Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Trouble loading mods.
Trouble loading mods.
Jun 21 2008, 7:17 am
By: pneumatic  

Jun 21 2008, 7:17 am pneumatic Post #1

It's been a long, long time since I played any mods. I made sure no Starcraft programs were running, used Farty's SCDowngrader 3 to downgrade to 1.10, and tried opening up two of IskatuMesk's mods:

Armageddon Onslaught (AOPA01_AAsub5.exe)
In The Admiral's Service (ITAS2-2.exe)

I tried running them both from the StarCraft directory and from their own directory. No matter what the circumstance, both mods didn't run and returned this message:

MPQDraft has encountered a fatal error: the plugins could not be loaded. The game will now close.

Do I need to rename them Starcraft.exe when I play them? I know 1.10 is the correct version -- at least, according to IskatuMesk. I also tried 1.09 just in case. No difference. What's going on here?

None.

Jun 21 2008, 7:36 am Corbo Post #2

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

I believe both of the mods you're trying to use have been upgraded recently to use the limit expander plug in.
So you'll need to configure an extra plug in, the limit expander for 1.10.
I'll see if I can quickly find them around here.

EDIT: I did not find it. You'll have to wait until tomorrow so someone posts it and gladly submits it to the DB as well or you can google it. And if you find it add it to the DB, please.
In the mean time I recommend playing older versions of the mods:
Old alpha release of AO
Old ITAS version

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 21 2008, 7:54 am by Corbo.

fuck you all

Jun 21 2008, 7:53 am pneumatic Post #3

Alright, thanks much for the help. I'll look around for it.

None.

Jun 21 2008, 7:55 am Corbo Post #4

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

I edited my post.

I just posted to make sure that you looked at it and didn't leave with reading it. You don't have to answer to this.
BTW You posted in the wrong section. for assistance and problems you should use the modding asssitance forum.

fuck you all

Jun 21 2008, 8:19 am pneumatic Post #5

Cool, thanks for the links.

The reason I didn't post in the modding assistance forum is that it's labeled "For giving or receiving assistance in making mods". But next time I'll post there.

Btw, I looked back at the page I downloaded ITAS from:

http://forum.samods.org/index.php?topic=9926.0

And it says that the limit expander (DoA's 1.10 limit expander) comes WITH the ITAS2-2.exe. So maybe that's not the problem. However, I tried the older version you linked to and it works fine.

As for the older version of AO you posted, that's actually the one I downloaded. Is there a newer one?

None.

Jun 21 2008, 6:49 pm Fyrinite Post #6

Your computer is one of the ones that doesn't seem to want to load my limit expand plugin. It's been a while since someone has reported this, and since it is so rare and infrequent, I haven't been able to find the cause of the error and fix it.

If you'd like to, later this week I can make up some stuff and you can help me fix it. I only ask because some of the version checking code that I use in the plugins is the same code that I use in FG. I don't want that loader to randomly not work for someone, even though I'm fairly assured it doesn't have quite the same problem as the plugins.

None.

Jun 24 2008, 6:38 am pneumatic Post #7

btw DOA, I pmed you.

None.

Jun 24 2008, 7:00 am Fyrinite Post #8

I noticed. I've been at work or doing other stuff for the past couple of days. I'll poke you when I'm free to figure this out, hopefully on Wednesday or Thursday I'll have free time.

None.

Options
  Back to forum