Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Twilight Terrain
Twilight Terrain
Sep 5 2007, 3:09 am
By: TF-  

Sep 5 2007, 3:09 am TF- Post #1

🤙🏾

Anyone working with Twilight lately? It's probably my favourite tileset, I started up a map on it, now if only I could terrain worth a damn, this is all I got so far, generic bridge -> platform thingy.

Got any ideas on how to fill in that pesky missing corner (2 actually but some are covered by sprites), or how to actually tile the bridge floor properly?
Transitioning from a terrain type to another seems a lot harder than in Badlands-type tilesets too, I hope it's not impossible tho'.

🤙🏾

Sep 5 2007, 3:13 am Falkoner Post #2

Try to make them mirror more for the ground, but what I would recommend for Twilight is to try to stick with really detailed Isometric, extended in twilight is really annoying to do and almost never looks as good.

None.

Sep 5 2007, 3:35 am Jello-Jigglers Post #3

Haha yeah that's about as good as it gets... Not much else you can do, but the mountain side possibilities are endless! :) Good luck with the map!

None.

Sep 5 2007, 8:05 am TF- Post #4

🤙🏾

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll see if I can properly combine isometric with the occasional (blocky) extended stuff, since i'd rather not give up on extended that easily.

🤙🏾

Sep 5 2007, 8:38 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #5

Haha well I'm gonna start trying to fool around with it some more so I guess we can be the fore fathers of twilight :P

None.

Sep 5 2007, 11:10 pm Cob Post #6

It's really blocky and some parts gave me the creeps. lol. Good luck with it.

None.

Sep 12 2007, 10:41 am ATG Post #7

It's blocky but if you are new at terraining then that explains all. ^^

None.

Sep 13 2007, 1:55 am Fallen Post #8

One thing that is really nice that i tried on twilight is having random triggers creating hulicinated units then have them die instantly over the water. It was a nice effect that i started doing for a movie sceen . Also a nice fog effect if you have it at the right time/distance. However like most things it ccmu, cant create more units, very fast so use it on maps when most players control small amounts of units.

None.

Sep 14 2007, 2:34 pm hetzer Post #9

I made an entire city on those bridges (its the city of vivec for any morrowind fans) that corner is a bitch and will never look perfect, twilight is cool but doesnt have enough trees for my liking, so I ended up switching to jungle, I can post a pic of my city of vivec when I get home. I really like making cool cities and rocky vallys in twilight, but thats about all you can do...

None.

Sep 14 2007, 7:17 pm Zergblender Post #10

Twilight doesn't seem like the right tileset for Vivec.
I play Morrowind and I think Jungle would suit it better.

None.

Sep 15 2007, 6:02 pm blacklight28 Post #11

How would twilight be Vivec..... It's all dark and twilighty, Zergblender is right, jungle would fit Vivec.
Well, anyway the middle is all one tile.

None.

Sep 16 2007, 3:37 am hetzer Post #12

Didn't I say I decided to go with jungle in the end? I was making it twilight because the general dreary air of the set reminds me of the wilder places in Vvardenfell. Now that everyone seems to think Twilight isn't common enough, I wish I had gone with twilight so I could show off a 256x256 map of the stuff :P. Uh, I can't get my SCMDraft 2 to take pictures, every time I try it freezes, so the pictures will have to wait. :-\

None.

Sep 18 2007, 3:01 am Jello-Jigglers Post #13

Quote from hetzer
Didn't I say I decided to go with jungle in the end? I was making it twilight because the general dreary air of the set reminds me of the wilder places in Vvardenfell. Now that everyone seems to think Twilight isn't common enough, I wish I had gone with twilight so I could show off a 256x256 map of the stuff :P. Uh, I can't get my SCMDraft 2 to take pictures, every time I try it freezes, so the pictures will have to wait. :-\

I would love to see what you came up with for 256x256! thats a ton of map space to fill! Is it pretty much all isometrics or is loaded with extended stuff to? :)

None.

Sep 18 2007, 3:51 pm Zergblender Post #14

Ald'Rhun in ash tileset would rule.
Idk how to do the emperor crab shells though.

None.

Sep 19 2007, 10:53 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #15

Too bad I know nothing about morrowind so Idk what you guys are talking about but as for any video game, I think it would be sweet to rm.

None.

Options
  Back to forum