Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: Diablo III
Diablo III
Jun 28 2008, 6:11 pm
By: mikelat
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >

Jul 10 2008, 4:16 am The Great Yam Post #61

I can't believe all you just jump ship the second you see a newer videogame.

Nothing in Diablo (Any number) appeals to me as much as Starcraft.

And no, Blizzard takes forever to finish videogames. Even if it looks polished and well-made and complete it'll probably be another year or two. I bet you were all riding on rumors that SC:Ghost was coming out "Next week" and Blizzard was "hiding alot of the game".

Tools.

None.

Jul 10 2008, 4:17 am Demented Shaman Post #62

Quote from The Great Yam

And no, Blizzard takes forever to finish videogames. Even if it looks polished and well-made and complete it'll probably be another year or two. I bet you were all riding on rumors that SC:Ghost was coming out "Next week" and Blizzard was "hiding alot of the game".

Tools.
What do you mean jump ship. Can you elaborate?

I for one have been a fan of Diablo 2 and so I don't think I'm jumping the Starcraft ship by being excited about D3 as well as SC2.

None.

Jul 10 2008, 2:42 pm InsolubleFluff Post #63

Quote from The Great Yam

Tools.
Rofl you need to get your ass off the internet for a couple hours, go for a walk, maybe make some new friends or something because there should be no such thing as loyalty to a video game. It's entertainment, if you find it fun, play it, if you don't, do not. However if you see another game that looks good as well, but you're already planning on buying another video game that looks good, how the hell is that like jumping ship. I'm sure the video game won't feel cheated or anything lol.

Seriously though, get out more xD

None.

Jul 10 2008, 9:18 pm The Great Yam Post #64

I'm saying you'll just put all your attention and excitement towards the shiniest new cat toy Blizzard dangles over your head.

Whatever.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 11 2008, 12:43 am by The Great Yam.

None.

Jul 14 2008, 8:01 am Corbo Post #65

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

I don't. I actually dont like how SC2 looks and I stated it even when they launched the page.
Let's just say that if they were both worth 40 dollars and I had 80 I'd buy Diablo 3 and spend the rest on candies and food that I'd eat while playing D3.

fuck you all

Jul 16 2008, 1:18 pm mikelat Post #66

Quote from The Great Yam

Tools.
I like to play "games" not "game". Starcraft has its moments but I play other stuff too. Diablo was a classic and you're really missing out for not trying it.

I don't buy every game Blizzard makes. I hate WoW, and I didn't get the Warcraft3exp when I realized how much I didn't like warcraft 3. So go play pong or whatever since you're so hardcore.

None.

Jul 16 2008, 2:20 pm Forsaken Archer Post #67

eh... i swear my loyalty to the game... hide the wiener. Must play every day.

Anyways... i hope they are going to highlight the strengths of diablo, mainly item collecting. If you ever played two worlds, they took item collecting to the next level. Stacking exact same items = higher leveled item = massive amounts of collecting. And item collecting is just so fun. Spells/skills as items = big lulz. Imagine having to find 20 spell cards in order to have that level 20 orb. That would lead to a lot more trading and interaction.
And then kill the weakness of it... magic find, the sorceress and cheats/bots.

None.

Jul 16 2008, 2:21 pm KrayZee Post #68

Quote from name:Yoshi
Quote from The Great Yam

Tools.
I like to play "games" not "game". Starcraft has its moments but I play other stuff too. Diablo was a classic and you're really missing out for not trying it.

I don't buy every game Blizzard makes. I hate WoW, and I didn't get the Warcraft3exp when I realized how much I didn't like warcraft 3. So go play pong or whatever since you're so hardcore.

I agree.

And besides, Wilhelm, Blizzard wants to create quality masterpieces. StarCraft Ghost, however, was not developed by Blizzard Entertainment, at all. Only the plot, characters, publishing, and setting are all by Blizzard Entertainment.

None.

Jul 16 2008, 3:12 pm mikelat Post #69

Quote from name:isolatedpurity
eh... i swear my loyalty to the game... hide the wiener. Must play every day.

Anyways... i hope they are going to highlight the strengths of diablo, mainly item collecting. If you ever played two worlds, they took item collecting to the next level. Stacking exact same items = higher leveled item = massive amounts of collecting. And item collecting is just so fun. Spells/skills as items = big lulz. Imagine having to find 20 spell cards in order to have that level 20 orb. That would lead to a lot more trading and interaction.
And then kill the weakness of it... magic find, the sorceress and cheats/bots.
Some people are already bitching about the art style. Personally I like it. The previous dark theme was a result of technical limitations.

Blizzard learnt quite a few things since D2, there's not a lot of bots/cheating going on in WoW. I hope that they refine the skill system so you don't have to plop in 20 points into 3 different skills to be effective as well.

None.

Jul 16 2008, 3:28 pm Forsaken Archer Post #70

I have no skill recommendations. You obviously don't want a 1 hit wonder...
Well maybe I do. Guild wars. Actual spell cool down / interrupts / skill synergies (not just passive benefits) / team synergies. Skills that only work under certain conditions. Skills that stack with other skills. Skills that depend on other skills. Not just a click fest. Maybe even a predefined amount of skills you can go into battle with (but omg, more than 8 plz).

None.

Jul 16 2008, 3:32 pm Centreri Post #71

Relatively ancient and inactive

I loved both Starcraft and Diablo. I played them both for a long time. I don't see anything wrong with switching between great games..

None.

Jul 16 2008, 5:11 pm InsolubleFluff Post #72

D3 does look better then StarCraft 2 and if anything I would rather play D3 then SC2. I played D2 for a long period of time before I moved to Canada, the only reason I played StarCraft was because my friends wanted me to. I am a Diablo 2 player before StarCraft player. And aside that. StarCraft 2 just looks less fun. Diablo 3 looks intense and could be a lot of fun. Playing both, buying both, but I play whichever comes out first.

None.

Jul 16 2008, 5:37 pm mikelat Post #73

Quote from name:Shocko
D3 does look better then StarCraft 2 and if anything I would rather play D3 then SC2. I played D2 for a long period of time before I moved to Canada, the only reason I played StarCraft was because my friends wanted me to. I am a Diablo 2 player before StarCraft player. And aside that. StarCraft 2 just looks less fun. Diablo 3 looks intense and could be a lot of fun. Playing both, buying both, but I play whichever comes out first.
Don't judge it until you've tried it. The problem is they're showing things that competitive people will like but nothing for the mapping communities.

None.

Jul 16 2008, 7:40 pm InsolubleFluff Post #74

Diablo 3 plain and simple looks better.

None.

Jul 16 2008, 9:12 pm Corbo Post #75

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Although I agree with the part that blizzard made the previous games dark and dirty because of technical limitations I partly agree with some part of the online pettition that is out there.
The textures sometimes look too flat and that is the exact same problem that is happening with SCII. Sometimes it loses that "thing" that previous diablo games had that were all dark and dirty as they say but note that this time they have to achieve it with the new technology and not by the lacking of it.

fuck you all

Aug 1 2008, 4:54 pm Rantent Post #76

I don't like the powerup that instantly heals you. It makes the game like so many other lame action adventure powerups.

And it kinda looks like Warcraft, which seems to be a common trend in games they produce now.

None.

Aug 2 2008, 6:50 pm Fierce Post #77

D3 will truly be a new experience, I love the new colors they've added because it gives a feel to the world. However, some of you are right, the darkness gave it a feel of evil everywhere possible. I still believe it brings a different play style to the game and as long as its capable of keeping me playing, I'm fine with whatever Blizzard throws.

None.

Aug 3 2008, 1:54 am Kaias Post #78

Its all been downhill starting with WC3

None.

Aug 3 2008, 9:31 am Forsaken Archer Post #79

Bad things tend to happen as a company gets more successful.

I want a Level 250 cap, 5 difficulty levels, and everything to go with that (items requiring level 240, uniques that only drop in uber hell mode, and so forth) all tastefully done.

None.

Aug 3 2008, 2:42 pm InsolubleFluff Post #80

To be honest I think that Diablo III looks good as is.
Spells have some pretty cool effects.
Environment is greatly interactive.
PvE looks like it could be fun and skillful for a Witch Doctor because you can fully combine your spells to have better effects etc...
PvP looks like it could also be fun and skill for a Barbarian because the spells are so much more dynamic now that it would actually require skill to fight, not just who has 14k dmg vs 15k dmg...

The effect of lighting wasn't bad, dungeon felt like a dungeon, outside felt like it was outside. Yes the outside was a little light, but it's outside, im sure as you go around the world, you will find that it will be darker or lighter depending on the suroundings or theme of the city, remember, we only saw a small portion of what could be a big game.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum