Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Arsenal3??
Arsenal3??
May 24 2008, 1:23 pm
By: Xeno814  

May 24 2008, 1:23 pm Xeno814 Post #1

I'm using Arsenal3 in making a mod but there are some areas that makes SC crash and i don't understand(some fields that even trial and error don't work for me,[bcause its so damn time consuming, stressful and frustrating] :stfu: )

these are some questions that lingers in my mind:
-how make a weapon bounce?
-what are Inner,Mid,Outer in explosion range?
-what is the diff. of Radial,Line,Air Splash
-what are Concussive, Explosion?
-what are subunit range?
-will sc crash if i make the firebat,zealot,zergling,ultralisk attack air and inc its max range
-how can halo rockets do damages in air and ground?(okay i've checked the air and ground boxes but the valkyrie is too slow in attacking ground units)
-what are Iscript in flingy editor?
-where can i see the maps in starcraft campaigns bcause i want to edit them(i think its not relevant in Arsenal3 but anyway can someone help?)

Conclusion:
There are more question but this is all i can ask right now(im forgetfull, that sometimes i forgot to breathe)
So in the end, Is there a thread here that can explain how to use arsenal3 or someone can make a guide for it so idiots like me can make a decent unique mod.

None.

May 24 2008, 2:24 pm Doodle77 Post #2

Quote from Xeno814
I'm using Arsenal3 in making a mod but there are some areas that makes SC crash and i don't understand(some fields that even trial and error don't work for me,[bcause its so damn time consuming, stressful and frustrating] :stfu: )
Don't use Arsenal3, use DatEdit
these are some questions that lingers in my mind:
Iscripting (with IceCC)
-what are Inner,Mid,Outer in explosion range?
If you get DatEdit it explains it in the little help box at the bottom when you click on things.
-what is the diff. of Radial,Line,Air Splash
Radial splash damage is normal splash damage, like what the Siege Tank has, Line splash is like what the Lurker has, Air splash only hits air units, it's what the Valkyrie has.
-what are Concussive, Explosion?
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_types
-what are subunit range?
Many things in Arsenal3 are mislabeled, get DatEdit.
-will sc crash if i make the firebat,zealot,zergling,ultralisk attack air and inc its max range
Yes, you need to edit the iscript to give them an air attack script first.
-how can halo rockets do damages in air and ground?(okay i've checked the air and ground boxes but the valkyrie is too slow in attacking ground units)
Set halo rockets to deal normal splash damage instead of air splash.
-what are Iscript in flingy editor?
-where can i see the maps in starcraft campaigns bcause i want to edit them(i think its not relevant in Arsenal3 but anyway can someone help?)
Open INSTALL.EXE on your starcraft disk. Make sure you have the listfiles.
Conclusion:
There are more question but this is all i can ask right now(im forgetfull, that sometimes i forgot to breathe)
So in the end, Is there a thread here that can explain how to use arsenal3 or someone can make a guide for it so idiots like me can make a decent unique mod.

None.

May 25 2008, 5:08 am EzDay281 Post #3

More on what Doodle said-
you'll need to give the weapon the "Bounce" missile behaviour.
After that, go into IceCC, and compare the iscript for the weapon sprite you want to use, and the Glaive Wurm; the Glaive Wurm will have an animation that yours doesn't, so fix yours accordingly.
As Doodle mentioned, animation edits will be necessary; as for changing range, that should never crash, that I can think of, unless you do something weird with a missile animation--but I wouldn't worry about that, as by the time you might bother with such "weird" things is when you know what you're doing, anyways.
Does this need a flashing background, or somesuch? D:

None.

May 29 2008, 8:51 am ShadowFlare Post #4

Quote from Doodle77
Radial splash damage is normal splash damage, like what the Siege Tank has, Line splash is like what the Lurker has, Air splash only hits air units, it's what the Valkyrie has.
Sure, this information is correct as far as which units have it on their weapons, but you haven't said much about what they do.

All of them do splash damage in the same shape for the region, the only difference is what units they hit. The one formerly listed as Radial splash hits any units in the splash region. The option formerly named Line splash is not "line splash" at all; it is still circular and the only difference is that the splash damage will only hit units that are not your own (but still hits allies). Air splash is not just splash damage to air units; it does splash damage only to air units if the target is an air unit and splash damage only to ground units if the target is a ground unit -- basically it means that it cannot hit both air and ground units at the same time.

None.

Options
  Back to forum