Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: A few questions now
A few questions now
Apr 18 2008, 3:57 pm
By: SuperPeyo  

Apr 18 2008, 3:57 pm SuperPeyo Post #1

Hello^^
So , now , im making seriously mods and make serious things =D Now i have a few serious questions

1)I have made IceCC script.I have to add Firegraft settings(CommandCenter atatck requires both animation & button).When i want to open the Winmpq where is the scripts\iscript.bin(attack animation script for CC) & arr\units.dat(attack for command center) , well it bugs.And i can't open the file(acces violation bla bla bla).If anyone has an idea i would be happy to know it

2)Can i apply firegraft to MPQ changes BEFORE MPQ cration?

3)Is it possible to make Ion Thrusters upgrade available for BattleCruiser?(and how please)
4)How implement Stimpack on Battlecruiser(if possible)?When i try it , the grey icon is there but when i research it , it disappears

Maybe more to come :><:

Thx at those who ll take time to read this topic and maybe help me^^
Others can die :|

None.

Apr 18 2008, 11:18 pm Syphon Post #2

You're going to have to learn to type proper English around here. I'll try to decipher.

2) MPQ .exes ARE essentially MPQs, they can be opened with WinMPQ.
3/4) Check the Req tabs.

None.

Apr 20 2008, 12:32 am SuperPeyo Post #3

I said it = english isn't the language i usually speak

Ok i figured out how Firegraft works.
5)When i create my Exe of FG after opening the MPQ where are my dats files , and play it i ifrst realized units.dat & weapons.dat weren't applied here.
Then i also realized that after researching stimpack(so bc could use it)the icon disappear & only yamato gun remains.

Resume-->How can I apply my units.dat & weapons.dat with FG?
When i make FG modifications(BC gets Stimp),they disappear when conditions are met(here , stimp icon disappear when research is over).What can i do?

I have both FG 0.92 & 0.93

None.

Apr 21 2008, 1:50 am Fyrinite Post #4

Two ways.

1. When you save as a NEW exe, FG will ask if you want to copy an EXISTING mpq into the exe.
2. You can open the exe FG saves in WinMPQ and add the files manually.

None.

Options
  Back to forum