Grids?
Jul 3 2008, 3:39 pm
By: Pyro682  
Polls
Well, I was just curious as to what level of grids you go to, Like first you have a grid, then you have a grid based OFF of that
Well, I was just curious as to what level of grids you go to, Like first you have a grid, then you have a grid based OFF of that
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Whats a grid? 1

4%
None.
Usually dont use grids. 7

29%
None.
1 grid. Period. 5

20%
None.
I use a double grid every once in a while. 1

4%
None.
I used a triple grid once. 1

4%
None.
I love grids, and I used Quadragrids here and there. 3

12%
None.
WtfHAXXOR PENTAGRID USER HERE!!!! 4

16%
None.
Pyro682 is t3h b0mbz0r. 3

12%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 25 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Jul 7 2008, 9:17 pm Pyro682 Post #21

Nice, I FOUND mah solution! Thanks guys! Btw, who voted for "pyro682 is teh bombzor"?? I didnt...

None.

Jul 8 2008, 2:41 pm Ahli Post #22

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

I still con't get what you would call a pentagrid...

Using other units than a scourge+observer grid just create bigger steps. So I would still count it to 1 grid, if you use that to reduce the needed trigger amount.
so how can you create multiple grids for one part of the map? what is the sense to do that?
I cannot think of a reason, atm.

Jul 8 2008, 4:08 pm Pyro682 Post #23

Basically, You use a grid to find a location directly left of a hero or something.
Now, you have that location, something happens there.
So far, thats a single grid....
Now, you use a secondary grid at the NEW location to find another location based upon the secondary grid... Lets just say it goes up. Some effect happens there, blah blah blah.
Now, at the most recent location, (which is up and left of the original spot) You use ANOTHER grid (So far thats 3) to do something. The grid finds a location to the left of the current location.
(basically it keeps going. Penta = 5. Hexa = 6, Septa = 7, Octa = 8, nona= 9, deca = 10 dodeca (or dudeca) = 12.
quadra is four, tera is 3, and secondary or binary grid is double.

None.

Jul 8 2008, 4:21 pm Falkoner Post #24

It allows you to use less units to do that same thing, and actually creates less lag most of the time.

None.

Jul 8 2008, 4:43 pm JaFF Post #25

Pyro, you just made up those penta/octo/etc grid stuff; everyone else just says "I've used grids", which implies using anything from one grid to a [insert high number here] grid. The number of grids one uses in a row doesen't show his knowledge in this area. If one can craete one grid, he can create as many grids as he likes.

I've used a penta-grid in one released map of mine, and a god-knows-how-much grid in an experimental unreleased map.

And I am the one who voted the most useless option to stress how useless this thread is.

None.

Jul 8 2008, 5:26 pm Ahli Post #26

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

ok. the usage you said is acceptable.

Jul 8 2008, 7:38 pm Pyro682 Post #27

You DO know, that i didn't make those up...
They are english prefixes.. Seeing as people mostly understood as to what they are (Showing the voting). 6th-level-grids is harder to type than hexagrid. Besides, which one sounds totally cooler?
English is a formula. Suffixes and Prefixes just happened to be part of that formula.

None.

Jul 8 2008, 8:36 pm midget_man_66 Post #28

Lol.. wtf. im so confused. i havent ever used grids b-fore. can someone give a definitive and detailed explination of grids.
how to do them
why to use them
please and thanks

None.

Jul 8 2008, 9:05 pm JaFF Post #29

Quote from Pyro682
They are english prefixes.. Seeing as people mostly understood as to what they are (Showing the voting). 6th-level-grids is harder to type than hexagrid. Besides, which one sounds totally cooler?
English is a formula. Suffixes and Prefixes just happened to be part of that formula.
I know the prefixes. I said that you made up the very concept of n-grids which is totally unnecessary. Just like we don't divide hyper triggers into "quadro-hypers, penta-hypers, etc", nobody will divide grids like you suggest.

None.

Jul 8 2008, 9:35 pm Clokr_ Post #30

Quote from midget_man_66
Lol.. wtf. im so confused. i havent ever used grids b-fore. can someone give a definitive and detailed explination of grids.
how to do them
why to use them
please and thanks

http://www.staredit.net/wiki/Grid_Systems ever tried checking the wiki?

Quote from Pyro682

I agree with JaFF, there's nothing special in repeating a grid. And the prefixes sound quite ridiculous. Most of the people here actually used them so you could understand what they were talking about.

I think it's closage time.

?????

Jul 8 2008, 9:56 pm midget_man_66 Post #31

Quote from Clokr_
http://www.staredit.net/wiki/Grid_Systems ever tried checking the wiki?

Nope, but thanks.

None.

Jul 9 2008, 3:48 am Pyro682 Post #32

SEN also has loads of tutorials, one of which is on grids. But any questions you have, check the wiki and tutorial Database before you post. (Its T3h Rul3zors)

Holy crap, I called it a name i liked... Way to rain on my parade. :crazy:
Sue me for calling N-Grids a name i liked.

I think its personal reflection time...

Btw, It allowed several people to have their question answered. My Question was answered. I got my poll data. I'm happy.
Is there something seriously wrong here?

None.

Jul 13 2008, 2:08 pm Brontobyte Post #33

Quote from Pyro682
Is there something seriously wrong here?

My wiki article is way better then your tutorial. :P

http://www.staredit.net/wiki/Grid_SystemsBrontobyte's wiki[/ur]

Pyro682's tutorial

My wiki is more bases off of the different systems, while Pyro682's tutorial is more specific to a mobile grid. :D

None.

Aug 7 2008, 5:08 am Pyro682 Post #34

Well Excuse me, but I made a Mobile Grid Tutorial, Not an "All grids" Tutorial.
I could have if i wanted to, but that was not my goal.
:lol: :bleh:

None.

Options
  Back to forum