Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Melee Discussion & Strategy > Topic: General Tips to Melee
General Tips to Melee
Sep 7 2007, 7:58 am
By: BeDazed  

Oct 12 2007, 3:46 am BRu.Smile Post #21

Tips from first post are for newbie players...

blacklight28
You я right about burowed units...

There я many things to know about playing...
First, what you must to know, it's strategy. I have a friend with APM 90... he can easily win someone with APM 200

There is only one main rule - Scouting... You must know everything about your enemy...

None.

Oct 13 2007, 11:23 pm who Post #22

you need much more than 90 APM to play well against better players

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 24 2008, 11:38 pm by someone09.

None.

Oct 13 2007, 11:45 pm BeDazed Post #23

High APM just means better hotkey control and macro management. In the long run, a player with higher APM will win. Its just like that, its impossible to achieve APM 130+ with only mouse clickey clickey.

None.

Oct 14 2007, 4:30 pm ClansAreForGays Post #24

Quote from BeDazed
After you've maxed out, keeping a good amount of reserve is a good idea too.

well this is very obvious but i see too many pplz just building one unit...it makes it way too ez for someone to counterur invasion...i remember winning a game when at the end my invasion of 10 battlecruisers & 14 wraithes beat his force of 18 battalecruisers (I love Wraiths cloak ) lol 14 wraiths doing around 17 dam each when attacking a battlecruiser ...also the importance of a detector is way obvious but once agen no one is building them...i'd thought i'd never see the day when a protoss player has no detector (with how pplz use cannons -_-)

Nowadays, battlecruisers are almost never used.

I think moneylover is talking about his uberleetness in BGH and Fastest map possible games. I mean just look at his 'tricks'
Quote from Moneylover
Valkery Tricks -
Valkeries have splash damage!

Dark Templar Tricks -
Get dark templars!

I think yenku already said it best
Quote from Yenku
Those "tricks" make me laugh.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 14 2007, 4:37 pm by ClansAreForGays.

Nov 6 2007, 6:06 am Cheeseman119 Post #25

you could just burrow em around the worker area but not too far from the minerals or else they will find out.
what you would be doing though is killing all the workers so procution is paused

None.

Nov 6 2007, 8:49 am BeDazed Post #26

Not many maps have wide enough space to let things enter the base without noticing. And thats a cheese strategy, its not something you'd want to count on. Effective macro, full pump of units, and the ability to flank and destroy opponent's units and onto destroying everything hes got is what you want to count on.

None.

Jan 16 2008, 1:19 am ClansAreForGays Post #27

Use your rally points, canstantly set them to where the imaginary line is between you and your enemy, and never stop the pump.

also if your like me and just hate the idea of wasting time scouting, cntrl+2 your scv and just waypoint it all over the minimap.

Attachments:
I beat an azn.rep
Hits: 0 Size: 87.92kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 16 2008, 1:39 am by ClansAreForGays.

Options
  Back to forum