Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 24 2008, 1:13 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 39 40 41 42 4390 >

Aug 1 2010, 2:12 pm LoveLess Post #801

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

I cannot view http://www.staredit.net/topic/11886/

I get this back when I visit the page:

Code
Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /home/starlite/public_html/core/mysql.php on line 94
A Staredit Network error has occured:
Query failed : SELECT tid FROM `forums_topics` WHERE fid=59 AND tid!=11886 AND if(tid=(SELECT read_tid FROM forums_topics_read WHERE last_time < read_date AND read_tid=tid AND read_mid=50), 0, 1) LIMIT 1
Subquery returns more than 1 row

Please contact administration with all the details.

None.

Aug 1 2010, 7:12 pm DavidJCobb Post #802

Guys, the JavaScript issues on the Forum Index are Devourer's fault and they will be fixed if I'm ever able to upload the new FI while he's on. I don't want to be uploading such a large change without him being present to observe and critique it in real time, however.

None.

Aug 1 2010, 9:42 pm Adeon Post #803

On google chrome:
http://www.screencast.com/t/M2U5MTZlYTkt

Why are they flashing?
By the way, could you add support for flash players other than youtube? That would be pretty useful.
Or maybe allow certain html tags, like flash insertion, so that it would be possible to post embed players from any website, flash games and so on (though I can imagine this being abused).

None.

Aug 1 2010, 9:50 pm DavidJCobb Post #804

@Adeon: If I had to guess, I'd say the flash is because the site pops up the textbox when you mouseover the "?" and makes it vanish when you mouse off the "?"... and it looks like the textbox is being positioned under your cursor in most of those cases, such that the moment it appears, it causes you to mouseoff the "?"... This is purely a client-side bug; I don't know if the skin system has access to the poll-related HTML, but if it does, I can work to fix this. I may be able to do something by editing the relevant JS even if I've no access to the HTML. We'll see.

None.

Aug 3 2010, 2:40 pm Aristocrat Post #805

"Topic Icon
You need to be a veteran or better to use these!

[ None ] Must be at least a regular to use an icon."

What is this I don't even

None.

Aug 4 2010, 1:35 am DavidJCobb Post #806

To all users of Internet Explorer 8,

If you see an error message that looks like the following while browsing on SEN's forums, then know that we are aware of the problem.
Quote from name:Internet Explorer 8
"A problem displaying <url> caused Internet Explorer to refresh the page using Compatibility View."
Unfortunately, there is literally no accurate or useful documentation of this error anywhere on the Internet. (People have posted about similar errors elsewhere on the Internet, but their problems involved a browser crash, whereas this problem as it occurs on SEN doesn't -- to the best of my knowledge.) The simple fact is, we have somehow managed to -- with perfectly normal code -- break Internet Explorer 8 in a way that's never been done before!

Considering that the site works fine in all other browsers, the blame is on Microsoft. Because there is no reliable documentation of this error anywhere that a human being can be expected to look, we are simply unable to fix the problem ourselves. While you wait for Microsoft to patch this glitch, may I suggest a good workaround for all known Internet Explorer issues?

None.

Aug 8 2010, 4:03 pm poiuy_qwert Post #807

PyMS and ProTRG developer

wow, scared me when I saw my signature gone. I did not relish the idea of finding all the links again.

Edit: If you rate a file in the DLDB, it the appends "&sess=#####" to the end of all links, then trying to click, for example, the Staredit Network link in the breadcrumbs (part like "Staredit Network » DLDB » Overview" if you don't know what i mean) will take you to the "This page was not found" error. An example problem link resulting from this bug is: http://www.staredit.net/forums/&sess=662b7a

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 8 2010, 4:46 pm by poiuy_qwert.

Aug 8 2010, 4:57 pm DavidJCobb Post #808

Bug: When editing a post, adding or removing an attachment seems to undo any changes you've made to the post's text.

Feature request: The ability to easily export PMs as raw text (with BBCode visible) so that it's easier to save them on one's hard drive and not hit the PM limit.

None.

Aug 8 2010, 7:30 pm poiuy_qwert Post #809

The Excaliban item appears correct in your inventory but the description page says the item doesn't exist: http://www.staredit.net/?p=store&area=viewitem&item=14

Aug 8 2010, 7:32 pm Devourer Post #810

Hello

Because it is hidden, there is a direct link? Oh and poi, please USE your exc, I wanna test it.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 8 2010, 7:38 pm poiuy_qwert Post #811

Use one of my Excalibans? There is no USE link for it. And I wouldn't really want to lose one of them anyway :S

Aug 8 2010, 7:40 pm Aristocrat Post #812

Quote from poiuy_qwert
Use one of my Excalibans? There is no USE link for it. And I wouldn't really want to lose one of them anyway :S

If it's to test something Dev would probably give it back after the fact :P.

Can we give items to other members? Because that would make the sig enablers much easier to get.

None.

Aug 8 2010, 7:56 pm Devourer Post #813

Hello

You can use it now, oh and poi, you'll see something your profile if everything is working well once you used the item :D

Aug 8 2010, 7:57 pm LoTu)S Post #814

Unless it's intended, forums that are collapsed don't stay collapsed after a refresh .
Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from poiuy_qwert

If it's to test something Dev would probably give it back after the fact :P.

Can we give items to other members? Because that would make the sig enablers much easier to get.

Do want.

None.

Aug 8 2010, 7:58 pm poiuy_qwert Post #815

Quote from Devourer
You can use it now, oh and poi, you'll see something your profile if everything is working well once you used the item :D
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '"', expecting '}' in /home/starlite/public_html/scripts/store/excaliban/set_item.php on line 26

I still have both.

Aug 8 2010, 8:16 pm Devourer Post #816

Hello

Retry

Aug 8 2010, 8:17 pm poiuy_qwert Post #817

I used one and I see no difference in my profile :( :( :(

Aug 8 2010, 8:17 pm Devourer Post #818

Hello

I'll work on a "item marketplace" to sell stuff. Maybe tomorrow, maybe later, when I have the motivation and time :)

Aug 8 2010, 8:28 pm Devourer Post #819

Hello

You now got a medal, which currently doesn't look that good. So...

Your chance for some additional minerals! Create a neat image, one with the size of 64x64 pixels and one 32x32 pixels! It's about the sword "Excaliban", it should fit the layout!

Aug 8 2010, 8:34 pm Generalpie Post #820

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from Devourer
You now got a medal, which currently doesn't look that good. So...

Your chance for some additional minerals! Create a neat image, one with the size of 64x64 pixels and one 32x32 pixels! It's about the sword "Excaliban", it should fit the layout!
I'm working on it :D... except it may suck due to my... skillz :sly:
Some information i need first... what does excaliban do exactly?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 8 2010, 8:45 pm by Zilean.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 39 40 41 42 4390 >
  Back to forum