Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Editing main menu
Editing main menu
Jul 1 2008, 1:31 pm
By: nikao  

Jul 1 2008, 1:31 pm nikao Post #1

I found the .bin file to edit all the menus, but what are the specifications for changing the background image? I tried to add an image and stretch it across, but it was all black. Then when I shrunk it to just a little box, the colors were messed up. Is there a limit to how many colors an image in the menu can have? And does anyone know what the file is called for the original main menu background?

None.

Jul 1 2008, 2:11 pm Corbo Post #2

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

images must be on 256 color bitmap mod for anything in sc.
As to the background, it's a .pcx files found under title.

fuck you all

Jul 1 2008, 3:23 pm Polaris Post #3

Quote from Corbo

Actually, it isn't title.pcx, its: glue\palmm\background.pcx

If anything cool is ever going on Skype me up under the name "blarghle"

Jul 1 2008, 4:11 pm nikao Post #4

Alright found it. Thanks.

When I move the single player box while editing the menu, the button no longer works. Is there any reason why? I've been messing with the mouse over and the box size, and everything works as long as the button stays in the upper left corner. But if I move it to a different corner, it stops working. Is there some other file that needs to be edited?

None.

Jul 1 2008, 7:40 pm bajadulce Post #5

menu .bin editing is pretty straight forward, but there are some pitfalls. The values are really important and can cause havok if they aren't representative of the "boxes" and can crash SC. I found a calculator as well as a pencil/paper is really handy. Of course BinEdit II now features an option that ShadowFlare's tool didn't. That option is autocalculate width-height. USE IT!

I'd suggest starting over with a fresh file and change things one modification at a time testing the results until you become more familiar with the format.

Also remember that boxes are an absolute value of sorts.. meaning they include the starting location similar to GRPConverter and how it counts frames. So add "one" to the difference.
For instance:
left = 0
right = 4
total = 5 not 4.

None.

Jul 1 2008, 8:16 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #6

👻 👾 👽 💪

Mouse response area is relative to the current object you are editing, not the whole dialog. If you want to make the whole thing mouse-responsive, put 0,0 for top and left then the object's width/height for right/bottom.

If you start your bin from scratch, make sure you have the proper control IDs for buttons. Also I found you can make multiple objects with the same control ID and they all work :D (Such as in Etu Nimtsal the "Exit" button and the "X" button do the same thing.)

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 1 2008, 10:36 pm Corbo Post #7

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from Polaris
Quote from Corbo

Actually, it isn't title.pcx, its: glue\palmm\background.pcx

.... I don't remember me posting at 8 AM o.O

fuck you all

Options
  Back to forum