Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED]Placing Map Revealers on entire map without manually pla
[SOLVED]Placing Map Revealers on entire map without manually pla
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 9 2007, 11:50 pm
By: ThrashRage  

Sep 9 2007, 11:50 pm ThrashRage Post #1

Hey guys. got another question for you.

Some maps have map revealers placed perfectly so you can see everything in the map.
i thought there was an editor that would do this. but i dont know howt o do it. could comeone so kindly help me ^_^

None.

Sep 9 2007, 11:54 pm JamaL Post #2

Get SCMDraft II. This is downloadable from "www.stormcoast-fortress.net".

Open up your map. Go to Scenario -> Place Map Revealers -> Player # or All Players.

The only problem is that in some maps it reveals the whole map but the very left side, this is easily fixable by just manually placing some map revealers on the left side.

In some maps, you get to the 1650 unit max, and this can be caused early by all those revealers for all of the players. Simply place them for one computer player, and enable vision to him for all the players you want to see the whole map using the AI Script "Turn On Shared Vision for Player # (Computer)" under the players you want to be able to see the whole map. It will take a few seconds for it to be enable, but it will work.

If that is hard to understand..

Say you're making a Defense. Player 7 is the computer that spawns units.

Make SCMDraft II place map revealers for Player 7.

------------------------------------

--- Players

- The Players that you want to see the whole map.

--- Conditions

- Always

--- Actions

- Run AI Script: Turn On Shared Vision for Player 7.

------------------------------------

There you go. Remember, that trigger is only if there are a lot of units in your map, and you want to reduce the amount of units.

None.

Sep 10 2007, 1:16 am ThrashRage Post #3

Thank you it totally worked!

None.

Options
  Back to forum