Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Post your PIX Pt2.
Post your PIX Pt2.
May 11 2008, 2:08 am
By: MeNtAlPaTiEnT
Pages: < 1 « 220 221 222 223 224234 >

Mar 9 2015, 12:04 am Sand Wraith Post #4421

she/her

Quote from CaptainWill
Well if we're posting pictures from runs:

That was a run across London in February. I started near the back so I could start with some friends (then never saw them for the rest of the race...) so I spent the whole thing being held up by various people.

did you know that being attractive is a privilege? people tend to prefer to associate with attractive people.

Mar 9 2015, 1:13 am Jack Post #4422

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from Sand Wraith
Quote from CaptainWill

That was a run across London in February. I started near the back so I could start with some friends (then never saw them for the rest of the race...) so I spent the whole thing being held up by various people.

did you know that being attractive is a privilege? people tend to prefer to associate with attractive people.
check your privilege cap'n will

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 9 2015, 9:24 am Sacrieur Post #4423

Still Napping

Quote from Sand Wraith
Quote from CaptainWill

Making excuses is a choice, however.

---

I applaud your running efforts Will :P

None.

May 6 2015, 3:16 pm Sacrieur Post #4424

Still Napping

I cut my hair.

None.

May 6 2015, 4:41 pm Dem0n Post #4425

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

y u so mad?

May 6 2015, 5:03 pm Sacrieur Post #4426

Still Napping

Quote from Dem0n
y u so mad?

That's just my neutral expression.

None.

May 6 2015, 7:11 pm BloodyZombie117 Post #4427

I have no idea what to put here... So I guess I'll just put this here.

Quote from Sacrieur
Quote from Dem0n
y u so mad?

That's just my neutral expression.

I get asked the same question all the time.
Also, a pic of me.

Jul 8 2015, 5:36 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #4428

👻 👾 👽 💪

Trying to find pictures of me wearing a tux, but I'm only ever in the background. ;o

I didn't think of wearing my sunglasses (despite everything being in the sun), it would've looked way cooler (and if I'd noticed my tie was askew).

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 8 2015, 11:15 pm CaptainWill Post #4429

I can't see anyone in the background there...

Not looking bad though. Still looks cool without the sunglasses.

None.

Jul 9 2015, 2:38 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #4430

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from CaptainWill
I can't see anyone in the background there...
I meant I was. I cropped me out of a much larger photo that wasn't taken of me.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jul 9 2015, 4:20 am Fire_Kame Post #4431

wth is starcraft

Hey background extra #6...you...free tonight? :teach:

Jul 9 2015, 6:33 am Jack Post #4432

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Wow when did farty turn into a babe

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jul 9 2015, 7:57 pm payne Post #4433

:payne:

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Trying to find pictures of me wearing a tux, but I'm only ever in the background. ;o

I didn't think of wearing my sunglasses (despite everything being in the sun), it would've looked way cooler (and if I'd noticed my tie was askew).
You look awesome!

Jul 9 2015, 9:17 pm Generalpie Post #4434

Staredit Puckwork

Indeed. I'd party with you :P

None.

Jul 12 2015, 5:15 pm Heinermann Post #4435

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Quote from Sacrieur

I cut my hair.
MUCH better looking.

Also, graduation, science, stuff, 2015.

Curious, anyone live in Seattle? Moving there on Thursday (from Windsor Ontario).

Jul 12 2015, 7:00 pm Dem0n Post #4436

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Did you get a job with Microsoft/Amazon/etc that's paying you 90k? :massimo:

Jul 12 2015, 8:42 pm Heinermann Post #4437

Amazon.

Jul 14 2015, 12:59 am Lanthanide Post #4438

You might find this interesting: http://www.geekwire.com/2015/old-man-at-amazon-gives-advice-to-interns-find-a-better-job-somewhere-else/

As usual with those types of articles, the comments are where the real value is.

None.

Jul 15 2015, 4:47 am Heinermann Post #4439

I'll tell you if it's true or not in 6 months. I didn't make it into any "better" companies, though I didn't apply for many either. As far as my internship experience went, I was on a great team and given full time responsibilities. My work-life balance was good. I turned down intern-only outings/events for work. At the very least, I think Amazon is still a very good starting point for somebody just coming out of university. There are also private internal resources for education, and some other perks, which I regret not taking advantage of as an intern.

My current plan is to just probe the Seattle location until I get bored or my time limit (3 years) is up. I was contacted for local positions, but promptly turned them down mostly because our climate sucks. Amazon isn't going to be my career for a billion years. I'm going to move on to bigger and better things. For now though, that's where I'm at, and it's a two-way relationship. They take advantage of me, and I take advantage of them. A one-sided relationship wouldn't be fun at all.

I would like to at one point work for a company that reverse engineers things, just for a bit, for fun. I've also considered working for a small/"indie" game company as well. But my next step in life will be to get into one of these "better" companies (i.e. Google, Microsoft) because that's where I, personally, will benefit the most from.

Jul 15 2015, 9:39 am Lanthanide Post #4440

I've you've already worked there as an intern, I'd put that experience above anything else you read on the internet. First-hand experience is always more valuable (which is not to say that other perspectives are worthless).

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 220 221 222 223 224234 >
  Back to forum