Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Should Marijuana be legal?
Should Marijuana be legal?
Jun 30 2008, 2:06 am
By: T-MaStAA
Pages: < 1 2 3 48 >

Jun 30 2008, 9:08 pm Falkoner Post #21

If someone wants to fuck themselves up, FINE, LET THEM. >:-0

And that's where we disagree, some people choose to just let people go wherever they want, others choose to attempt to help them, now if they are so set on hurting themselves that they will go against a law, fine, but there should be at least some restriction.

None.

Jun 30 2008, 9:17 pm MadZombie Post #22

Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
Quote from Excalibur
If someone is stupid enough or weak enough to want/need weed, they belong alongside the worst of the worst. Respect yourself enough to do such stupid things, show you have a basic working amount of intelligence. Weed users will fire back WELL THIS SUBSTANCE IS MUCH WORSE or YOU HAVE NO PROOF THAT WE ARE STUPID JUST BECAUSE WE SMOKE WEED. And what you people need to realize is people are given an opinion of you by your actions. If you talk respectfully and intelligently people will probably say 'Hey this person is smart and cool' and such, and it is my reaction when someone tells me they smoke weed, that i think "This person is a weak or stupid waste of life who needs to find something better than drugs to occupy their time and i wish they respected themselves more." Now thats how i think, and from discussions i've had with friends of mine im definitely not alone in my views. I wish weed was lethal for twentyfour hours, and do the world a favor.

Funny, I have the same opinion about you that you seem to have about people who smoke pot.

Quote from Falkoner
Should Marijuana be legal?
No.

As much as you guys who are on it think it's all great, it has torn apart more families than it has helped, you may argue otherwise, but you're using it, so obviously you think it's a good thing. I know a friend of mine who can no longer live with mom because she got into an accident while under the influence of marijuana while him and his brother were in the car. Anything that tears apart families like that should not be legalized.

This isn't to say I find things like gay marriage or smoking cigarettes correct, in fact, I would say cigarettes are worse than marijuana, as all they do it hurt you.

How does gay marriage have ANYTHING to do with whether or not marijuana should be legal? Get off the gay population's dicks.

Now, to actually contribute. I'm basically with the boat that says it should be legal, although I don't condone using it. I actually think ALL drugs should be legal, with similar restrictions to alcohol. If someone wants to fuck themselves up, FINE, LET THEM. >:-0
What? excluding weed mostly everything else hurts u physically and it could never be legalized and defintly shouldnt. though im all for weed and MUSHROOMS.

None.

Jun 30 2008, 9:54 pm Hug A Zergling Post #23

why is everyones posts so loooonnnggg? Ive herd it doesn't really have that much of an effect on ppl, so i say go for it.

None.

Jun 30 2008, 9:58 pm KrayZee Post #24

It's illegal only to help drug users themselves live a better life. Secondly, it is illegal for anyone that is willing to sell home grown marijuana especially since the license of selling it does not exist. And besides, I was once told that if you were to smoke a recently uprooted full grown marijuana plant without having teared up into tiny pieces, it is completely deadly right at an instant and it may bring an individual become a disabled or known as a mentally retard.

And this is not my opinion at all.

None.

Jun 30 2008, 10:01 pm Hug A Zergling Post #25

Oh. Then leave it unlegal! Im not going to smoke it either way!

None.

Jun 30 2008, 10:40 pm T-MaStAA Post #26

For all you people who say its illegal because impairs your judgment, WHY IS ALCOHOL LEGAL THEN!?! I've done way more fucked up things drunk like getting into fights, burning shit, hooking up with only slightly attractive chicks :><: , the list of wrong doing under the influence of alcohol is incredible. When I'm high, I'm just completely relaxed and in a state of zen. I'd say the effects of alcohol are MUCH worse than marijuana...

None.

Jun 30 2008, 10:49 pm Hug A Zergling Post #27

I dunno, i dont drink either ^^

None.

Jun 30 2008, 11:06 pm Atlos Post #28

I'd say legalize it. I'm pro-choice anyhow but that's besides the point. Marijuana is not very harmful to our bodies and can be used appropriately, it all depends on the individual using it. The government could establish a minimum use age similar to the one for alcohol and then tax the stuff. The government would be making a profit and not be wasting our tax money on futile things! Let the user decide if they want to put potentially harmful chemicals into their body. If anything, ban cigarettes and alcohol, stuff proven to be way worse than marijuana.

Besides the government makes money off of busting people for it.
I'm guessing the government loses money because they have to pay for the individual to go to prison (food, electricity, etc).

None.

Jun 30 2008, 11:55 pm Impeached Post #29

Which country are you talking about? The forward is about USA: Illegalizing marijuana and other drugs, while in good reason, is also a HUGE money waste. America is spending so much money on the war on drugs, and is now funding Mexico in a war on drugs that is hurting civilians. I think it maybe should be legal, but I also think it's kind of stupid to use marijuana (no offense to people who do use it, not calling you stupid, but perhaps your habit (we all have stupid habits =p)).

None.

Jul 1 2008, 12:18 am Fisty Post #30

Quote from Falkoner
As much as you guys who are on it think it's all great, it has torn apart more families than it has helped, you may argue otherwise, but you're using it, so obviously you think it's a good thing. I know a friend of mine who can no longer live with mom because she got into an accident while under the influence of marijuana while him and his brother were in the car. Anything that tears apart families like that should not be legalized.
I've seen one of these families first hand, it's horrible. Even if it was legalized the children, although they may not take it themselves, will hate their parents because of either them getting them into the substance, or for being so stupid as to take it.

None.

Jul 1 2008, 12:29 am Zell. Post #31

I think it should stay illegal because people in america have enough weed to smoke them self stupid, even now when its illegal so making it legal would make it easier for people to smoke till they're dumb. its so sad its like seeing a retarded fat kid. Then again never been to canada don't know how it is but i can say canda isnt anything like the U.S.

None.

Jul 1 2008, 12:38 am candle12345 Post #32

If you can't live your life without requiring chemical enjoyment (excluding things that happen normally in your body, adrenaline, hormones etc.) you're pretty fucking sad. And something I've noticed about most stoners, they're all dipshits spending their money on something which is probably less fun than an evening with friends at a LAN.

Face it, you guys say it's not addictive, so why don't you just quit, it IS a war the government can win, one day they'll find a way to destroy marijuana (look up myxomaximatosis.), but you aren't going to find a way to destroy the government.

There's also this new drug called: Natural High, it's when you think positive and enjoy a long night with pals chatting round a barbeque or even just watching TV together. It has no side effects except wanting a sleepin the next morning, and it's not illegal!

None.

Jul 1 2008, 12:46 am Zell. Post #33

you obviously dont know anything about weed.
they're all dipshits spending their money on something which is probably less fun than an evening with friends at a LAN.
my friend is a huge pot head with a job and straight A's.
You remind me of someone talking shit about alcoholics. They drink excessively to block feelings or emotions out like being raped in they're childhood and to make it worse you gatta be a dick about it. Nice. Just cause you seen a stoner do this and that doesn't mean shit.

None.

Jul 1 2008, 1:07 am T-MaStAA Post #34

I agree with Zell, you might as well consider all black people to be criminals while your at it...

None.

Jul 1 2008, 1:12 am Symmetry Post #35

Dungeon Master

The problem with most of you is you're generalizing. A lot. A lot lot lot lot.

Yes, some people who smoke pot turn into horrible monsters. But that's not always true. It's just like alcohol. There are people who have problems with drinking, and others who can drink casually and have no issue with it.

The difference between alcohol and marijuana is that marijuana tends to have a much close link to other illicit drugs. Pot users seem more likely to move on to harder drugs than people who drink. And you know what? Legalizing marijuana could actually help take away this link. In short, legalizing marijuana could possibly help reduce heavy drug users.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jul 1 2008, 1:18 am KrayZee Post #36

Quote from T-MaStAA
For all you people who say its illegal because impairs your judgment, WHY IS ALCOHOL LEGAL THEN!?! I've done way more fucked up things drunk like getting into fights, burning shit, hooking up with only slightly attractive chicks :><: , the list of wrong doing under the influence of alcohol is incredible. When I'm high, I'm just completely relaxed and in a state of zen. I'd say the effects of alcohol are MUCH worse than marijuana...
Alcohol is a different story. It's a beverage drink, not something that you'd like to smoke. Tobacco, marijuana, psilocybian mushrooms, and others are all planted.

However, it is illegal to drive while under the influence of alcohol.

None.

Jul 1 2008, 1:36 am Zell. Post #37

The fact the legalizing it can help is speculation, also we might as well quit the whole "well owning gun is worse!!!" this isnt about that. Because something is worse doesn't make something else okay.

Heres a couple points i see.
1. government makes money off of busting people for drugs...
2. drugs are seen as morally wrong and won't be legalized anyway...
3. pot is like anything else, to much is bad, getting high once really won't have an affect physically. Because pot feels so good it makes people use it a lot, hurting them, a lot. My friend said after he got baked he forgot an entire week of his life. Swoosh... gone. What will that do after prolonged use?

None.

Jul 1 2008, 1:45 am Symmetry Post #38

Dungeon Master

Quote from Zell.
Heres a couple points i see.
1. government makes money off of busting people for drugs...
2. drugs are seen as morally wrong and won't be legalized anyway...

1. Could the government not make money from selling marijuana legally?
2. The question is if it should be legal, not if it will be.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jul 1 2008, 2:04 am stickynote Post #39

Marijuana should not be legal, but cigarettes should be even less so.

None.

Jul 1 2008, 2:14 am FooFighters Post #40

The only drug we need is Medicine or Medical Marijuana, no illegal drugs!

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 48 >
  Back to forum