Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: More Twilight Terrain
More Twilight Terrain
Sep 7 2007, 2:24 am
By: Falkoner  

Sep 7 2007, 2:24 am Falkoner Post #1

Okay, since everyone has been posting twilight terrain, I decided to post some that was being used in Random Quest RPG before I quit on it to start Mystic Islands RPG, so enjoy:

Yes, it's a long bridge. Yes, it's really basic. Yes, you have seen less blocks in your lego set.

A garden, using sprites from jungle this ended up looking pretty good, it also has a wide ramp.

Basically, two wide mirrors ramps, and a single mirror ramp.

A bunch of doodads I blended, mostly mirrors, but some look pretty cool

So, discuss my children!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 7 2007, 2:34 am by Falkoner.

None.

Sep 7 2007, 2:32 am Nintendo_Confed Post #2

Nice, I like the long bridge most of all.

Quote from Falkoner
A bunch of doodads I made
What do you mean a bunch of doodans you made?

None.

Sep 7 2007, 2:35 am Falkoner Post #3

I mean, blended :P

How do you like the bridge so much? It looks like a hunk-o-junk to me.

None.

Sep 7 2007, 2:36 am purple100 Post #4

Y'know, it's rare to see some decent Twilight terrain. People focus too much on Jungle and leave out the other stuff.

I really like those doors. Especially the third and fourth ones on the bottom. The ramps look pretty clean too.

None.

Sep 7 2007, 2:38 am Nintendo_Confed Post #5

Quote from Falkoner
I mean, blended :P

How do you like the bridge so much? It looks like a hunk-o-junk to me.
Meh, i dunno. Maybe cause i could've used it in a map i did a while back. (took me days to find a solution and i eventually had to settle for something i didn't like)

None.

Sep 7 2007, 2:59 am TF- Post #6

🤙🏾

Nice, good to see twilight get some attention.

🤙🏾

Sep 7 2007, 3:02 am Jello-Jigglers Post #7

Oh falk have we fallen so low as to use mirrors and sprites as terrain? I do like the double Mech cave though ^^ . Mind if I post some new stuff here?

None.

Sep 7 2007, 4:29 am blacklight28 Post #8

Quote from purple100
Y'know, it's rare to see some decent Twilight terrain. People focus too much on Jungle and leave out the other stuff.

I really like those doors. Especially the third and fourth ones on the bottom. The ramps look pretty clean too.

thats because jungle is the funnest of all ;)

None.

Sep 7 2007, 4:41 am Falkoner Post #9

Yes, go ahead Jello, I'll go ahead and add any to the main post.

And Jello, let's just say that I hadn't really gotten to the actual terrain part of the map, I just had some basics, although since I will never finish it, all I will ever have are the basics :P

I think my favorite one would be the bottom left one, for some reason that just looks awesome to me :P

None.

Sep 7 2007, 4:51 am MNeox Post #10

I think all of these have been previously made.
the doodads seemed to be places in random places.
I kind of liked the mirrored walls tho. :|
Though I don't think there is much to do with twilight.
same as desert and ice, they seem to have the same
kind of tiles just in different colors, I don't really like how
blizzard made the high wall to water blend, but i guess it was
good looking terrain, considering the advanced editors did not exist yet. o.o

None.

Sep 7 2007, 4:58 am Falkoner Post #11

Wow, why didn't you just fit that into about 4 lines? Anyway, twilight is a lot different from desert and ice in that most of it's doodads don't have a mirror, and of course it is really annoying to blend with compared with the others for some reason...

None.

Sep 7 2007, 8:35 am Clokr_ Post #12

Quote from Falkoner
Wow, why didn't you just fit that into about 4 lines? Anyway, twilight is a lot different from desert and ice in that most of it's doodads don't have a mirror, and of course it is really annoying to blend with compared with the others for some reason...

Jungle, twilight, ice and desert have all four the same structure. They were all copied from jungle (damn lazy blizzard people that made BW). Only doodads change from one to another.

That terrain is pretty simple. Extending bridges, fusing ramps and making those doodads using mirrored tiles is nothing new. I think I've seen the bridge before somewhere. The fused ramp can be made in almost any tileset and the doodads are pretty similar to badlands doodads.

?????

Sep 7 2007, 12:57 pm Falkoner Post #13

Jungle, twilight, ice and desert have all four the same structure. They were all copied from jungle (damn lazy blizzard people that made BW). Only doodads change from one to another.

If they were copied from jungle then it would be simple to make stacked cliffs with them, since their water would have the same edges as cliffs. But of course, you can't do stacked cliffs in them since they are NOT copies of jungle, while they have some of the basics, they really aren't. Jungle has no low ground, for instance, I think that Blizzard just made a single new tileset, and then just changed how it looked, the 3 are related, but desert and ice are a lot easier to blend with.

None.

Sep 7 2007, 3:13 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #14

If they were copied from jungle then it would be simple to make stacked cliffs with them, since their water would have the same edges as cliffs. But of course, you can't do stacked cliffs in them since they are NOT copies of jungle, while they have some of the basics, they really aren't. Jungle has no low ground, for instance, I think that Blizzard just made a single new tileset, and then just changed how it looked, the 3 are related, but desert and ice are a lot easier to blend with.

Agreed. They are not direct copies anyways because the whole cliff appearance has changed seeing as they aren't vertical like the jungle ones ;) Oh and i just went ahead and posted my pics in a new topic but if you want them here Ill give you them :)

None.

Sep 7 2007, 5:42 pm Zergblender Post #15

After I tried blending some twilight stuff I found that there's not really much to do with it and the tileset is rather boring to work with...

None.

Sep 7 2007, 6:28 pm Falkoner Post #16

Which is exactly why everyone is attempting to make extended terrain for it, it has very little anyone has made as an example.

None.

Sep 7 2007, 6:50 pm Lakai Post #17

To be honest I dont really like any of them... try being more original when you work on twilight I think it has some potential

None.

Sep 9 2007, 5:59 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #18

Hey have you given up on twilight or are you still developing more stuff?

None.

Sep 9 2007, 6:40 pm Clokr_ Post #19

Quote from Falkoner

Alright, sorry then. I suppose they changed the edges style, however it still has some similarities with jungle.

?????

Sep 9 2007, 11:32 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #20

"Alright, sorry then. I suppose they changed the edges style, however it still has some similarities with jungle." -Clokr_

I agree with you Clokr_. There are tons of similarities among the jungle and twilight terrain tilesets, but for obvious reasons they couldn't just copy over exactly the same tiles and only change the tiles because it would look rather suspicious and it would get old... But other than few changes I think that Twilight was mostly based off of the jungle tileset.

None.

Options
  Back to forum