Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Just Interior
Just Interior
Sep 5 2007, 1:53 am
By: Jello-Jigglers  

Sep 9 2007, 9:24 pm Zell. Post #21

Yes there is, but you would know right? How the fuck do you know?? You didn't even know the difference between sprites and blending. Quit arguing with me because you obviously don't know what your talking about.

Hunt through the palette Jelly-Jiggly and find some ruins with non-grass first, put them together so they blend better or use some ruins from the corners of the ruin doodads they are unique. Theres lost of other pieces you could try, GL

None.

Sep 9 2007, 11:41 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #22

"Yes there is, but you would know right? How the f***[edit] do you know?? You didn't even know the difference between sprites and blending. Quit arguing with me because you obviously don't know what your talking about.

Hunt through the palette Jelly-Jiggly and find some ruins with non-grass first, put them together so they blend better or use some ruins from the corners of the ruin doodads they are unique. Theres lost of other pieces you could try, GL" -Zell.

haha well first off would you mind using kinder language? Like I know I'm not your mom, and i'm not trying to be rude or call you out, but even though it wasn't directed to me it was still offensive. There are other ways to enforce your point :)

On Topic: So you think i should blend it using grass? Well I did think about it but I might have to make the room larger in that case because that extra transition requires room... My lazy side says no but my intrigued side says yess

None.

Sep 10 2007, 4:31 am Jello-Jigglers Post #23

K this is the revised version of the ruin interior :D (if you don't like this one I'm gonna need a whole new approach I guess... :lol:

In-Editor First Revision of Ruin Interior:

In-Game First Revision of Ruin Interior Part 1:

In-Game First Revision of Ruin Interior Part 2:

I think it looks much better with all ruin tiles but what are your thoughts? :)

None.

Sep 10 2007, 5:34 am MNeox Post #24

a few blocky spots, and the bottom should have more of a variety rather than repeating tiles, for good terrain it needs to seem realistic.

None.

Sep 10 2007, 2:03 pm purple100 Post #25

Those Ruins tiles line up with the cliff at the top pretty darn well. It's more convincing now than it was before.

None.

Sep 10 2007, 7:06 pm Lakai Post #26

I like it its a pretty cool concept on the bottom but needs to be worked on

None.

Sep 10 2007, 8:25 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #27

Quote from MNeox
a few blocky spots, and the bottom should have more of a variety rather than repeating tiles, for good terrain it needs to seem realistic.
Quote from purple100
Those Ruins tiles line up with the cliff at the top pretty darn well. It's more convincing now than it was before.
Quote from Lakai
I like it its a pretty cool concept on the bottom but needs to be worked on

Haha I think we all agree that the only problem now is the bottom, but how to fix it? I really am shot on ideas because the only ones I've either don't change the repetition or they involve the use of sprites which don't help me get anywhere.... Any Ideas?(first person to say anything about using bridge tiles will be maimed or killed lol :lol: )

None.

Sep 12 2007, 9:06 pm Zell. Post #28

haha yes you found the "shiny ruins" as i call them without the piueces of grass in them. ok now that its blended better try to doodad it up with lil extras. and well you can figure out the bottom and stuff. GJ

None.

Sep 12 2007, 10:56 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #29

haha oh yeah I knew about the 'grass-less' tiles but I kinda liked how it made it look older you know what I'm saying? But it definitely has less blocks with the grassy tiles gone. And yes the place looks a little empty so I need to add some features and hopefully change the bottom to look semi natural :)

None.

Sep 13 2007, 1:51 am Fallen Post #30

That doesnt make sense... how did that ling see over the walls. But its a very good ingame look for like a suspensful part... dispite the fact suspense is relitivly hard on starcraft.

None.

Sep 13 2007, 2:12 am Falkoner Post #31

I'm pretty sure that those tiles he used are high tiles, allowing him to see over obstacles.

None.

Sep 13 2007, 8:21 pm Zell. Post #32

Yea. I honestly have never worried about "height issue" and stuff like that generally. Theres always parts where you go oh that should be high ruins and high grass there but I really dont care about em :)

None.

Sep 13 2007, 8:37 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #33

Oh haha! no he didn't see over the walls lol! i flew a wraith by there and it removed the black, but not the fog of war :lol:

None.

Options
  Back to forum