Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Moding Questions
Moding Questions
Apr 21 2008, 12:20 am
By: Da_Fenix  

Apr 21 2008, 12:20 am Da_Fenix Post #1

I have some questions about moding

1) can a transport vehicle have a load and unload animation?
2) can 2 units from another race set merge together to make a new unit?
3) can other units launch mini-units like the carrier and reaver?
4) can another type of mineral field be put into the game and work?
5) can a unit do the self teleport thing like in SC2
6) can a zerg building be burrowed

does anyone have aswers to my questions?

None.

May 18 2008, 2:56 am Doodle77 Post #2

Quote from Da_Fenix

Yes
2) can 2 units from another race set merge together to make a new unit?
Yes, but they have to be the Dark Templar and High Templar. (even if you change the race)
3) can other units launch mini-units like the carrier and reaver?
Only if they're internally the carrier and reaver or heroes
No.
5) can a unit do the self teleport thing like in SC2
There is an EXE edit for this I believe.
6) can a zerg building be burrowed
I'm not sure. Try it!

None.

May 18 2008, 3:04 am Polaris Post #3

Yeah, doodle pretty much nailed it.

Quote from Da_Fenix
This one depends. If you are willing to replace Vespane, then yes. Its possible, but it depends what you want to sacrifice in order to do it. But, if you want to make a second type along with Normal Mins and vespane, then no, you can only have 2 resources at once.

If anything cool is ever going on Skype me up under the name "blarghle"

May 18 2008, 3:58 am Doodle77 Post #4

Quote from Polaris
Yeah, doodle pretty much nailed it.

Quote from Da_Fenix
This one depends. If you are willing to replace Vespane, then yes. Its possible, but it depends what you want to sacrifice in order to do it. But, if you want to make a second type along with Normal Mins and vespane, then no, you can only have 2 resources at once.
But then your SCVs would be dissapearing at the mineral patches O.o...

None.

May 18 2008, 4:39 am Corbo Post #5

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

You could replace vespene geyser to something like Diamond mine so they go into the mine and extract mineral chunks (diamonds) from it. and make mineral fields something else like.... cows... so you kill them to get meat.
Corbo and his awesomely random concepts :P

As to the teleport thing, yes. There is no .exe edit for that unlike someone said or else I'm missing that .exe edit.
But you do can teleport units, I have developed 2 systems on teleporting. One involved Place COP but you couldn't teleport after 10 minutes in game, you can probably change that counter or something to a really high number like 10 hours (no mod game lasts 10 hours :P) and the other system involved some weird customizations to certain spells and players, P12, scanner sweep and Dark Swarm I think and some memoery edits I can hardly recall but I would remember when recreating the system.

fuck you all

May 18 2008, 4:41 am Symmetry Post #6

Dungeon Master

Quote from Corbo
You could replace vespene geyser to something like Diamond mine so they go into the mine and extract mineral chunks (diamonds) from it. and make mineral fields something else like.... cows... so you kill them to get meat.
Corbo and his awesomely random concepts :P

Moving mineral patches? Intriguing.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

May 18 2008, 4:54 am Corbo Post #7

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Sure, you could give them very slow move script so that you can actually mine them without them moving away and the SCV following them. Then you can give them junk yard dog order with datedit and they randomly move and make it so that they have 1 mineral and then die so that they aren't actually living when you get the meat :P Oh hell, do them to extract meat from a liviing moving cow for the lulz and place many of them and give that map to ex so that he doesn't have to worry about balancing it.

You could even have different type of meat sources, you can have sheeps and you can possibly have bulls that are like cows but if you don't notice is a bull and you think is a cow and extract meat from them they'd attack you, because they are bulls not cows duh. and overvalue the minerals and rig the bulls and there you go.

Sweet, oh my babies.

fuck you all

May 18 2008, 1:43 pm Doodle77 Post #8

Quote from Corbo
As to the teleport thing, yes. There is no .exe edit for that unlike someone said or else I'm missing that .exe edit.
But you do can teleport units, I have developed 2 systems on teleporting. One involved Place COP but you couldn't teleport after 10 minutes in game, you can probably change that counter or something to a really high number like 10 hours (no mod game lasts 10 hours :P) and the other system involved some weird customizations to certain spells and players, P12, scanner sweep and Dark Swarm I think and some memoery edits I can hardly recall but I would remember when recreating the system.
It's reverse recall.

None.

May 29 2008, 8:24 am ShadowFlare Post #9

Quote from Doodle77
Quote from Da_Fenix
Yes
Where? I haven't been aware of such a thing. Did someone figure this out sometime?

None.

May 29 2008, 5:11 pm A_of-s_t Post #10

aka idmontie

Quote from ShadowFlare
Quote from Doodle77
Quote from Da_Fenix
Yes
Where? I haven't been aware of such a thing. Did someone figure this out sometime?
Lol... its the order tab in dat edit.
Heh, you even posted there.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Jun 1 2008, 2:10 am ShadowFlare Post #11

Oh, you were referring to custom animations for the orders. Heh, I suppose this could be used to make a dropship look like it is landing when it unloads or picks up units, with a series of setvertpos's in the animation script, or a door that opens and closes with some custom frames.

None.

Options
  Back to forum