Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 24 2008, 1:13 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 83 84 85 86 8790 >

Oct 21 2012, 2:28 pm Devourer Post #1681

Hello

I have like no idea what exactly makes the loading time so long und thus let the SQL Server "go away".
Probably the overall resource usage, so when there are too many requests -which still are only a few- at once, SEN says "no".
The search appears to be a factor, yet by far not the only one. By far.
A shame.

Ideas?

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Oct 21 2012, 4:27 pm DevliN Post #1682

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I've noticed that when I go to the SCP while loading other pages on SEN in other tabs, all the other tabs end up in mysql errors. Supposing that helps at all. I haven't really seen any other direct cause other than search.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 21 2012, 4:33 pm Bar Refaeli Post #1683

Doesn't viewing all of a user's posts or topics also do this? Or is that just technically a part of "search."

None.

Oct 21 2012, 4:36 pm DevliN Post #1684

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

That's part of "Search".

My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 21 2012, 4:48 pm Aristocrat Post #1685

Quote from Fire_Kame
Is there anyway we could add a PM feature that would highlight/bold/denote what messages we're selecting when you use the check boxes for deletion?

Or, well, put the boxes on the left side of the PMs. Their current position is awkward and prone to misclicks.

None.

Oct 21 2012, 4:59 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #1686

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from DevliN
I've noticed that when I go to the SCP while loading other pages on SEN in other tabs, all the other tabs end up in mysql errors. Supposing that helps at all. I haven't really seen any other direct cause other than search.
I get that even when I open a few topics at once. The first request loads, then the rest error.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Oct 21 2012, 5:41 pm DevliN Post #1687

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Ah I haven't had that issue without going to the SCP directly first (or clicking on forum reports). I normally open a few topics simultaneously without any issues. :/

My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 21 2012, 5:45 pm payne Post #1688

:payne:

Quote from DevliN
Interesting. I tried to edit it, it went through but replaced text in the post with that error text. When I refreshed the page, the post was back to normal and didn't recognize the edit.
I still can't edit. It sucks. :(

None.

Oct 21 2012, 5:46 pm Devourer Post #1689

Hello

I would assume that, for example, if devlin opens the scp at the same time as farty opens a topic-tab, farty receives an error due to the server being too busy with devlin's request.
But I also doubt that.
One request won't (or at least shouldn't) eat up that many resources.

However, I do not really know.

Oct 21 2012, 5:58 pm NudeRaider Post #1690

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Devourer
I would assume that, for example, if devlin opens the scp at the same time as farty opens a topic-tab, farty receives an error due to the server being too busy with devlin's request.
But I also doubt that.
One request won't (or at least shouldn't) eat up that many resources.

However, I do not really know.
Servers are able to handle thousands of simultaneous requests before refusing service (see DoS/DDoS attacks).
If anything this behavior would be triggered by bad code, but not by lack of resources.

Oct 21 2012, 6:30 pm Devourer Post #1691

Hello

That's why I've doubted that, Nude. ;)

Oct 22 2012, 12:59 am payne Post #1692

:payne:

Are there any looping functions in the codes? Might be worth watching for. :/

None.

Oct 22 2012, 3:14 pm poison_us Post #1693

Back* from the grave

If you hit the search button in the shoutbox with a shout selected to be saved, it saves the shout and does not perform the search. Found out after the third unwanted save in a row by me :awesome:

Oct 22 2012, 6:21 pm Fire_Kame Post #1694

wth is starcraft

Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from Fire_Kame
Is there anyway we could add a PM feature that would highlight/bold/denote what messages we're selecting when you use the check boxes for deletion?

Or, well, put the boxes on the left side of the PMs. Their current position is awkward and prone to misclicks.
Yea or that. I was also going to suggest making certain fields collapsible but I have a feeling moving the check box might be easier to code.

Oct 23 2012, 3:13 am poison_us Post #1695

Back* from the grave

Would it be possible to get a /squelch command in the shoutbox, or would that be too much work? I know as moderators and shitake you higher-ups wouldn't be able to ethically use it in most scenarios, or would have to turn it off occasionally for reports and whatnot, but yeah. Would be pretty badass for us lowbies to have. Maybe a store item, or a regular+ feature, if it turns out to be too much or something.

It's an idea I've had lurking around for a while, and I'm buzzed enough now to ask but not so drunk I forget to ask/can't make sense while typing. Thoughts?

Oct 23 2012, 3:47 am TiKels Post #1696

On the topic of fixing the horribly broken stuff in the shoutbox, I think that /a should be fixed to function as a "last whisper" rather than "last shout", as its current functionality is retarded.

Really retarded.

On another note, could we get "/w [name]" to have an alternate as "/m [name]"? I find that most users on battle.net do not use /w and prefer /m as their means of messaging a user, so having this mirrored on a starcraft site only makes sense.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Oct 23 2012, 4:20 am Azrael Post #1697

Quote from TiKels
On the topic of fixing the horribly broken stuff in the shoutbox, I think that /a should be fixed to function as a "last whisper" rather than "last shout", as its current functionality is retarded.

Really retarded.

On another note, could we get "/w [name]" to have an alternate as "/m [name]"? I find that most users on battle.net do not use /w and prefer /m as their means of messaging a user, so having this mirrored on a starcraft site only makes sense.

... I was just about to reply to poison's post with both of these glaring issues.

Well then, what he just said.

Oct 23 2012, 4:25 am DavidJCobb Post #1698

Quote from poison_us
If you hit the search button in the shoutbox with a shout selected to be saved, it saves the shout and does not perform the search. Found out after the third unwanted save in a row by me :awesome:
Studied different form submits and the data they send, using Firebug.

Looks like if any of the shoutbox checkboxes are checked -- any forms submitted whose names are of the form save_shout[id] -- then the form assumes that you're saving a shout. What it should do instead is check to see if the POST data includes a field called save, whose value is "Save shouts". (When you click a submit button in a form, the button itself is sent as a form field. Only the submit button that you clicked is sent, so the server-side code that handles forms with multiple such buttons -- like the Global Shoutbox -- can check the POST data and see which button was used to submit the form.)

None.

Oct 23 2012, 5:19 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #1699

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from TiKels

Really retarded.
Use /r.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Oct 23 2012, 5:26 am Aristocrat Post #1700

/r is actually extremely bad. Someone can whisper you during a conversation and intercept your confidential shout to somebody else. Raccoon does this shit all the time, sending random whispers to try and intercept /r.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 83 84 85 86 8790 >
  Back to forum