Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: Entropy II v1.0
Entropy II v1.0
May 29 2008, 4:48 am
By: mikelat  

May 29 2008, 4:48 am mikelat Post #1

Latest Version: v1.0 May 13, 2008
http://www.broodwarai.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=849

NOTE to those trying this out:
Entropy Ai is a unique mod that utilizes PYAI's external jump calls to allow the computer to mix-match and randomly pick from a small database featuring the best non-cheating BWAI scripts. This means the Ai receives NO money whatsoever. While we like to think this Ai is significantly stronger than the default Blizzard scripts, don't expect some gosu computer to rock your world especially if you play this 1v1. It just isn't going to happen. Some scripts are designed to be extremely aggressive while others may quick expand or even tech up before doing anything. As such, the Ai will work best as a team drawing support from each other.

Have fun and thnx to all that had enough courage to build a script without the use of the give_money command.

Entropy II BWAI MC:
http://www.broodwarai.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=330
Join the party!

Scripts Included:

Ashara P, T, Z
Avance70 Z
Raynor P, T, Z
Easy_Chat T
Peppe P
Racine P, T, Z
Zelduck P, Z

Source

None.

May 29 2008, 11:22 am Vi3t-X Post #2

Hm, lets see if the ai is smart...

None.

May 29 2008, 12:51 pm Clokr_ Post #3

Heh cool. They've been working on this AI for several years, good to know they've actually finished it :D

?????

May 29 2008, 1:54 pm Falkoner Post #4

They keep saying how easy the computer is, but is that an expert melee player's opinion? Or a little UMS lover like me :P

None.

May 29 2008, 7:47 pm bajadulce Post #5

Thnx for the publicity Yoshi. Your support over the years has made a big impact in the number of ppl that are aware of our little corner of the SC Community. Thankyou.

Quote from Vi3t-X
Hm, lets see if the ai is smart...
Nope Sorry, The Ai is still the same dumb computer with just different build orders. The mod is simply a culmination of all the ppl that have put some effort into modifying non-cheating Ai scripts. And I wanted to make sure they got some recognition for their work. Individually they wouldn’t be as noticed. Collectively, they are a big hit. If you play without exploiting the computer you will have a fun experience.

Quote from Clokr_
Heh cool. They've been working on this AI for several years, good to know they've actually finished it :D
While this Entropy Ai is merely a silly script modification, there is a greater project that has been in the works for some time in which the Ai’s behavior will be vastly improved. This mod will be like no other and will be guaranteed to blow your mind away. I personally am not involved (only because my programming knowledge is crap!), but some of the familiar SEN members who are part of this team are Heinermann, DiscipleofAdun, and Matefkr. …. So you can expect high quality. Physician’s (aka Entropy) dream of that true gosu computer is just around the corner.

Quote from Falkoner
They keep saying how easy the computer is, but is that an expert melee player's opinion? Or a little UMS lover like me :P
I know some of the other Ai mods are quite extreme, but this Ai should be enjoyable and beatable quite easily by the average player. .... but be careful or you'll end up in thegraveyard like some of these guys!

None.

May 29 2008, 8:07 pm Clokr_ Post #6

Quote from bajadulce
While this Entropy Ai is merely a silly script modification, there is a greater project that has been in the works for some time in which the Ai’s behavior will be vastly improved. This mod will be like no other and will be guaranteed to blow your mind away. I personally am not involved (only because my programming knowledge is crap!), but some of the familiar SEN members who are part of this team are Heinermann, DiscipleofAdun, and Matefkr. …. So you can expect high quality. Physician’s (aka Entropy) dream of that true gosu computer is just around the corner.

Oh okay :)

?????

Options
  Back to forum