Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: RE: Raccoon City 2
RE: Raccoon City 2
Jun 16 2008, 6:07 pm
By: Excalibur
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 68 >

Jul 1 2008, 7:58 pm MadZombie Post #61

i remember in i beat the original bersion along time ago but i never unlocked the factory. i didnt even know that you could unlock the factory back then but im wondering... are u gonna have other units like vultures and tanks and gols (or w/e came out of the factorys) in RE:RC2?

None.

Jul 1 2008, 8:04 pm Excalibur Post #62

The sword and the faith

Quote from MadZombie
i remember in i beat the original bersion along time ago but i never unlocked the factory. i didnt even know that you could unlock the factory back then but im wondering... are u gonna have other units like vultures and tanks and gols (or w/e came out of the factorys) in RE:RC2?
I studied a number of versions that were untainted by the touch of editors, (1.03, 1.05, 1.07, 1.08) and to me, it seems like one of the few things he didnt put in but did intend that i will respect and add would indeed be the factory. However due to the locker setup i deemed hero firebats off limits to players but i also see that the AWM was simply disabled due to an error with the sewer door which he was in the process of fixing. Ive spent a lot of time looking over the triggers, locations, and content in the early versions and my constant goal is to make a map that would still have Panzer's base idea and intentions while incorporating new things that he would not dislike.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Jul 1 2008, 8:22 pm Zell. Post #63

id remake the sewer and the factory, vehicles would prolly be uber help during later game, i dont know there stats just guessing. thad be a sweet strat to have some1 mass medics and only get vehicle upgrades then switch to getting a bunch of vehicles when available.

None.

Jul 1 2008, 11:46 pm Lingie Post #64

Quote from Excalibur
Quote from MadZombie
I studied a number of versions that were untainted by the touch of editors, (1.03, 1.05, 1.07, 1.08) and to me, it seems like one of the few things he didnt put in but did intend that i will respect and add would indeed be the factory. However due to the locker setup i deemed hero firebats off limits to players but i also see that the AWM was simply disabled due to an error with the sewer door which he was in the process of fixing. Ive spent a lot of time looking over the triggers, locations, and content in the early versions and my constant goal is to make a map that would still have Panzer's base idea and intentions while incorporating new things that he would not dislike.

Excalibur. All you needed to do was bring a SCV up to the sewer door. It worked in 1.08, I did it a thousand times, and saved the crew with them thar AWMs. Beasts.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Jul 2 2008, 4:13 am Zell. Post #65

im pretty sure i have 1.2 if you want you didnt list in versions you had so,

None.

Jul 2 2008, 5:52 am LoveLess Post #66

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Everyone knows about the problematic NPC blocking within the game. Do you plan to add any additional pathing for the computers to help with this problem (via locations and triggers)? Or leave it as a product of the game play?

And yeah, the sewer was something I had fixed and re-released to the public as a 1.13 I believe, really nice to have later in the game and still hard to get to even late in the game. I never really bothered with the factory myself, but I hear Goliaths are nice.

None.

Jul 2 2008, 10:04 am Oh_Man Post #67

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Looks good keep up the good work.

Here is another version that I have it has a working sewer, factory, comm centre and supply depots and as far as I am aware of is not rigged up.

I'll test if you wish my timezones are GMT +10. I too have beaten the game with all my mates during a LAN. It was intense!

Attachments:
Raccoon City ~Perfected~.scx
Hits: 13 Size: 169.34kb

Jul 2 2008, 3:42 pm Riney Post #68

Thigh high affectionado

Heres a panzer offical that has working sewer...

Attachments:
[6]Raccoon City [1.09].scx
Hits: 8 Size: 165.14kb

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jul 2 2008, 4:34 pm Lingie Post #69

Funny thing though DM. Thats an edit of version 1.01~1.02.

Jul 2 2008, 6:37 pm Paravin. Post #70

So when is testing? I really wanna test this!

None.

Jul 14 2008, 7:44 pm Excalibur Post #71

The sword and the faith

All right. Progress update.
Lately I've been playing more RE:RC than I've been making RE:RC2. As well as working on another project with DM and DL that I should probably be working on right now. Lulz. Anyway, this is a progress update, its about what DID get done:
I've worked a bit more on the sewer roaches, trying to use death counters to streamline it since the waits keep stacking and ruining everything. I added a few more civs (Around 25 in total now, but some cannot be saved until later in the game.) as well as putting herbs back into the map, something I wasnt going to do. The custom handgun parts have all been completed, I had to do some tweaking on them. Minor terrain and unit placement changes were made, as well as changing the armory around a little bit. I think it works better this way.

Hopefully I can get a little trigger help because right now I'm so bogged down it isn't even funny.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jul 14 2008, 8:03 pm Magicide Post #72

Sleeping wolves wake hungry.

Quote from Excalibur
When im done with the multitude of other triggers i have to do at the moment, im going to make anti-single player for all player slots.

What's the point of that? I only really play LAN, but only occasionally at that. I enjoy the challenge of playing alone, too. Would be a big downfall in my opinion.

Jul 14 2008, 8:04 pm Excalibur Post #73

The sword and the faith

Quote from name:Lurka
Quote from Excalibur
When im done with the multitude of other triggers i have to do at the moment, im going to make anti-single player for all player slots.

What's the point of that? I only really play LAN, but only occasionally at that. I enjoy the challenge of playing alone, too. Would be a big downfall in my opinion.
Panzer had anti-SP and so mine will have anti-SP. It also has anti map hack.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jul 14 2008, 8:27 pm Magicide Post #74

Sleeping wolves wake hungry.

As long as you are able to play sp on your own in multiplayer settings, i'm okay with that; it stops cheating and such. I believe that was the original intention, although I could be wrong.

Jul 14 2008, 8:53 pm Excalibur Post #75

The sword and the faith

As long as you are able to play sp on your own in multiplayer settings, i'm okay with that; it stops cheating and such. I believe that was the original intention, although I could be wrong.
Nope, no SP at all. Thats how it was, and thats how it shall be. If you REALLY wanted to go SP, you could always OSMAP and disable the antiSP trigger I guess.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jul 15 2008, 1:59 am Lingie Post #76

But OSMaP is the antichrist. BURN THE WITCHES.

Jul 16 2008, 8:22 am MasterJohnny Post #77

Quote from LoveLess
Everyone knows about the problematic NPC blocking within the game. Do you plan to add any additional pathing for the computers to help with this problem (via locations and triggers)? Or leave it as a product of the game play?

And yeah, the sewer was something I had fixed and re-released to the public as a 1.13 I believe, really nice to have later in the game and still hard to get to even late in the game. I never really bothered with the factory myself, but I hear Goliaths are nice.

Excalibur I am curious to see how will you fix the problematic NPC blocking...I fixed it by making white unable to change its allied status so players can just shoot white..will you do the same thing...

Quote from Excalibur
Nope, no SP at all. Thats how it was, and thats how it shall be. If you REALLY wanted to go SP, you could always OSMAP and disable the antiSP trigger I guess.

Why did you mention osmap...

I am a Mathematician

Jul 16 2008, 11:15 am Excalibur Post #78

The sword and the faith

Quote from MasterJohnny
Quote from LoveLess

Excalibur I am curious to see how will you fix the problematic NPC blocking...I fixed it by making white unable to change its allied status so players can just shoot white..will you do the same thing...

I am not yet sure how I'm going to handle this. Id rather take the time to test each area in all situations, making sure no blocks occur. I'm also working on some modifications to the checkpoint reinforce and retreat systems that I think will help with this aim.

Quote from MasterJohnny
Quote from Excalibur

Why did you mention osmap...
Why wouldnt I? My map is going to be compress protected with it, if only for faster DL times, and I'm going to release an open source terrain and unit copy as well. I will also grant editing permission to anyone that contacts me about it that I can trust, and contact information will be within the map.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Jul 16 2008, 1:50 pm Lingie Post #79

Maybe you should give the civilians running from the college a faster truck. ;D

Jul 16 2008, 1:54 pm Excalibur Post #80

The sword and the faith

Quote from name:Darkling
Maybe you should give the civilians running from the college a faster truck. ;D
Nonsense. The reaver works fine. And why aren't you on TS if your on the internets? >:|

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 68 >
  Back to forum