Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: The Un-Funny TRUTH about Scientology
The Un-Funny TRUTH about Scientology
Jul 5 2008, 1:28 am
By: Phobos  

Jul 9 2008, 4:05 pm Hercanic Post #21

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

Quote from Hug A Zergling
I dunno, I herd it helps people, like, find there selves. And as long as there happy, isn't that good enough?
Sure, that'll just be $20,000 and the deed to your home. Oh, and if you ever decide to leave us... well, let's just say it's not a wise choice. If you ever criticise us, we'll lambast you with lawyers, stalk and harass you, and do everything in our power to ruin you and your credibility.

Scientology is true. Why? Because L. Ron Hubbard said so, and he's never lied.

Jul 28 2008, 1:51 pm Hug A Zergling Post #22

:P So your saying there isn't a collection basket being passed around in your church? Who knows where that moneys going too?

None.

Jul 28 2008, 4:16 pm SiN Post #23

:P So your saying there isn't a collection basket being passed around in your church? Who knows where that moneys going too?

yeah but the basket doesn't say 'donate half your salary or we'll make you donate.'

None.

Jul 28 2008, 4:31 pm A_of-s_t Post #24

aka idmontie

Quote from SiN

yeah but the basket doesn't say 'donate half your salary or we'll make you donate.'
OR DOES IT?

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Jul 28 2008, 4:36 pm Hug A Zergling Post #25

Alrighty, doing some reading, it seems (It isn't for sure) That he did take money from the church. But still, it helps people. And the moneys not going to him anymore.

None.

Jul 28 2008, 5:01 pm MillenniumArmy Post #26

The problem with Scientology is that its people don't follow to their doctrine. If you go to the Scientology website, and you watch their video (or read their page) over what Scientology is, you will see that many of today's "Scientologists" don't walk that road (maybe they do, but with huge twists and other stuff to the point where one can safely say that they've derailed.) Like with any religion, people make generalizations over what religions are based on the actions/morals of the most prominent figures of said religion. This is not to say that I support Scientology, but I have no criticism towards it or its people so long as they don't come knocking on my door and threatening me to "donate" or w/e

None.

Jul 28 2008, 5:06 pm Hug A Zergling Post #27

Quote from MillenniumArmy
The problem with Scientology is that its people don't follow to their doctrine. If you go to the Scientology website, and you watch their video (or read their page) over what Scientology is, you will see that many of today's "Scientologists" don't walk that road (maybe they do, but with huge twists and other stuff to the point where one can safely say that they've derailed.) Like with any religion, people make generalizations over what religions are based on the actions/morals of the most prominent figures of said religion. This is not to say that I support Scientology, but I have no criticism towards it or its people so long as they don't come knocking on my door and threatening me to "donate" or w/e
Exactly! What Im saying is, if it helps people, isn't that good enough? I don't see anything wrong with it in that sense. Im not a Scientologist, but don't see anything truely wrong with modern Scientology.

None.

Jul 28 2008, 7:24 pm SiN Post #28

Quote from MillenniumArmy
Exactly! What Im saying is, if it helps people, isn't that good enough? I don't see anything wrong with it in that sense. Im not a Scientologist, but don't see anything truely wrong with modern Scientology.

There's nothing wrong with believing the religion itself. It is the church that runs it that is corrupted, and hence you shouldn't go to a church that is corrupted.
But there are multiple facts that point out how scientology is incorrect, but it is whatever you have faith in and that must be respected.

None.

Jul 29 2008, 3:56 am The Great Yam Post #29

Scientology, unlike other religions, is actually extremely dangerous: denying people medical service, denying important medications and advertising to unstable schizophrenics to cease taking medication, violent and oppressive behavior, a variety of internal church doctrine permitting the:

1. Harm of anyone acting or speaking against scientology.
2. Harm of disillusioned former Scientologists from speaking up about the true nature of the "religion".

You have to draw the line somewhere. This is a cult, not a religion. They deserve no tax breaks, no special consideration under "religious organization" or "non-profit organization". The key problem is not that not all Scientologists are the hard-liners, it's that the religion itself is built around this kind of philosophies. And to ignore this problem, when they have taken over Cult Abuse hotlines and clinics, oppressed free-speech and the right to life and medical care (there were people who they simply refused to talk to hospitals because of a lack of Scientologist staff.), and are based around the tax-evasion scheme of pseudo-self-help guru turned religious leader L. Ron Hubbard and his books which only found popularity because of Scientology demanding it's members to buy them (Scientologists would often walk into bookstores and buy 20 books at once.), is not "being considerate of someone's religion". It is not "respect". It is turning a blind eye to horrible crimes that this Church is based around.

We must hold all religions to the same standard, and though Scientology is not the first "religion" to do these things, it is a particularly sinister organization, and founded on particularly flimsy and shallow motives.

None.

Jul 31 2008, 10:50 am ._. Post #30

I am pretty sure it is FUNNY... Who declares it Un-Funny?

None.

Jul 31 2008, 3:51 pm BeeR_KeG Post #31

There is nothing wrong with the belief system of Sscientology, I actually find it to be reasonably within rational logic.

Now the Church of Scientology and it's members are definitely out of what we could consider a religion. They have been known to attack their critics and even church members. They think that they are "better" or "more perfect" than everyone else. They also provide very little information about the church. The Church of Scientology's main answer to Anonymous is stating that Anonymous is just a bunch of misinformed kids. The "Anonymous vs Scientology" war initially started because Scientology was censoring a lot of information about itself. The last mayor deal is that the church doesn't have to pay taxes because it's a "Non-Profit organization". We can see how the Catholic Church is profit-free, people only donate a few dollars every week or so, but in Scientology people have to donate tens of thousands of dollars, sometimes hundreds of thousands, how the hell can this be a Non-Profit organization with so much income yet we don't really see them spending much or doing a lot of community work.

Personally, I think Scientology is a scheme by the people in high positions to make some money.

None.

Aug 2 2008, 12:07 am Zell. Post #32

O I've read about scientology. The beliefs about character and morals themselves are quite fine, they have a little triangle of good things to do to improve yourself and such and are okay. The problem is the higher scientologist are only in to suck in morons. How dumb do you have to be to believe a science fiction novel? BTW I'd like to see what scientology has done to help people. The mass incident when scientology stole/disposed of government files. How about there disconnection policy? That is the biggest one, they tell you to leave your family, friends, anyone who knows you. Destroy all contact with them and just listen to scientologists. They really prey on the weak minded, I mean you would have to be a little off to join the cult. They do like a confession sort of thing, where you tell them your wrong doings, make you admit to things you didn't do, tell you how to improve yourself and then make you pay for it. If you ever try to leave or expose them they black mail you completely, harass you, in some incidents kill you. They do things like tell you to take all sorts of medicine, and quit taking medicine you need. The Stologist have like a ranking system, where you take a course and a big class which you have to pay for where you study scientology. They really just want your money. Heres a question, why would the religoun be so secretive about what they do? To take your money. o And about this, lets say the collection been coming around in a christian church, sometimes the money may go to relief programs. Sometimes its used to put cable in your sons tree house. Sometimes churches do wrong things with money but you can't compare them to scientology. Churches don't take all your money and ruin your life but scientology does.

None.

Options
  Back to forum