Arcturus Mengsk:

Terran Civilian:

PROTOSS

Probe - (doesn't exist)

Zealot - Fenix:

Dragoon - Fenix:

High Templar - Tassadar:

High Templar - Aldaris:

Dark Templar - Dark Templar (Hero):

Dark Templar - Zeratul:

Dark Templar - Raszagal (Dark Templar): (see Corsair)

Archon - Tassadar/Zeratul:

Dark Archon - (doesn't exist)

Shuttle - (doesn't exist)

Reaver - Warbringer:

Observer - (doesn't exist):

Scout - Mojo:

Scout - Artanis:

Corsair - Raszagal (Dark Templar):

Carrier - Gantrithor:

Arbiter - Danimoth:

General Critter Info:

KEY:
+ verified and thoroughly investigated once
* verified and thoroughly investigated at least twice (2+ ppl), all in agreement, DatEdit used

Example:
+Zergling - Devouring One: Nothing special.
*Hydralisk - Has its own portrait. Cannot morph to Lurker.

That's all I got so far. Any suggestions? Tell me to edit this thing, or you can put it in a wiki or what have you... maybe wait until it's more finished.

None.

Sep 2 2008, 8:53 pm Psionic_Storm Post #36

Quote from Viett
An interesting fact that no one mentioned is that Warbringer can fire scarabs immediately after exiting a shuttle, while the regular Reaver has a bit of cooldown time.

Wow, i have never noticed this, but if it is true, it is indeed an interesting fact.

Also, another interesting thing that nobody has mentioned yet (most people probably know it though), that Yggrasill increases underling limit by 30 instead of the 8 of a regular Overlord.

None.

Sep 2 2008, 9:36 pm rockz Post #37

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

It is, and yggdrasill was mentioned in striker's first post.

I made/filled out some stuff in the wiki.

http://www.staredit.net/wiki/Heroes

I also put in ranks, since that does differ from unit to unit. In one map I've played, a player is given a hero ghost and then other generic ghosts. Well, the "hero" ghost is Samir Duran, and the generic ghosts are Alexei Stukov. Since they have the same graphic and wireframe, it's very difficult to tell them apart, and since Alexei Stukov is rank 22, he will always be selected over Duran, rank 18.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 2 2008, 10:44 pm by rockz.

Sep 3 2008, 12:56 am Falkoner Post #38

It says marines.

No, only ghosts do.

If you're first assumption was wrong, there's a good chance your second one was also wrong, unless firebats normally have the same range as an unupgraded hydralisk.

Other units attack the center, which I guess makes Echo right in how he said the size of the bunker is what does it, although he said that only for ghosts, which is untrue.

None.

Sep 3 2008, 1:02 am StrikerX22 Post #39

Quote from rockz
I made/filled out some stuff in the wiki.

http://www.staredit.net/wiki/Heroes
Thanks for taking care of that; you were quite concise and thorough.

None.

Sep 3 2008, 2:15 am rockz Post #40

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from Falkoner

Other units attack the center, which I guess makes Echo right in how he said the size of the bunker is what does it, although he said that only for ghosts, which is untrue.
If other units had to attack the center, that would mean that units with 0 range couldn't hit the bunker (or other huge buildings). I'll make another test map to see how this works by using flame traps instead of academies.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum