Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: Deathless: Ethereal Emancipation
Deathless: Ethereal Emancipation
Aug 29 2008, 11:21 pm
By: Falchion  

Aug 29 2008, 11:21 pm Falchion Post #1

Falchion Productions (who makes yet another attempt at a mod) presents...

Armageddon descended upon Earth. Leaving no soul behind in their path of destruction, the noble guardians of Heaven and the foul lackeys of Hell battled for a decade over the Final Trial, the fate of the human race, to either forever burn in the pits or return to the divine light. In the end, both God and the Devil fell and neither angel nor demon claimed victory. It were different entities called... the Spectres.

With this, peace settled over both mortal and ethereal plains again. But more entities emerged to make claim of the lands Armageddon had created or ruined. The Souls, away from their human symbiotic connections, the bodies, wished to return to the mortal plain and rebuild the human race once again. For this, they needed the Shifter, a portal capable of transfering the entity to the other plan without suffering the collateral damage the angels and demons seem to be immune of.

The Spectres, however, saw this as a threat to their domination and began hunting the Souls. If the Souls managed to transfer to the mortal plain, the ethereal entities would no longer need the influence of the Spectres, who kept claiming the lands filled with cosmic resources to feed the Fateway, the unstable equilibrium of the ethereal universe's existance.

Others, either for bad or for worse, had their plans for the Fateway. Wraiths is the name which they were called. Under the lash of their godlike and deified Avarchon, the Wraiths wanted nothing but the full and complete power of the ethereal universe... even if it meant it's destruction. Still clinging to their purpose of creation, the angels and demons, although now divided in clans and hordes, still fought for either creation or destruction of the mortal realm, believing Armageddon was still in progress.

And in the middle of all this upcoming conflict there were those who were picked from the remains of the mortal plain, chosen to lead their masters' armies to their destiny, be they Souls, Spectres, Angels, Demons or Wraiths. Through the use of their Fateway Cores, these chosen could influence either the other different entities to do their bidding. They were the Marked.

The battle draws near, the armies approach, weapons blazing and loaded, powers charged. Only the mad and the brave may endure such onslaught as only the most cowards enough to fall back may live over safely. The scars of conflict shall wound the immaterial realm once more, sucking it's wealth and health dry like parasites.

The Ethereal Emancipation, the war of the spirits, is at hand.

------------------------- x --------------------------

FEATURES:

- 5 races for choose. You can only choose 1 at the game's start, but as you build more Fateway Cores, more races can be accessed.
- Awesome weapons and special attacks for all races. 8 units for each race, besides builders and extractors, making 10, as well as defenses.
- Balanced gameplay, adding strengths and weaknesses: One faction will depend in strength in numbers, other cannot build defenses, other will be expensive in resources, other will be expensive in supplies and other will depend on powers, upgrades and micromanagement.
- Controlled number game, supplies being depended on the number of Gates you have, to avoid unfair early rushes.
- Ground-based combat, only two air unit types available: transport and combat (light).
- Varied combat system, based on armor type: Weapons are needed to hit Ethereal or Energic armor.

USER COMMENTS:

Deathless: Ethereal Emancipation is a total conversion for Starcraft, perhaps one who has ever made more radical changes than any other. Mixing elements used in Ex Machina, Starcraft: Field Command and Antithesis Rising, Deathless will make sure your point of view of the outer world, the ethereal world is changed... forever.

PROGRESS:

For now we're under heavy GRP development, but we've got some units and building already prepped up, mostly the Angel subfaction. Soon to begin working on the Spectres. There are several more challenges beyond developing the GRPs, like the NAOT (Near Armageddon Onslaught Trial), in which we'll make it the completest and coolest mod of all without passing the size limits of the Iscript.bin (65kb). So far I'd say we're at 12% progress.

SCREENS:

Screen 01: Some Spectre work done, like the Punisher and the Spectre Carryall. Behind them is the main star building, the Fateway Core (Pretty sloppy, gotta admit it). :D :D

Screen 02: Angel subfaction buildings. Made them hovering-like to make it far angelic... and futuristic. Skies is the limit. :bleh:

HELP WANTED:

Need at least one or two people, either capable of advanced GRP building technique (a.k.a Zerg buildings) or re-coloring them or both.

...................... END OF LINE ......................

None.

Aug 29 2008, 11:30 pm Polaris Post #2

I really like the buildings you have there, they look great! Best of luck to you on this mod.

If anything cool is ever going on Skype me up under the name "blarghle"

Aug 29 2008, 11:52 pm FlyingHat Post #3

You have opened up a new door to the creation of buildings. :scared:

None.

Aug 30 2008, 12:01 am Symmetry Post #4

Dungeon Master

Those buildings look fantastic! A little less mirroring would add a nice touch, but they're great.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Sep 1 2008, 3:01 am Corbo Post #5

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Wooooooot awesome buildings. I feel so pwnd right now :P

fuck you all

Sep 1 2008, 12:26 pm Fisty Post #6

Shiiiny buildings with 90% player color :D

None.

Sep 6 2008, 8:34 pm Sand Wraith Post #7

she/her

The Fateway Core is 100% win and 9000% epic.
IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!11two11

The Angel structures are insanely well done too; at this point, I can't see any flaws with them. The amount of light blue is kinda eye-bleeding though.

Oct 4 2008, 4:13 pm Devourer Post #8

Hello

woW epic buildings... the best is the top right one at the second screen [assimilator?] that one is really great Oo

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Options
  Back to forum