Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: The Skeptic's Annotated Bible
The Skeptic's Annotated Bible
Apr 6 2008, 1:56 pm
By: Hercanic
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6

Jul 26 2008, 1:03 pm Hug A Zergling Post #101

Quote from lil-Inferno
Interesting, but about 59% of SEN is atheist ( According to a poll taken a while back ) and the rest of the 41% are not atheist.
You assume everybody took the poll...

None.

Jul 26 2008, 4:26 pm InsolubleFluff Post #102

I was walking home the otherday and two guys came up to me and my friend and were like "Would you guys like to learn more about Jesus?" and I felt that was rather insulting. I am an athiest but I do not walk around the streets saying "Would you like to learn why your whole religous view is wrong and when you die, nothing happens, you just die?" and my friend was Islamic so he already had his beliefs on Jesus's role in everything etc... but not only that, it seems as if Jesus had became a business perspective and they were trying to sell Heaven to me...

None.

Jul 29 2008, 10:20 pm midget_man_66 Post #103

The thing is... the bible is a twisted history book. it has been touched by many hands, and edited by many hands. books have been added and removed... its legitimacy and validity cannot be specified. Jesus was a man who declared he was the god of the bible. Wether or not you want to believe in him, or the god of the bible is the choice that has been layed before our feet.

I feel that many religions require the admiration and dedication to a being out of our reality and comprehension with cosmic power... buddha did not want people to worship gods, but rather worship and admire and respect themselves. He wished for peace and for everyone to be able to answer the question "Who are you?". Wether you wish to follow a spirit of god, or your own spirit is your choice. it has been layed before your feet.

The bible is here for moral, and social guidance. i dont know if anyone thinks that it is completely and utterly true up and down

None.

Jul 29 2008, 10:29 pm FlyingHat Post #104

No matter what version of the Bible you're reading it more or less conveys the same message:
God rules the univers and Jesus died for the world.

To many Christians it isn't just a history book that tells us about a bunch of old people and shit, to us it's life's instruction manual that tells us how to live it.

Goodness, this thread never gives up.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6
  Back to forum