Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Some Questions
Some Questions
May 26 2008, 3:45 pm
By: Xeno814  

May 26 2008, 3:45 pm Xeno814 Post #1

I've been playing starcraft for a long time(yeah...i was a child back there....LAN was a hit! but when no ones around I'm playing /w AI's in multiplayer. i always play TEAM MELEE so i can use other races) as ages pass i noticed that when u play w/ ai they have a random ai script for each race from MineTown to Insane(based from StarEdit ai scripts).

The question is is it possible to mess with these ai scripts and implement it on my mod?
(okay SC have StarEdit but it needs to be in use map settings it means you're stuck in one place and whats unknown is what the AI will do to you which sucks for me) I want to apply this ai scripts in a normal game modes(melee, free for all etc.).

And i wonder if where are the default ai scripts in SC lies?(the ai scripts that run in normal game modes)

PS: and btw i don't really know where to post this topic. what makes me write in this thread is that my mind is set in mod making and i see Modding Assistance. if i make mistakes i can understand as long as you point it out and give solutions. And for this topic with full of BLABLABLA. Sorry I'm fond of making wordy paragraphs,stories,sentences?(and of course! mess with grammars hehe). and lastly the intro is just a story(believe me i'm not that old y'know!).

None.

May 26 2008, 4:15 pm Polaris Post #2

Yes, it is possible to edit AI scripts.

Its located under scripts\aiscript.bin, and scripts\bwscript.bin

You will need either SCAIedit3, or PyAI in order to edit those.

If anything cool is ever going on Skype me up under the name "blarghle"

May 26 2008, 6:26 pm poiuy_qwert Post #3

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Visit the BroodWarAI.com and/or their forums for everything you could ever need regarding StarCraft AI.

May 27 2008, 3:44 am Laser Dude Post #4

I think he's thinking maps (what you make in staredit). If you want to add an AI to a computer in UMS, put a location over its command center, and create a trigger with Run AI Script at your location.

No, wait, I think you guys are right after reading it again. The scripts you're looking for are PMCx, TMCx, and ZMCx.

None.

May 27 2008, 8:54 am Xeno814 Post #5

on what .mpq does "scripts\aiscript.bin, and scripts\bwscript.bin" lies?

and PMCx TMCx ZMCx what are those?

None.

May 27 2008, 4:06 pm A_of-s_t Post #6

aka idmontie

scripts\aiscript.bin lies in stardat.mpq and scripts\bwscript.bin lies in BrooDat.mpq

If you are using PyAI with GUI, then simply select Open Default and those files will be loaded for you.

Once loaded, you'll see a list of AI scripts avaialable in these files. The ones that you want to export and edit are:

PMCx, TMCx, ZMCx

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Options
  Back to forum