Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: I need some help with my map...
I need some help with my map...
Aug 28 2007, 7:14 pm
By: Marsmallos
Pages: 1 2 3 >

Aug 28 2007, 7:14 pm Marsmallos Post #1

This is an experimental map im working on (the fianal one will be smaller and more well designed).
Its supposed to be a simpler version of Footman for starcraft. Youll see that it really is in its infant stages, and the reason for that is that i cant make my triggers work correctly. Im trying to make it so that each time any player kills any other players units he will get money for them (as of now you only get money (2 minerals) from zerglings, and the opponents are a computer that only makes zerglings). Right now i do not get much. Myabe 4 minerals. then it stops. And when i have many units i get some kind of ingame error thats very irritating (Could not creat unit Zerg Zergling at 345.6778 someting).
So if anyone could take a look at my map i would be very happy (look at the triggers and try it ingame to see how it currently works). Its only the unit mechanics im working on ATM, heroes arent implemented yet. I would be very happy to know how i could fix the problems!
<a target="_blank" href="http://www.megaupload.com/se/?d=LEZ14RCJ">http://www.megaupload.com/se/?d=LEZ14RCJ</a>

The page might be a bit hard to navigate and it will take 45 seconds before download, but please take your time :)... i need help!

Thanks for any answers! :)

None.

Aug 28 2007, 8:08 pm Money Post #2

Looking at it right now...

None.

Aug 28 2007, 8:14 pm who Post #3

well it says "kills exactly", so the kill count keeps going up, and therefore the trigger won't work.

None.

Aug 28 2007, 9:01 pm Money Post #4

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7QQ2ZJUA">http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7QQ2ZJUA</a>

Ok I added the following:

2 minerals for 1 zergling kill from 1 to 400
3 minerals for 1 hydralisk kill from 1 to 400
4 minerals for 1 ultralisk kill from 1 to 400

I used: <a target="_blank" href="http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Bridge/9996/sctrigger.html">this.</a>

None.

Aug 28 2007, 9:06 pm Marsmallos Post #5

THANKS!!! :D :D :D

None.

Aug 28 2007, 11:41 pm Falkoner Post #6

If you want players to all get money for a kill, use the deaths, then subtract 1 and give the money.

If you want them to get separate money, use kill score, if there is no splash and you use hypertriggers it should work perfectly. Just make it so when they get exactly the kill score of a certain unit you give them the money and set their kill score back down to zero, then preserve trigger.

Here's the kill scores for those units:

Zergling - 50
Hydralisk - 350
Ultralisk - 1300

You can also do the basic system of having a trigger for each kill, but that has its limitations..

If you want to see more systems, you can find them all here:

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.maplantis.org/index.php?pg=wiki;id=45">Maplantis Wiki</a>

Hope I helped!

None.

Aug 29 2007, 12:23 am Money Post #7

In this map we have the possibility of killing all types at the same time. So the kill score won't work?

None.

Aug 29 2007, 12:42 am Falkoner Post #8

If it's at the same time then no, but he can still have a set amount that let's say every fifty points gives.

None.

Aug 29 2007, 12:43 am who Post #9

don't use death count because it's a multiplayer map, so it'd give minerals to all the players
yeah kill score wouldn't work either

edit: falkoner's way would work

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 29 2007, 12:44 am by someone09.

None.

Aug 29 2007, 12:50 am Money Post #10

How would it work?

None.

Aug 29 2007, 1:25 am who Post #11

well he'd get different minerals depending on how much his kill score his, then subtract

None.

Aug 29 2007, 2:04 am Falkoner Post #12

The only problem is that ultralisks would give almost four times as much as hydras, and hydras would give seven times as much as zerglings, so there would have to be a huge difference between them.

Basically, I'd stick with the simple method, use trigger duplicator if you need more, because if you are killing large amounts of enemies at the same time then 400 won't cut it.

None.

Aug 29 2007, 5:14 pm Marsmallos Post #13

Im sorry guys, but youll have to write in clear language... im afraid i dont understand a shit of the method Falkoner recommended! :-(
Youll have to write the triggers down something like:
This trigger executes for: all players
CONDITIONS:
Always.
ACTIONS.
Kill all Any unit for All players.

To make it clear:
each player gets money from any unit that belongs to an opposing force that they kill. The money gained shall be possible to balance afterwards without a lot of tedious job. If it is possible, the best thing would be that you could kill any kind of unit into infinity. There shall also be that you gain one Gas every 100, +200, +300 kills (or something like that, if it is possible it would be good if you could balance that easily too).

Oh and BTW i need some method of copying triggers from one player to another... Like copying all player 1 triggers to player 2.

any help is appreciated :)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 29 2007, 5:21 pm by Marsmallos.

None.

Aug 29 2007, 5:27 pm who Post #14

basically, each unit gives a certain kill score, which he posted above, and his method was giving a certain amount of minerals depending on their kill score, then setting the kill score back down, to prevent it from executing infinitely.

This trigger executes for: whoever you want
CONDITIONS:
Current player Kill Score is at least 50

ACTIONS:
Modify resources for current player: Add 1 Minerals (or gas, w/e).
Modify score for current player: Subtract 50 Kills.
Preserve trigger.

but you should just use the normal method, since certain units will give much much more than zerglings.

note that kills score isn't the number of kills, each unit gives a fixed amount

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 29 2007, 5:28 pm by someone09.

None.

Aug 29 2007, 5:31 pm Marsmallos Post #15

uum... "the normal method"?

and i was planning including a leader board with kills. hmm....

thanks for the fast feedback guys!
continue with it :D

None.

Aug 29 2007, 5:32 pm who Post #16

you can use a leader board with kills... it doesn't subtract the kills you have, just the score
so the leaderboard should still work

None.

Aug 29 2007, 5:44 pm Marsmallos Post #17

what is the "normal" method you mentioned?
and will the method you said work if i also want to add gas every 100 kills (or something liek that)?

None.

Aug 29 2007, 5:52 pm who Post #18

nah it wouldn't, unless you made several separate triggers that gave gas at exactly 100,200,300,400, etc kills which actually wouldn't take long
normal method gives kills depending on the number... forgot
i haven't mapped in a long time

None.

Aug 29 2007, 6:09 pm Marsmallos Post #19

Do you remember how to copy triggers from one player to another without tedious work (i.e. player 1 has 20 triggers that have to be copied to player 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6)?

None.

Aug 29 2007, 6:34 pm Money Post #20

Just copy > modify and change the variables. It would be faster than using a trigger duplicator.

None.

Options
Pages: 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum