Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Changing a unit's wireframe
Changing a unit's wireframe
Jun 20 2008, 5:37 am
By: Ultraviolet  

Jun 20 2008, 5:37 am Ultraviolet Post #1

How can you change a unit's wireframe and the little button that appears to cancel it while it is being built?

Edit: Okay, I fixed the wireframe. Still need to know how to fix the little button that you press to cancel it while it's being built.

Edit 2: Okay, I fixed that button too. Now I have an additional question though. I've been converting a civilian into the duplicate of an SCV, except for a higher price (it will be buildable on supply depots, instead of CCs, additional cost is the cost of convenience). Everything has gone smooth except for two things (now): First, even though I changed the civilian's rank to be private, it's not showing up. Second, whenever the civilian finishes constructing a building it says add-on complete, instead of job finished. Any idea on how to fix these?

Edit 3: Oh, I forgot one additional thing. The rally point on the supply depot also fails. I think I can probably figure that one out though. Haven't looked into it much.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jun 20 2008, 6:17 am by NerdyTerdy.

Jun 21 2008, 7:09 pm Fisty Post #2

Quote from name:NerdyTerdy
Edit 3: Oh, I forgot one additional thing. The rally point on the supply depot also fails. I think I can probably figure that one out though. Haven't looked into it much.
Rally Points are hardcoded. I don't think there is a solution to this.

None.

Jun 21 2008, 7:37 pm HailFire Post #3

How can you change a unit's wireframe and the little button that appears to cancel it while it is being built?

Even if you've already fixed these, could you please post the solutions for the benifet of future generations?

None.

Jun 21 2008, 8:05 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #4

👻 👾 👽 💪

unit\wirefram\wirefram.grp - Normal, large wireframe.
unit\wirefram\grpwire.grp - Unit wireframes when selected in a group.
unit\wirefram\tranwire.grp - Unit wireframes when shown in a transport.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jun 21 2008, 8:45 pm Ultraviolet Post #5

Does anyone know why the civilian says add-on complete instead of job finished? Is it something I missed, or is there something about a non-SCV building a building?

And, it seems like giving the civilian a rank of Private should be relatively simple. I changed it in DatEdit, but it hasn't changed. Did I miss something?

Jun 21 2008, 8:59 pm Fisty Post #6

And, it seems like giving the civilian a rank of Private should be relatively simple. I changed it in DatEdit, but it hasn't changed. Did I miss something?
Compiling the .dat file :bleh: ?

None.

Jun 21 2008, 10:12 pm Ultraviolet Post #7

Quote from name:Deathman101
Compiling the .dat file :bleh: ?

Give me a little credit. I did that, lol.

Jun 26 2008, 6:13 pm HailFire Post #8

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
unit\wirefram\wirefram.grp - Normal, large wireframe.
unit\wirefram\grpwire.grp - Unit wireframes when selected in a group.
unit\wirefram\tranwire.grp - Unit wireframes when shown in a transport.

Rephrase: How do you change the wireframes of units properly?

I decompiled the three files with RetroGRP, then, using Paint, copy/pasted frame 3 (goliath) over frame 39 (ultralisk) and frame 10 (firebat) over frame 50 (infested terran) in all three of them, recompiled, updated the MPQ and EXE files, and ran the mod.

The wireframes appeared EXACTLY as they did in the .grp frames (half-damaged), and didn't change as the units were damaged.

None.

Jun 26 2008, 6:33 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #9

👻 👾 👽 💪

Use PalPack. Use SFGrpConv and select the Icon-Wire palette (I realized later I shouldn't have combined them >.>), if you have no other way of reapplying a palette.

Remember, every unique color is a section of the wireframe that shows damage. It should have a readme briefly describing it.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Options
  Back to forum