Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Do looks matter to you?
Do looks matter to you?
Aug 31 2008, 9:12 pm
By: Brontobyte
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Polls
Do looks matter to you?
Do looks matter to you?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Yes 28

78%
None.
No 8

23%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 36 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Aug 31 2008, 10:41 pm Echo Post #41

Not everyone is born ugly, unless they were born with some disorder, like down syndrome. I believe people have to work their way into beauty. Eating right, getting braces if you have bad teeths, working out, and just taking care of yourself. If you are also always grumpy, that has a bad effect on your skin.

None.

Aug 31 2008, 10:44 pm grAffe Post #42

Yes, not everybody. But some are. And those are the people who Epicly Phail when it comes to dating.

None.

Aug 31 2008, 10:46 pm Echo Post #43

That is their own fault. Like gamers, they spend most of their times gaming, which causes them to have a habit of bad posture and they aren't able to look at girls in their eyes in conversations. They also have no social skills from staying at home playing games.

None.

Aug 31 2008, 10:49 pm Ultraviolet Post #44

Quote from name:
That is their own fault. Like gamers, they spend most of their times gaming, which causes them to have a habit of bad posture and they aren't able to look at girls in their eyes in conversations. They also have no social skills from staying at home playing games.

:'( I CAN'T MAKE EYE CONTACT, JERK.

Aug 31 2008, 10:49 pm Brontobyte Post #45

I would have to agree with Echo there. Unless you are born with something unexplainable that makes you ugly, you can change the way you look throughout your life, not by plastic surgery or anything drastic like that, but just by taking care of yourself.

None.

Aug 31 2008, 10:50 pm Echo Post #46

Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
Quote from name:

Practice with a friend. I used to have that problem too, but that was because I was shy in my early life.

None.

Aug 31 2008, 10:52 pm Brontobyte Post #47

Quote from Echo

I will have to disagree. Confidence is why you can't look into some hot girls eyes during a conversation. If you have good self confidence you're fine. Also, they may intimidate you just because you're all like "DAMN HERES MY CHANGE LETS NOT FUCK UP" and thinking with the wrong head. :P

None.

Aug 31 2008, 10:57 pm Ultraviolet Post #48

Quote from name:
Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
Quote from name:

Practice with a friend. I used to have that problem too, but that was because I was shy in my early life.

Honestly, it's not really an issue with shyness. I think it's because as a kid I always took 'don't stare' very overboard and basically tried to avoid looking at anyone when I thought they were looking at me :P

Quote from name:
Quote from Echo

I will have to disagree. Confidence is why you can't look into some hot girls eyes during a conversation. If you have good self confidence you're fine. Also, they may intimidate you just because you're all like "DAMN HERES MY CHANGE LETS NOT FUCK UP" and thinking with the wrong head. :P

My confidence level is higher than pretty much anyone I know. I'm a narcissist. Just keeping looking at them feels strange to me. As if I'm staring (like I said up there).

Aug 31 2008, 11:00 pm Brontobyte Post #49

I usually have this problem too sometimes. Not with girls though, some times... When I'm talking to an elder, EX: parent/boss/etc... I get sort of nervous and I stop thinking about what they are saying and I'm like: "OMFG KEEP LOOKING AT THEM IN THERE EYES OR ELSE THEY WILL THINK YOU"RE WEIRD!" Works some of the time.

None.

Aug 31 2008, 11:15 pm MillenniumArmy Post #50

Looks do play a small part, but only a very small one. You could find this smoking hot chick with a great body and all, but if she turns out to be a bitch with an ugly personality, that could be a big nono.

Anyone seen the movie Shallow Hal?

None.

Aug 31 2008, 11:18 pm KrayZee Post #51

Quote from Doodan
Hot chicks only plz.

None.

Aug 31 2008, 11:19 pm Brontobyte Post #52

Quote from MillenniumArmy
Looks do play a small part, but only a very small one. You could find this smoking hot chick with a great body and all, but if she turns out to be a bitch with an ugly personality, that could be a big nono.

Anyone seen the movie Shallow Hal?

Yes, and that backs up the idea that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
(It was funny when she took off her thong and it was the size of a small parachute. :lol:)

I agree with you on the part of hotness versus personality being a complete failure, but all I was saying is that looks play quite a big part.

None.

Sep 1 2008, 3:17 pm KrayZee Post #53

It's like people never heard of intelligently beautiful. :lol:

None.

Sep 1 2008, 7:25 pm rockz Post #54

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from Echo
Not everyone is born ugly
ALL babies are born ugly. You've actually seen a newborn, right?

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Sep 1 2008, 7:29 pm Echo Post #55

That's your own opinion. Mothers aways see their babies as beautiful. And girls too.

None.

Sep 1 2008, 7:33 pm Brontobyte Post #56

Quote from Echo
That's your own opinion. Mothers aways see their babies as beautiful. And girls too.

See something funny there? :O

Estrogen makes people look cute! NO WAY! WTF! HAX! :O

None.

Sep 1 2008, 8:14 pm BiOAtK Post #57

Damn, I better get some Estrogen injections.

But seriously, I would say looks are about 1/4, personality 1/4, and other assorted things take up 1/8 each. I might date a totally hot slut with no personality for a while for teh sex, but the only king of person I could have a lasting relationship with are women with a good personality, they have empathy, and not unattractive. And basically like someone said above, beauty makes me get to know them and then I usually like their personality more than their beauty (if I stay friends with them) eventually.

None.

Sep 1 2008, 10:00 pm MadZombie Post #58

Quote from Falkoner
Looks are generally what will originally make me start to like a girl, although girls who did not appeal to me looks-wise often begin to grow on me if I get to know them better.
yuh!

@Nerdy: PEDO MOAR?

None.

Sep 1 2008, 10:25 pm RIVE Post #59

Just Here For The Pie

Sexual emotions are a strange mistress.

Personally, I like to get to know someone better before I start having feelings for them.
However, that was not the same for me when I a freshmen in high school. :lol:
Seriously though, it does not generally matter how they look, but I will say I try to avoid major turn offs.

None.

Sep 2 2008, 3:56 am Dapperdan Post #60

Anyone who says looks don't matter to them is lying to themself. Even if you don't mind going out with more ugly or fatter chicks, then looks still matter to you -- that or your saying that there isn't a single girl you wouldn't go out with just based on looks, in which case you're some kind of crazy. Everyone has some type of taste for what looks good to them...

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum