Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Battle Reactions
Battle Reactions
Jul 20 2008, 6:06 pm
By: Symmetry  

Jul 20 2008, 6:06 pm Symmetry Post #1

Dungeon Master

This is a bit of a weird one: I want a unit to not run away when attacked by a unit it cannot fight back against, but still attack enemies it CAN hit while being attacked by that unit.

Solution? :(

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jul 20 2008, 6:12 pm BiOAtK Post #2

Is it able to move normally?

None.

Jul 20 2008, 6:38 pm Symmetry Post #3

Dungeon Master

Yes. For all intents and purposes, consider the unit a zergling. When an air unit attacks it, it runs. I don't want it to run.

Jul 20 2008, 6:48 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

hero units would work if the attackers are ground units only (like traps).
but heroes try to escape from air units which they cannot attack, or?

Jul 20 2008, 6:56 pm Fisty Post #5

The only thing I can think of is flagging the weapon you use for ground attacks to attack air while leaving out an air attack in iscript. This would make it stare retardedly at the air unit.

None.

Jul 20 2008, 8:08 pm Symmetry Post #6

Dungeon Master

Quote from name:Deathman101
The only thing I can think of is flagging the weapon you use for ground attacks to attack air while leaving out an air attack in iscript. This would make it stare retardedly at the air unit.

A good solution, but it doesn't quite cover the scope of what I'm trying to do. Try assuming now that the air unit is invincible :P

Jul 20 2008, 8:09 pm Corbo Post #7

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

No, because then it will attempt to attack with a non-existing iscript header and it will most likely crash.
You can still do wait 125 and then send them to repeat air attack that does nothing but just wait but the problem is that it will still probably attempt to attack the air unit and won't attack grounds.

Did you try playing with the Infested terran actions? If I recall correctly they go suicide on stuff even when they're being attacked. Maybe when they get attacked by air they run and then come back if attacked by ground?

fuck you all

Jul 20 2008, 8:10 pm Symmetry Post #8

Dungeon Master

Quote from Corbo
No, because then it will attempt to attack with a non-existing iscript header and it will most likely crash.
You can still do wait 125 and then send them to repeat air attack that does nothing but just wait but the problem is that it will still probably attempt to attack the air unit and won't attack grounds.

Refer to the previous post; it was made while you were posting.

Jul 20 2008, 8:20 pm Fisty Post #9

Quote from Corbo
Take it from the forgetful noob, they just stare it like a retard.

None.

Options
  Back to forum