Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 24 2008, 1:13 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 87 88 89 90 >

Mar 11 2013, 12:46 am Moose Post #1761

We live in a society.

Quote from NudeRaider
Quote from Mini Moose 2707
It seemed simple enough to update so I tried replacing the jquery files with newer ones. Except for jqueryui, I have no idea how that thing works and I don't know Javascript or what packages to use. Anyway, hopefully nothing breaks. :P
Not sure if SEN became faster by doing that (if it did, I don't notice it at least), but now I have to manually refresh the page every time I go back (e.g. to the forum index). Alternatively I'd have to klick on the forum index link each time. Both is inconvenient for me. Can you change that or revert back to the old jquery?

Quote from NudeRaider
Quote from NudeRaider
It seemed simple enough to update so I tried replacing the jquery files with newer ones. Except for jqueryui, I have no idea how that thing works and I don't know Javascript or what packages to use. Anyway, hopefully nothing breaks. :P
Not sure if SEN became faster by doing that (if it did, I don't notice it at least), but now I have to manually refresh the page every time I go back (e.g. to the forum index). Alternatively I'd have to klick on the forum index link each time. Both is inconvenient for me. Can you change that or revert back to the old jquery?
In addition the "next" "previous" and "close" buttons on image popups don't work anymore. Can you please undo it?
Changed it back. I don't see why upgrading it would break things, but my guess is that whoever coded that part of SEN must have put some customizations into jquery, so the stock version was missing some of our stuff. If anyone wants to modify the newest jquery stuff to suit SEN and provide it to me, I'll upload that.

Mar 11 2013, 12:54 am iCCup.xboi209 Post #1762

Quote from NudeRaider

Quote from NudeRaider
Quote from NudeRaider
In addition the "next" "previous" and "close" buttons on image popups don't work anymore. Can you please undo it?
Changed it back. I don't see why upgrading it would break things, but my guess is that whoever coded that part of SEN must have put some customizations into jquery, so the stock version was missing some of our stuff. If anyone wants to modify the newest jquery stuff to suit SEN and provide it to me, I'll upload that.
It'd be retarded to customize jquery itself, there was probably some poor coding involved but look at my previous post for a probable fix

None.

Mar 11 2013, 9:01 pm NudeRaider Post #1763

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Changed it back.
Thanks, that fixed it. Everything back to normal again.

Mar 15 2013, 4:53 am DavidJCobb Post #1764

Custom jQuery extensions would be external to the jQuery library itself. You can extend it at any time by setting $.fn.whateverFunction and then you can call that on any jQuery set.

My dialog box code is old and could easily be done better now. That probably has something to do with it.

None.

Mar 17 2013, 1:32 am DevliN Post #1765

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

This isn't a bug or anything, but I've updated the Raffle and made some changes to it. There is no longer a starting amount on it. The jackpot is based solely on participants in the Raffle. Tickets are now 15 minerals, and 10 of that is added to the pot. The rest is the same.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 17 2013, 7:39 am Wing Zero Post #1766

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

So pretty much if you are the only participant you lose 5 minerals and if there are two participants you get 5 or lose 15... I dont think thats how thats supposed to work. There should be at least a 30 mineral starting jackpot. Otherwise there would be no (logical) reason to play the raffle at all.

Mar 17 2013, 8:16 am DevliN Post #1767

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I don't plan to have a starting jackpot on there any more. All the minerals earned will be from other members gambling them. I got tired of seeing people make thousands of minerals for doing nothing.

My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 17 2013, 9:25 pm payne Post #1768

:payne:

Quote from DevliN
This isn't a bug or anything, but I've updated the Raffle and made some changes to it. There is no longer a starting amount on it. The jackpot is based solely on participants in the Raffle. Tickets are now 15 minerals, and 10 of that is added to the pot. The rest is the same.
Last time I checked, there were 6 participants and a jackpot of 60. And the current raffle had 2 participants and a 70 jackpot. Something's wrong.

None.

Mar 17 2013, 11:27 pm DevliN Post #1769

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Fixed. Also reset the ticket price to 10 for the next round. The Magic Boxes really are enough of a money sink as is. :awesome:

My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 18 2013, 7:38 am payne Post #1770

Quote from DevliN
Fixed. Also reset the ticket price to 10 for the next round. The Magic Boxes really are enough of a money sink as is. :awesome:
So it now costs 10 minerals for a ticket?

None.

Mar 18 2013, 7:58 am DevliN Post #1771

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Yes. 10 for a ticket, and it adds 10 to the jackpot. The starting jackpot is still 0.

My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 19 2013, 11:01 pm Moose Post #1772

We live in a society.

Quote from DevliN

Quote from Wing Zero
So pretty much if you are the only participant you lose 5 minerals and if there are two participants you get 5 or lose 15... I dont think thats how thats supposed to work. There should be at least a 30 mineral starting jackpot. Otherwise there would be no (logical) reason to play the raffle at all.

Quote from DevliN
I don't plan to have a starting jackpot on there any more. All the minerals earned will be from other members gambling them. I got tired of seeing people make thousands of minerals for doing nothing.

Well, these posts inspired me to do a rigorous analysis of the mathematics behind the raffle's average returns.

http://staredit.net/moose/raffle.pdf if anyone is interested. Playing the current iteration of the raffle (no starting jackpot, 10 minerals to play, 10 minerals added to jackpot per ticket) will cause players to break even on average, as one may have inferred from those numbers.

Mar 19 2013, 11:28 pm Fire_Kame Post #1773

wth is starcraft

I love you moose.

Mar 20 2013, 1:42 am payne Post #1774

Interesting stuff, Moose. :)

None.

Mar 20 2013, 4:09 pm Devourer Post #1775

Hello

Dat Moose. Nice.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Mar 20 2013, 4:16 pm Wing Zero Post #1776

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Yeah the original raffle was awesome when there were so few players in it, too bad I would always lose my 20 minerals on magic boxes before i could play. I like the current raffle because there is a 10 mineral buy-in so it comes before the magic boxes :D.

Devlins variation would have worked just fine with the 30 mineral starting jackpot like i suggested but I'm glad we changed it to the current style.

I do miss the old system but since I was never able to take advantage of it I prefer the current one more.

Mar 30 2013, 5:56 pm DevliN Post #1777

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Azrael did some PM updates for us:
  • "Reply to All" is now the default response button for a group PM (replacing the broken "Reply to Group").
  • A notification appears when you run out of PM space that will not go away until you make room.
  • When running out of PM space, you are allowed to receive a maximum of 10 PMs more (just so you don't miss anything in case someone sends something important to you), but you'll still have to make space to remove the notification and after that 10 PM buffer, you won't be able to receive any more.

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 3 2013, 7:50 pm DevliN Post #1778

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Someone suggested that Minerals replace CPoints on the Members list, so I finally went ahead and changed that. :awesome:

My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 16 2013, 2:38 am Pr0nogo Post #1779

Can we get someone to allow the forum to support encasing within an encasement?

Aug 3 2013, 7:37 pm Roy Post #1780

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

This is a bug that really only affects moderators, but there's no indication or notifications when topics are waiting to be approved in forums where they are not shown by default. I just noticed a topic in the SC2 Contests forum for the first time, and it was created in April and never approved/rejected by anyone.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 87 88 89 90 >
  Back to forum