Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Newb modder
Newb modder
Apr 7 2008, 5:18 pm
By: SuperPeyo  

Apr 7 2008, 5:18 pm SuperPeyo Post #1

Hello everybody.Well Im a newb modder^^

I dled some editing tools like Datedit , WinMPQ & some stuff.I figured out how make a tiny mod(was just a try eh) = I Made a long range turret with heavy anti-air artillery(arclite siege) =D . That was fun^^
Im making random stuff to train modding since i got the tools 1 week ago

Id like you , mighty modders , explain me some basic modding things(modder basics i guess) , the basic tool & all the stuff(very basics =D )

I also dled Firegraft to add a Attack button for Command Center(zomg gatling gun) & make a stimpack arclite siege tank (what ? terran imba?).But didn't find how use it properly
So im also searching how to use this weird tool^^'

Here.Maybe im too ambitious but nvm , i have a will of modding =D
Thx by advance

(One Last Thing=English is not my usual language =D I can understand most of things , just don't look amazed if i ask something about explanations =D)

None.

Apr 7 2008, 7:43 pm Polaris Post #2

Well, to answer your first question, there are a lot of modding things that you can do. I recommend that you have a look at the maplantis Wiki to get some ideas on where to start. There are things in there like grafting, basic iscripting, as well as some other things.
http://www.staredit.net/maplantis/index.php?sid=a752584e36;pg=wiki

For your second question, adding an attack button to the CC and giving it an attack in Datedit wont make it attack yet. You need to iscript in an attack animation; a tutorial can be found in the Wiki link I posted above.

As for the Stimpack + tank, did you get the requirements right? Check the requirements tab in firegraft, then the "Use Tech" tab under that, and find stimpacks. Then, add the tank in there with everything else.

And, WELCOME TO THE MODDING REVOLUTION!!!!!!111one

If anything cool is ever going on Skype me up under the name "blarghle"

Apr 8 2008, 5:31 am IskatuMesk Post #3

Lord of the Locker Room

I wouldn't worry too much about your English. It's better than 90 of native speakers I've met.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Apr 9 2008, 1:52 am hunt3r4teens Post #4

i a newbie 2 and the thing that bothers me is that it hard to get the correct position for them and does any body have spare grps file i can use my grps are sort of the way that i don't want it to be.

None.

Apr 9 2008, 5:28 am A_of-s_t Post #5

aka idmontie

When the download database is finished, I'll upload all my grps that I have stored.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Apr 9 2008, 4:16 pm SuperPeyo Post #6

Thx for the tips =D
Welcome to me?Thx too =D

Ill try honour this wonderful mission which is modding ^^'

None.

Apr 9 2008, 7:36 pm Polaris Post #7

Quote from hunt3r4teens
i a newbie 2 and the thing that bothers me is that it hard to get the correct position for them and does any body have spare grps file i can use my grps are sort of the way that i don't want it to be.
lolwut? All I got out of that was that you need GRP's. If so, ML's database of them is here: http://www.staredit.net/maplantis/index.php?sid=0ed33800a7;pg=mods

If anything cool is ever going on Skype me up under the name "blarghle"

Apr 9 2008, 9:00 pm SuperPeyo Post #8

*Im "eating"(=D) all tutorials around for most of the tools for modding.I have got a tiny error with IceEE(which is maybe common for ya guys) = When i wanna compile(dropship animation attack after making the script) , i get error=couldn't create *blablabla* because of unknown OpCode *blablabla*

Anyone has an idea about that?

***Error excat name is=
--->icecc: error: could not create iscript from C:\Users\Pierre\Desktop\IceCC\IceCC\iscript.bin: unknow opcode 0x9a read at 0x0001***

None.

Apr 10 2008, 2:21 am IskatuMesk Post #9

Lord of the Locker Room

Don't try to extract or compile from 1.10+ iscripts; use the default to create your first batch.

Additionally, you may also be lacking a playfram command for frameset 0x9a.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Apr 10 2008, 3:19 am hunt3r4teens Post #10

Quote from A_of-s_t
When the download database is finished, I'll upload all my grps that I have stored.
how do u upload the file?
:unsure:
and one more thing it is that datedit it is i just don't have

None.

Apr 10 2008, 5:49 pm SuperPeyo Post #11

Ikatsu --->I.script+10 ?
--->Batch? (sorry my english =D )
--->I actually followed a Tutorial = "how to add an attack animation for a dropship"

My IceCC vers is bad?

None.

Apr 11 2008, 5:24 am A_of-s_t Post #12

aka idmontie

There are two ICECC versions. The old one uses lots of opcodes, and the new one has only 3 or so opcode commands -- everything else has a string. The two versions are not compatible other than compiling to an iscript and uncompiling from the other version.

What Iskatu means (I think) is do not comiple or extranct scripts from iscripts made from version of SC 1.10 or higher.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Apr 11 2008, 4:38 pm SuperPeyo Post #13

Thx man

Ok now i have a REAL problem.I mean , in the Starcraft Game.Not modding.Since i started modding i have a lil'prob = When im in game it's like it was 1.10 vers(acadely costs 200 , no replays).Moreover i can't reach multiplayer menu.It's REALLY annoying for me...

I Think it's maybe when i extracted some files with MPQ about stardat or some kind of stuff.I Maybe something auto-downgraded?Whatever it is it's seriously annoying for me(even if i try modding , im mainly a player).So did i touch/do something that fucked me up this way?
( i didn't try reinstall game since i lost the original CD )

Thx a lot for anyone helps me

None.

Apr 11 2008, 8:26 pm Symmetry Post #14

Dungeon Master

http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/SCD3/

You can use this to change the patch you have installed.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Apr 11 2008, 9:25 pm SuperPeyo Post #15

Thanks my buddy =D
Im a guy who has tons of problems to solve & so few solutions^^

None.

Apr 15 2008, 9:49 pm hunt3r4teens Post #16

Quote from name:Killer_Kow
http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/SCD3/

You can use this to change the patch you have installed.
how to get patch files?
is it like a memgraph?

None.

Options
  Back to forum