Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Voice Command
Voice Command
Apr 25 2008, 7:02 am
By: KrayZee  

Apr 25 2008, 7:02 am KrayZee Post #1

FlyingHat and I agreed to make a mod that would have the following characters to have 'voice commands' whenever you control them, order them around or even keep clicking on them. Along by that, the wireframe will be fit according to the unit instead of the BLANK or the mismatched wireframe in Raszagal. Along adding their ranks under their names if they're a Terran. I'm willing to modify the campaign dialogue, switching around words. And according to Vice Admiral, I will not allow him say the word 'Captain', instead I will make him say 'Commander' from the Protoss Campaign. Just like how the Marine spoke that word.

Admiral Gerald DuGalle (Unit Name will be "Aleksander" [Like Hyperion and Norad II])
Vice Admiral Alexei Stukov
Emperor Acturus Mengsk (Unit name will be "Norad III")
Judicator Aldaris
Matriarch Raszagal (As both Corsair AND Dark Templar)

What do you think? It's only an idea so far, not a single line has started.

None.

Apr 25 2008, 2:24 pm Symmetry Post #2

Dungeon Master

I don't see how it'd be very useful as a mod itself; but on the contrary, the material you're willing to create could be very useful. I'd say go for it, and release the parts (wireframes, voice clips, etc) separately to the mod itself.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

May 1 2008, 7:17 pm Vi3t-X Post #3

It could be used to formulate another campaign that Doodan or someone at CampaignCreations might make.

Dont make a Hero DT Raszagal. That Hero DT is special. It has 45 attack as opposed to the DT's 40. It's for the mission when Artanis reaches Shakuras and detect zerg there.

None.

May 2 2008, 5:58 am KrayZee Post #4

Raszagal, according to the second to last mission of the Zerg Brood War campaign, was a Dark Templar by the time she was murdered by Zeratul. And besides, the Dark Templar hero was only there because of the vanilla Protoss Campaign in which you control Dark Templars excluding Zeratul. And there was no access to warp them from the Gateway but Blizzard have already found a use for them which was part of the major storyline against the Cerebrates.

None.

May 2 2008, 5:59 am Vi3t-X Post #5

You know that really was just a location around the cerebrates that respawned the cerebrate if no DT was brought to that location right? The DT Could've stopped, sit there (repettettive stop) and the player could still win.

None.

May 2 2008, 6:31 am KrayZee Post #6

I already knew that. Just place the Dark Templar near the cerebrate but without attacking it, hold position and allow other units to attack it. Don't attempt to speak through the obvious, Blizzard only did that for the storyline in which Cerebrates can only be killed through the Dark Templar's energies and weapons.

None.

May 2 2008, 11:31 am Vi3t-X Post #7

Yar. I still don't want the hero DT to be Raszagal though. It would seem so awkward.

None.

May 2 2008, 10:52 pm KrayZee Post #8

I don't understand why it would be awkward, there's actually no real use to have an actual, regular Dark Templar in which it can't be warped from the Gateway. Even it's possible through mods, I doubt it would serve and use for anything but different statistics. Not to mention but the Raszagal hero found in scmdraft and starforge shows in parenthesis "(Dark Templar)". Though DuGalle in parenthesis is "(Ghost)", there were no appearance of him seen as a ghost at all.

None.

May 3 2008, 4:59 pm Syphon Post #9

Quote from name:KrAzY
I don't understand why it would be awkward, there's actually no real use to have an actual, regular Dark Templar in which it can't be warped from the Gateway. Even it's possible through mods, I doubt it would serve and use for anything but different statistics. Not to mention but the Raszagal hero found in scmdraft and starforge shows in parenthesis "(Dark Templar)". Though DuGalle in parenthesis is "(Ghost)", there were no appearance of him seen as a ghost at all.

Though the actual unit is a Corsair?

None.

May 3 2008, 7:44 pm KrayZee Post #10

Yes, I was only proving a point that Blizzard attempted to create another Dark Templar hero which would be available through the campaign. But the lazy developers just used the Dark Templar hero that was available in vanilla StarCraft, in which couldn't be built by the Gateway, and renamed it to "Raszagal". After Zeratul destroyed the Statis Cell/Prison, then finishing Raszagal's dialogue reveals a regular Dark Templar portrait.

You could obviously tell the actual Raszagal unit has a Dark Templar wire frames and parenthesis, gives us a clue. The best thought that Raszagal was a Dark Templar unit to reveal Zeratul forced to murder Raszagal by Kerrigan in ending of the mission "The Reckoning". But instead they made her a Corsair with a Corsair's voice for no apparent reason that we know of.

Just in case I was questioned again about the rest:

As similar as to how Gerard DuGalle, Arcturus Mengsk and Aldaris. They tried to make Aldaris as a hero so you, the player, could kill him according to "The Insurgent" mission in the Protoss Campaign. Again, lazy developers replaced it with Tassadar renamed as Aldaris. From start to finish, you can clearly see Tassadar's portrait.

As for both Gerard DuGalle "Aleksander" and Arcturus Mengsk "Norad III", they're suppose to appear in both of the "Emperor's Fall" mission in which the ending reveals a meeting between DuGalle and Mengsk. Instead, they just used "Norad II" renamed to "Norad III" and DuGalle is just a standard battlecruiser. Before the conversation begins, you can clearly see Edmund Duke's potrait.

Then on "To Chain the Beast", at the end of the mission reveals a meeting between Duran and DuGalle as Duran introduces Kerrigan. The battlecruiser seen written as "Gerard DuGalle" with a rank underneath it "Admiral" is actually Norad II. Before the conversation begins or ends, you can see Edmund Duke's portrait again.

Though I answered the questions that weren't asked, I'm giving in my thoughts why those uncompleted hero units that were truly meant to be seen in the Brood War Campaign. In which it makes sense why Aldaris is seen as a Templar, DuGalle and Mengsk as Battlecruisers, and Raszagal as a Dark Templar in the Editor. And in the Campaign that used Duke for both battlecruisers, Hero Dark Templar for Raszagal, and Tassadar for Aldaris are completely permanent placeholders. Though the corsair is unintentional.

None.

Options
  Back to forum