Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: MacroTriggers production thread
MacroTriggers production thread
May 16 2008, 10:36 pm
By: Wormer
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15

Jul 4 2010, 9:31 am Wormer Post #281

Ah yeah, thank you, you're right! I've installed my Notepad++ with full installation and haven't thought someone could do custom.

Added a note to the installation instructions at the head post.

Some.

Jul 4 2010, 9:48 am NudeRaider Post #282

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Whenever a program allows me custom installation I use it. On my computer I'm a control freak.

Jul 12 2011, 3:30 pm ValiantKnife Post #283

TRIGGER
OWNERS: @P(8)
CONDITIONS:
Bring(@P(8), ("Exactly"), 1, @U("Terran Marine"), @L("Location 106"))
Bring(@P(8), ("Exactly"), 1, @U("Zerg Zergling"), @L("Location 109"))
Bring(@P(8), ("Exactly"), 1, @U("Terran SCV"), @L("Location 2"))
ACTIONS:
RemoveUnitsAt(1, @U("Terran SCV"), @P(8), @L("Location 2"))
CreateUnit(1, @U("Terran Marine"), @L("Location 0"), @P(8))
PreserveTrigger()
ENDT

Keeps telling me that "Bring" is a type mismatch. Wtf?

None.

Jul 12 2011, 4:55 pm Wormer Post #284

Quote from ValiantKnife
TRIGGER
CONDITIONS:
Bring(@P(8), ("Exactly"), 1, @U("Terran Marine"), @L("Location 106"))
Bring(@P(8), ("Exactly"), 1, @U("Zerg Zergling"), @L("Location 109"))
Bring(@P(8), ("Exactly"), 1, @U("Terran SCV"), @L("Location 2"))
ACTIONS:
PreserveTrigger()
ENDT

Keeps telling me that "Bring" is a type mismatch. Wtf?

The following works fine:
TRIGGER
CONDITIONS:
Bring(@P(8), @Exactly, 1, @U("Terran Marine"), @L("Location 106"))
Bring(@P(8), @Exactly, 1, @U("Zerg Zergling"), @L("Location 109"))
Bring(@P(8), @Exactly, 1, @U("Terran SCV"), @L("Location 2"))
ACTIONS:
PreserveTrigger()
ENDT

EDIT: BTW, anyone wants to see example maps with Macro Triggers sources submitted?

Some.

Jul 12 2011, 8:57 pm Alerek Post #285

Quote from Wormer
[quote=name:ValiantKnife]

EDIT: BTW, anyone wants to see example maps with Macro Triggers sources submitted?
Sure why not? :) I haven't ever got around to using this, as it seems a bit complicated.

None.

Jul 13 2011, 5:37 am Wormer Post #286

Quote from Alerek
I haven't ever got around to using this, as it seems a bit complicated.
The most complicated part is the setup process: to teach Notepad++ make SCMDraft 2 text triggers files from source Macro Triggers files. After that is done, it's only the matter of several keystrokes. For already 3 years I am opening my Notepad++, taking my previous map triggers as a template and starting a new work. For example, it took me 3 actions to figure out the mistake in the previous post: open Notepad++, copy-paste trigger and press F6. However, I agree that you don't need a tool like this if you're making a simplistic map.

The following is the real example of using Macro Triggers: Galaxia.mtrigger, Galaxia vBETA01e3.scx.
This is one of my previous works. It sucks as a map because it has some balance issues, but it is my best example of triggers organization. Triggers themselves are very complex and I don't advise you to examine them, but have a glance on the organizational part: definitions help track switches, death counters and other objects; triggers are put into groups with specified dependencies between them. The only example I know which is comparable with the complexity of the underlying trigger systems is Astrogears.

Some.

Jul 13 2011, 10:33 am Alerek Post #287

Well, It might just be me, But I cannot follow your tutorial at all for setting it up with N++. I can follow it to the point of setting up the nppExec plugin, and setting that up. But making N++ actually do anything is completley lost to me as the tutorial doesn't help me at all as it doesn't even continue after that, just DL file, and nothing else.
I honestly just have no clue what to do with any of these files.

I mean I'd love to use this as it does seem helpful, but the tutorial on the OP does not help me do anything lol.

Edit: Watched the video tutorial, but it was going fine until the end, and then it just got 1000% more complicated, where I just went why is this so much trouble just to make some triggers? I have yet to see any advantage to going through all this, and learning how to type triggers in some new format :/.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 13 2011, 10:52 am by Alerek.

None.

Jul 14 2011, 4:31 am Wormer Post #288

Quote from Alerek
Well, It might just be me, But I cannot follow your tutorial at all for setting it up with N++. I can follow it to the point of setting up the nppExec plugin, and setting that up. But making N++ actually do anything is completley lost to me as the tutorial doesn't help me at all as it doesn't even continue after that, just DL file, and nothing else.
Since you've set up the nppExec plugin you need to open N++, press F6 and copy the following script:
cd "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)" // set up current directory
NPP_SAVE // save current file
java -jar "<full path to mtrigsc.jar>" "$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)" "$(NAME_PART).trigger" "$(NAME_PART).property"
NPP_CLOSE "$(NAME_PART).property" // to make notepad++ reload file we close it first
NPP_OPEN "$(NAME_PART).property"
NPP_CLOSE "$(NAME_PART).trigger"
NPP_OPEN "$(NAME_PART).trigger"

After that you need to change the highlighted part to the full path to the mtrigsc.jar from the archive and save the script.
When this done, you're ready to open a file containing Macro Triggers sources and press Ctrl+F6 to get your SCMD 2 triggers.

Some.

Jul 14 2011, 9:32 am Alerek Post #289

Quote from Wormer
Quote from Alerek
Since you've set up the nppExec plugin you need to open N++, press F6 and copy the following script:
cd "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)" // set up current directory
NPP_SAVE // save current file
java -jar "<full path to mtrigsc.jar>" "$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)" "$(NAME_PART).trigger" "$(NAME_PART).property"
NPP_CLOSE "$(NAME_PART).property" // to make notepad++ reload file we close it first
NPP_OPEN "$(NAME_PART).property"
NPP_CLOSE "$(NAME_PART).trigger"
NPP_OPEN "$(NAME_PART).trigger"

After that you need to change the highlighted part to the full path to the mtrigsc.jar from the archive and save the script.
When this done, you're ready to open a file containing Macro Triggers sources and press Ctrl+F6 to get your SCMD 2 triggers.
I've done all that ( was actually the first thing I did) Anyways I've had the syntax highlighting and such working, but it doesn't really do anything other than highlight the syntax. So I still can't seem to get any use out of this.

None.

Jul 17 2011, 11:06 pm ValiantKnife Post #290

Quote from Wormer

Very much so. That would help a lot.

Edit: Anything with IF ELSE stuff would be especially beneficial. I never figured that out. I don't have any coding background. Even so, I've been able to figure some stuff out just by pondering over the small example mtrig file.

None.

Jan 11 2013, 5:38 pm Wormer Post #291

Macro Triggers plugin for Vim
It's time to revive this thread a little. I'm going to release Macro Triggers plugin for Vim that I written to practice my skills in vimscript. For those who don't know Vim is a very powerful text editor.

Key features:
1. Syntax highlighting of MacroTriggers, SCMD Triggers and SCMD Properties with a nice StarCraft color scheme.
2. Preview string colors in editor exactly like they are shown in StarCraft.
3. Define collapsable folds with '//>' and '//<'.
4. Press F5 to compile MacroTriggers and automatically get a copy of the resulting SCMD Triggers in clipboard.
5. Navigate through compilation errors list in separate window and jump to error positions in the file.
6. Press F4 to get hint about Condition or Action under cursor.
7. Make use of Actions and Conditions autocompletion with CTRL-N.
8. Type \trigger to insert a new trigger.
9. And more...

Installation is very simple:
First, get Vim from there and install.
Second, get Java virtual machine from there and install.
Third, download mtrig4vim plugin for Vim.
Fourthly, extract the archive to 'HOME\vimfiles', where HOME stands for your user home directory (i.e. C:\Users\User).
Alternatively, extract the archive to 'VIM\vimfiles', where VIM stands for vim installation directory (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Vim).
Finally, run Vim in easy mode (eVim) where it operates mostly like normal text editor, open triggers file and enjoy.

Note that this should work on Mac and Unix as well, just change your installation directories accordingly (on Mac use: 'VIM:vimfiles', on Unix: 'HOME/.vim' or 'VIM/vimfiles').

Example:

Post has been edited 17 time(s), last time on Jan 12 2013, 7:25 am by Wormer.

Some.

Jan 12 2013, 1:42 am The Starport Post #292

Noooo. Don't make me have to learn something new and useful. :P

None.

Jan 12 2013, 6:08 am Wormer Post #293

Hi, Tux! Thank you. Believe me, this thing completely kicks ass out of Notepad++.

Some.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15
  Back to forum