Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Mod help again
Mod help again
Apr 28 2008, 10:39 pm
By: GreatDragon  

Apr 28 2008, 10:39 pm GreatDragon Post #1

I want to know how to randomize attack (Like what BSTRhino did)
Secondly, I want to know how to make bullets/projectiles to curve on fire like valkyries.
If you know how, can you tell me please?

None.

Apr 28 2008, 11:41 pm Fisty Post #2

Quote from GreatDragon
Secondly, I want to know how to make bullets/projectiles to curve on fire like valkyries.
A) It's a bit complicated for me to explain, if you want I could give you a base Iscript file that shows how to accomplish this.
B) In images.dat (using datedit), check off "Graphics turns", you also may need to set the "turn radius" command in Flingy.dat.

None.

Apr 29 2008, 1:22 am Polaris Post #3

Quote from GreatDragon

Quote from name:Deathman101
B) In images.dat (using datedit), check off "Graphics turns", you also may need to set the "turn radius" command in Flingy.dat.
LOL

You set the weapon behavior to attack 3x3 area, its right about the icons and stuff. Dont do what Deathman said, you will get a ton of crashes..

If anything cool is ever going on Skype me up under the name "blarghle"

Apr 29 2008, 10:34 pm Fisty Post #4

Quote from Polaris
Quote from GreatDragon

LOL

You set the weapon behavior to attack 3x3 area, its right about the icons and stuff. Dont do what Deathman said, you will get a ton of crashes..
Actually yeah you are right, for whatever reason I had my head into completely reprogramming a weapon.

None.

Apr 30 2008, 7:28 am Laser Dude Post #5

Quote from Polaris
LOL

No, it won't crash, he just won't get the desired effect. Changing graphics turn makes it move like a science vessel/flying building, changing turn radius does just that.

Here's a hint to the OP: If you want to figure something out like this, try looking at the valkyrie's attack, and changing things one by one in your script, until you get the effect you desire. This will really help you find this sort of thing on your own.

None.

Apr 30 2008, 7:34 pm Polaris Post #6

Of course it wont crash if he does it with a 17 framed thing, but did you ever consider he was doing it with the phase disruptor, or some other weapon?

If anything cool is ever going on Skype me up under the name "blarghle"

Apr 30 2008, 8:31 pm FlyingHat Post #7

He's asking how to make the projectile curve, not turn. To get the result of making a projectile curve on fire just experiment with the launch spin box in weapons.dat.

None.

May 1 2008, 5:09 am Corbo Post #8

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

He specifically said he wanted like valkyrie, he should do what polaris said.

What launch spin box on weapons.dat btw? Am I missing something here?

fuck you all

May 15 2008, 6:13 am EzDay281 Post #9

What launch spin box on weapons.dat btw? Am I missing something here?
I guess you are? xP
It determines the heading of the projectile when it's initially fired, which is why, for example, Goliath's Hellfire Missile Packs will balloon out before heading straight for a target. I've abused it a lot, before, and it can be used to achieve some interesting affects...

None.

May 15 2008, 11:04 pm A_of-s_t Post #10

aka idmontie

Are you talking about the weapon behavoir?

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

May 15 2008, 11:13 pm FlyingHat Post #11

Yes he is.

None.

May 15 2008, 11:21 pm Corbo Post #12

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

That's not a launch spin box or whatever Ez said :P
And you people ought to stop reviving really old topics.
Specially if they're solved.

fuck you all

May 29 2008, 8:17 am ShadowFlare Post #13

btw, "turn radius" in flingy.dat should more properly be labeled "turn speed" because lower numbers mean it can't turn as fast (for wide turns) and higher numbers mean it can faster (for sharper turns).

None.

Options
  Back to forum