Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: Entropy II
Entropy II
May 16 2008, 11:56 pm
By: bajadulce  

May 16 2008, 11:56 pm bajadulce Post #1

ENTROPY II
Poiuy_qwert & bajadulce's SMC III entry.

Download:
Entropy II v1.0.zip

Yeah.. we made the deadline baitcheeeess! :bleh:

Basically Entropy II is a mod that was made utilizing PYAI's ability to call external script commands wich allow the computer to mix-match and randomly pick from a small database featuring the best all-time non-cheating BWAI scripts. Without PYAI and poiuy's dedication, this mod would not have been possible. Of course there's a little bit of Farty's BinEdit II woven into the fabric as well. Nothing too outrageous as with PEAI, but still 10x more menu editing than most lazy modders will ever do. losers! :lol:

The mod is also a tribute to Phsician (aka Entropy) and his BWAIProject dream of a decent non-cheating computer as well as everyone else who had the courage to write a non-cheating Ai script. These guys are true Starcraft modders as well and they loved doing this just for the fun of it! It isn't the most difficulty thing, and even the most average Scraft player will beat it 1v2 without much problem. But that's not the point, and NOBODY has ever built anything even close to this! So if you can appreciate Starcraft mods for what they are, then this is a fun addition to your collection. If not, then you are just another wannabee.

The mod has it's own built-in credits and history describing a bit more of what it's about, and screenshots are not necessary as this is simply a very very unique one-of-a-kind Ai. If you'd like to read more here is it's origin.
http://www.broodwarai.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=311

OK so we did our part; Granted it wasn't the biggest production, but the amount of hours that are represented by each individual's script + PYAI, would probably total way more than I would estimate... so enjoy.

None.

May 17 2008, 12:07 am Corbo Post #2

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Awesome! I'll make sure to try it out as soon as possible.
And a lot of weeks before the deadline :P

fuck you all

May 17 2008, 1:47 am Polaris Post #3

Sexy menus! I havent the time to play a game yet, though.

If anything cool is ever going on Skype me up under the name "blarghle"

May 17 2008, 5:13 am A_of-s_t Post #4

aka idmontie

I was totally expecting new graphics. But, nice AI mod.

EDIT: The first time I played, the AI did nothing ... :(

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

May 17 2008, 4:00 pm bajadulce Post #5

Quote from A_of-s_t
What? never heard of such a thing from anybody? And the second time?

other related news:
We're putting together our first MMC (monthly modding challenge) with this Ai right now, and we have a few really gosu replays from a Chinese player that scored really high already. More MMC's are planned for other mods including a modified AO that Mesk is working on, so should be fun.

Also, we have some really ambitious programmers that have recently stumbled on our project and they have been writing a 3rd party program that controls the computers unit behavior. I witnessed a replay of the current progress last night, and I must say that what I saw blew me away! so Entropy's dream may soon be reality! :)

None.

May 17 2008, 5:26 pm A_of-s_t Post #6

aka idmontie

Quote from bajadulce
Quote from A_of-s_t
What? never heard of such a thing from anybody? And the second time?
The AI was mining, but it wasn't producing any units or anything. I, of course, easily pwned them. The second time, the AI worked fine. That first time, I was in 1.15.2, 1v2, I was terran v protoss + zerg.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

May 30 2008, 12:06 am Corbo Post #7

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

I finished judging this.

Your rating was....

Ha like if I would reveal it :P
If you're making modifications or anything you can still submit it again before the current deadline set (june 20th)

fuck you all

May 30 2008, 12:27 am Phobos Post #8

Are you sure about that?

Damnit! :( This is great! :) competitors just get stronger and stronger so...
Boo competence!
Yay for modding!

this is signature

Options
  Back to forum