Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Lolol Challenge Me
Lolol Challenge Me
Mar 25 2008, 4:55 am
By: Syphon  

Mar 27 2008, 10:43 pm Owrtho Post #21

Make it so that when a unit is not carrying any units it is unable to move, attack, use abilities, etc. except for loading units (and it is unable to move to them to do so, they must move to it). And if you can do that let me know how bocause I've been unsuccessful at truely acomplishing that for awhile now.

Owrtho

None.

Mar 28 2008, 4:53 am A_of-s_t Post #22

aka idmontie

What you could do is change the bunker into a moving unit that uses my making units require units within them concept (at Maplantis). That way, the unit does not have an attack until there is a unit within it and it cant move unit there is one within it as well.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Mar 28 2008, 10:21 pm Owrtho Post #23

Quote from A_of-s_t
What you could do is change the bunker into a moving unit that uses my making units require units within them concept (at Maplantis).

You do realize maplantis (and therefor the topic with your concept) is gone right? Perhapse you should repost the concept here.

Owrtho

None.

Mar 28 2008, 10:56 pm Syphon Post #24

Quote from Owrtho
Quote from A_of-s_t
What you could do is change the bunker into a moving unit that uses my making units require units within them concept (at Maplantis).

You do realize maplantis (and therefor the topic with your concept) is gone right? Perhapse you should repost the concept here.

Owrtho

www.staredit.net/maplantis

Lol wut?

None.

Mar 29 2008, 12:36 am Owrtho Post #25

Ahh, didn't know about that Syphon.

Quote from A_of-s_t
What you could do is change the bunker into a moving unit that uses my making units require units within them concept (at Maplantis). That way, the unit does not have an attack until there is a unit within it and it cant move unit there is one within it as well.

but that concept didn't work (and therefor your suggestion would not be the answer). Atleast when I tested it it didn't.

Owrtho

None.

Apr 5 2008, 7:06 pm Syphon Post #26

It can't work, you're right.

None.

Apr 6 2008, 3:31 am A_of-s_t Post #27

aka idmontie

I guess I'll finally test it. I'll use the special abilities scripts instead and see if that works; because, in theory, it should work perfectly.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Apr 6 2008, 6:04 am Syphon Post #28

Quote from A_of-s_t
I guess I'll finally test it. I'll use the special abilities scripts instead and see if that works; because, in theory, it should work perfectly.

Moving bunkers don't move their attack overlay. Like when you try to move them with triggers.

None.

Apr 8 2008, 12:19 am Hercanic Post #29

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

Dear Syphon:
Get Plague to recast itself from affected units. IE, the overlay of goo that sticks to affected units. That way, it spreads itself in a chain-reaction.

Apr 8 2008, 9:53 pm Symmetry Post #30

Dungeon Master

Quote from Hercanic
Dear Syphon:
Get Plague to recast itself from affected units. IE, the overlay of goo that sticks to affected units. That way, it spreads itself in a chain-reaction.

Ugh, I've tried like, every combination of every opcode ever to try to achieve this effect :P Cookie if Syphon can do it, though.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Apr 8 2008, 11:01 pm Syphon Post #31

This thread is essentially moot because Farty's trigger plugin can do _anything_

None.

Apr 8 2008, 11:56 pm Hercanic Post #32

Even have babies?

Apr 8 2008, 11:59 pm IskatuMesk Post #33

Lord of the Locker Room

Quote from Hercanic
Dear Syphon:

I can't see that being too hard. Very simple, actually.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Apr 9 2008, 12:23 am Hercanic Post #34

Dear IskatuMesk:
The main problem is the lack of targetting.

Apr 9 2008, 12:42 am IskatuMesk Post #35

Lord of the Locker Room

Just have it spawn plague through the overlay with useweapon. It should target itself. I haven't actually tried that before but if that way doesn't work then you aren't going to get it happening unless you want to compensate and just have it chain off of things with timed overlays.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Apr 9 2008, 8:43 pm Symmetry Post #36

Dungeon Master

Quote from IskatuMesk
Just have it spawn plague through the overlay with useweapon. It should target itself. I haven't actually tried that before but if that way doesn't work then you aren't going to get it happening unless you want to compensate and just have it chain off of things with timed overlays.

I tried it; didn't work.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Options
  Back to forum