Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: Updated TC Releases
Updated TC Releases
Aug 20 2008, 4:55 pm
By: IskatuMesk  

Aug 20 2008, 4:55 pm IskatuMesk Post #1

Lord of the Locker Room

These are updated variants of a handful of my total conversions. The only changes to these conversions is that now all are using the updated variant of DoA's limit expander. This updated variant corrects the issues some users were having where they could not run the mods even though they were on 1.10. An individual inquired on the BWAI forums about an updated ITAS and so I decided to release the major conversions I created with the updated expander in the event someone wants to play them the way they were meant to be played.

All of these starcraft conversions are for 1.10 and will not work on any other version. No, they will not be changed to work on a different version. HK will play on later versions but it will have major bugs introduced in the newer versions such as strange overlays being placed and potential instability. I only support 1.10 and that will not change.

No content within these mods may be used without my express written permission. That includes the secret loli.

I'm not going to go through the effort of summarizing the mods. Either you know what they are or you can try them out. I am not responsible for any offense taken, babies slaughtered, or countries annexed by the usage of these mods. None of these mods will be updated any further, so don't bother telling me about any bugs or balance problems. Chances are I already know them, as most of them were created pre-2005.

All of these conversions feature custom AI opponents for skirmish games with varying degrees of quality, AO and ZONS 3.3 being the strongest by far.

I hereby grant BWAI permission to redistribute all of these conversions. There is a far greater audience there than at any other website.

http://www.doack.campaigncreations.org/ITAS2.3.exe <-- ITAS
http://www.doack.campaigncreations.org/MFTGATRL3.1.exe <-- MFTGATRL
http://www.doack.campaigncreations.org/AO1.1b.exe <-- Armageddon Onslaught
http://www.doack.campaigncreations.org/HK1.2.exe <-- Heidomus Kaladonmus

Notice - Due to the dreaded D drive crash I do not have the source data for BoTC, UF, or other conversions, otherwise I would have also released those. I thought I had a UF file that I used for the previous UF expander release but I cannot re-locate it. If I find it, I'll post that as well.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Aug 20 2008, 5:03 pm Polaris Post #2

Yay, thanks Mesk! The older ones all worked fine for me though, but hopefully these can help some people out.

If anything cool is ever going on Skype me up under the name "blarghle"

Aug 20 2008, 5:04 pm FlyingHat Post #3

Yay! MFTGATRL! I've been looking for that for a long time.

None.

Aug 20 2008, 5:38 pm Pandut Post #4

I'm just a fish

Quote from IskatuMesk
Notice - Due to the dreaded D drive crash I do not have the source data for BoTC, UF, or other conversions, otherwise I would have also released those. I thought I had a UF file that I used for the previous UF expander release but I cannot re-locate it. If I find it, I'll post that as well.

I've got the .EXE file BoTC (Still works too). Would that work as a source data?

None.

Aug 20 2008, 6:20 pm IskatuMesk Post #5

Lord of the Locker Room

No, I need either the .pat or .mem files.

I have the old exe as well.

I recall HKS sending me an outdated UF .pat or .mem file but I can't find it.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 20 2008, 6:33 pm by IskatuMesk.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Aug 20 2008, 9:57 pm Fyrinite Post #6

It's possible to get the .mem file from an exe. It's extracted as a temp file when you run the exe. Finding it takes a bit of work...but it's not impossible to get.

None.

Aug 20 2008, 10:59 pm IskatuMesk Post #7

Lord of the Locker Room

Where is this temp file and how can I look for it?

Aug 20 2008, 11:14 pm Fyrinite Post #8

Whever windows likes to keep temp files. XP puts them in C:\Documents and Settings\(Account Name Here)\Local Settings\Temp

It will be called Emb###.tmp, where the ### is a 3 digit number assigned to the file. I would clear out all the files that are named like that and then run the mod you want to find the .mem file from. There'll be at least 3 temp files written out(stub dll for MPQDraft, .mem file, Memgraft qdp, and then any other qdp's you have). One of these files is the one you need, probably a hex editor would be best to check for which one.

None.

Aug 21 2008, 3:06 am IskatuMesk Post #9

Lord of the Locker Room

Okay, say I have a hex editor, what do I look for with the hex editor? (I Haven't the slightest clue how to hex edit anything let alone identify files with it).

Aug 21 2008, 9:39 am Fyrinite Post #10

Basically, a exe or dll has 0x4d 0x5a for the first two characters in the file(Shows up as MZ in an ASCII representation). That's not it. That should take care of every file that isn't the .mem file, now that I think about it.

None.

Sep 8 2008, 10:36 am IskatuMesk Post #11

Lord of the Locker Room

Crash identified in MFTGATRL

The "Giga Grenade" (Gamma Ray) on the Undead's Tank Carrier shouldn't be there. I forgot about this unit, recalling it as the very last thing I added but never finished. It shouldn't have the ability. If you try to cast it the game will soon crash. I plan to correct this and also rewrite the AI for MFTGATRL as well as ITAS in the future.

If there is anything else wrong with MFTGATRL you think I should be made aware of, say so now, or forever hold your peace.

Sep 10 2008, 7:14 pm IskatuMesk Post #12

Lord of the Locker Room

I have rewritten the Undead AI in ITAS to create an extremely aggressive and dangerous opponent. Because of their high level of aggression and stronger scripting techniques, this AI will be virtually unbeatable by humans in single combat. The small ships that rarely see use by humans will now be extremely fearsome as the AI fully supports the complete 15 levels of upgrades in the mod, turning the high attack speed strike craft and frigates into death traps late-game.

Sep 12 2008, 3:16 pm IskatuMesk Post #13

Lord of the Locker Room

ITAS has mysteriously become highly unstable. If I can fix this strange crash, I'll be in a position to revamp all of the Confederate graphics and introduce new Undead ones.

Sep 18 2008, 2:44 am GoD_oF_Rp Post #14

Nice mods, lots of huge units and kick-ass weapons!

Mostly the ITAS mod the ships are deadlyer than shit

None.

Options
  Back to forum