Hotkey microing
Aug 19 2008, 12:38 am
By: rockz  

Sep 6 2008, 6:41 pm Falkoner Post #21

??? I only played the game once with you, and you can't turn on hacks mid-game, they have to be preloaded.

Not to mention adding the same anti-hack to tug-o-war wouldn't help, as the one in Temple Siege is simply a map hack catcher, which is basically useless in Tug O War, if you wanted to make it a little better, they could give the minerals to P11 or any player other than 12, and then the automine wouldn't work.

None.

Sep 6 2008, 9:39 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #22

Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
As I said earlier, who are you to decide which games are serious? Hacking in Tug of War gives you a bigger advantage than in Storm the Fort. The bottom line is that no matter what it is, you are cheating. Cheating is bad. You fail as a religious nut.
Omg, having a tactical edge in a game isn't cheating. It's a game.

None.

Sep 6 2008, 11:49 pm Fisty Post #23

Quote from Jello-Jigglers
Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
As I said earlier, who are you to decide which games are serious? Hacking in Tug of War gives you a bigger advantage than in Storm the Fort. The bottom line is that no matter what it is, you are cheating. Cheating is bad. You fail as a religious nut.
3rd party programs that alter the game are though.

None.

Sep 7 2008, 12:39 am Falkoner Post #24

Technically they alter the game, since they inject data into memory, but all they really do is alow you to have more access to parts of the game than usual.

Of course, I admit, it is a bit cheap, but it makes the game a bit more fun for me.

None.

Sep 7 2008, 1:07 am Demented Shaman Post #25

Quote from Falkoner
Doesn't this go against some basic Christian rule?

It's a game.

Also, I don't hack in serious games, like storm the fort, games that are ruined if you hack, just joke ones like tug of war.
Ha, "it's a game." How do you know life isn't a game?

None.

Sep 7 2008, 1:31 am Falkoner Post #26

You can't cheat at life.

None.

Sep 7 2008, 1:37 am Symmetry Post #27

Dungeon Master

Quote from Falkoner
You can't cheat at life.

By definition, yes you can.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cheat?r=75

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Sep 7 2008, 1:11 pm Fisty Post #28

Quote from Falkoner

Technically they alter the game, since they inject data into memory, but all they really do is alow you to have more access to parts of the game than usual.
No matter how you put it, it's cheating.

None.

Sep 7 2008, 1:13 pm BeDazed Post #29

they should just make so all the servers require you to run through a launcher which doesnt let any of 3rd party strings to altar the game. if it doesnt match one bit, it should automatically cd-key ban the player which was using a 3rd party program. It should also come with an upgrade to the game which lets LAN latency integrally.

None.

Sep 7 2008, 7:45 pm rockz Post #30

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from BeDazed
they should just make so all the servers require you to run through a launcher which doesnt let any of 3rd party strings to altar the game. if it doesnt match one bit, it should automatically cd-key ban the player which was using a 3rd party program. It should also come with an upgrade to the game which lets LAN latency integrally.
And that wouldn't put outrageous strain on the servers, now would it?

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Sep 8 2008, 6:38 am BeDazed Post #31

its actually done on most of pvp servers in fact. Note that the entire process isnt done by the server. It is done by the program. All the server needs to do is check if the program is running with all the modules and nothing else.

None.

Sep 8 2008, 7:27 pm ClansAreForGays Post #32

When the server asks your machine if theres hacks running, the hack will just tell it no.

Sep 9 2008, 12:08 am Falkoner Post #33

Yeah, that's what I've got going in order to get my Stealthbot to work properly, it's not that difficult to get past it, and if you want the server to check it all, the hack can just send it the correct program.

None.

Sep 9 2008, 4:21 pm BeDazed Post #34

I like this idea because 'this way' you can do a silent update. Having to have a trojan downloader to log onto a battle.net server is fun. In fact, theres a possibility you would be banned after the day it was updated like that to counter algorithm the way hack tells it no? What Iam talking about isn't a warden. It's not anonymous.

It doesn't change the fact that you're a cheating noob on any kind of games serious or not.

None.

Sep 10 2008, 5:46 am Falkoner Post #35

It doesn't change the fact that you're a cheating noob on any kind of games serious or not.

I often play without hacks on, and I still win.

I like this idea because 'this way' you can do a silent update. Having to have a trojan downloader to log onto a battle.net server is fun. In fact, theres a possibility you would be banned after the day it was updated like that to counter algorithm the way hack tells it no? What Iam talking about isn't a warden. It's not anonymous.

Banning people hurts Blizzard more than simply leaving them on does, so why would they do it?

None.

Sep 10 2008, 6:35 am BeDazed Post #36

I often play without hacks on, and I still win.
Thats simply because you faced people noobier than you currently are.

Banning people hurts Blizzard more than simply leaving them on does, so why would they do it?
Why would it hurt Blizzard when they already paid for what they deserve? It might simply cause them to buy another CD.

None.

Sep 11 2008, 7:45 pm Hercanic Post #37

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

Dear Falkoner:
Cheating is dishonest. What do your religious values say about honesty?

Oct 22 2008, 7:01 am -BW-Map_God Post #38

Cheating is wrong no matter what, there is absolutely no justification for using any sort of hack on battle.net or anywhere. If you cheat you are basically saying, "I suck and need X program to make me suck less and win more instead of losing a lot." All games have rules, when you break the rules (I.E. Hacking, 3rd party programs, etc.) you ruin the fun for others and in most cases for those with consciences you ruin the fun for yourself as well as you know your victory is soiled. It is very unfortunate that battle.net doesn't remove hackers, and attack hacks like they once did for Starcraft-Broodwar, however there are plenty of alternative ways to avoid hackers (Ladders with programs that prevent hacking such as on WGTour and ICCUP). I personally don't think about it too much when I am playing if the person is hacking or not, but I always watch the replay afterwards and run it through BW chart, etc. To see how legit looking it appears.

Quote from Jello-Jigglers

Um....yea right. It clearly violates the agreement that you read when you install the game. Any 3rd party program or game changing to your advantage giving a tactical edge is definitely cheating. Putting you into the scum of battle.net category. Don't worry its a big group...I remember playing in a SEN Melee tournament (before the site crash) in which the person I played hacked (he still lost though...well technically we were tied 1-1 before everyone crashed).

Quote from BeDazed
Usually, hackers are people who can't compensate other's speeds without using it. And they are slow even with hacks. Sadly.

Agreed. Though some of them get "decently fast" with hacking and start to think they have skill...something they clearly don't have.

I don't remember who said it, but it is definitely better for Blizzard to punish hackers with CD Key bans, they ruin the fun of battle.net games for others and also destroy the integrity of the game.

I am glad this site does not support hacks, but it is said to hear of so many here who use hacks, especially those that think its "ok".

None.

Options
  Back to forum