Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
List of Known Bugs/Needed Features
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 24 2008, 1:13 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 38 39 40 41 4290 >

Jul 24 2010, 10:30 pm Devourer Post #781

Hello

Quotes use the icons the poster used that time. No work around unless you want the loading time to be increased.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jul 25 2010, 8:22 am NudeRaider Post #782

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Devourer
Quotes use the icons the poster used that time. No work around unless you want the loading time to be increased.
Then just remove the rank icons from quotes.
Kinda related: Profiles should show rank in the "Account information" box. So when someone has rank icons disabled there's still a way for him to find out someone's rank. While you're at it add a row for staff position, if applicable.

Jul 25 2010, 8:34 am Adeon Post #783

Well, I will bother with the name change issue again :P

An error is returned if you try to change your nickname to your own saying that it's already in use. That makes impossible to change letters to uppercase/lowercase without changing the name at least twice, which would be fine if you didn't have to buy the second name change.
You fixed it! YAY!

Another thing... on epic skin @ 1280px width the "Site" tab is so close to the marine sprite that almost looks like it's behind it. And the menu that appears on mouseover is blocky.

EDIT: Regarding my post below, I've just found out that it happens only with Google Chrome (on latest version). SEN loaded fine on IE8.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jul 26 2010, 10:06 pm by Adeon.

None.

Jul 26 2010, 9:24 pm adeon2 Post #784

I hope I am not breaking any rule by making adeon2. I'm logged through a free proxy and I want to keep my real account secure.

Sometimes I lose connection to SEN. It simply timeouts when loading. I don't know if it's my ISP's fault, though I have a friend who uses the same ISP and he's able to access it.

None.

Jul 27 2010, 12:23 am rockz Post #785

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from adeon2
I hope I am not breaking any rule by making adeon2. I'm logged through a free proxy and I want to keep my real account secure.
You are, but considering you can logon through proxy it sounds like something is indeed wrong. Also considering it's not really multi-accounting (you can't use it to post covertly), I don't have a problem with it. Can you ping SEN?

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jul 27 2010, 1:05 am Adeon Post #786

Quote from rockz
Quote from adeon2
You are, but considering you can logon through proxy it sounds like something is indeed wrong. Also considering it's not really multi-accounting (you can't use it to post covertly), I don't have a problem with it. Can you ping SEN?
Yes. But I've already noticed that it only happens if I try to access it through Chrome. Just sometimes the page won't load, even if I refresh. But it works fine on IE8, which is weird.

None.

Jul 27 2010, 2:26 am rockz Post #787

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from Adeon
Yes. But I've already noticed that it only happens if I try to access it through Chrome. Just sometimes the page won't load, even if I refresh. But it works fine on IE8, which is weird.
Well then I suppose there's no need for that second account anymore. Reinstall chrome.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jul 27 2010, 3:03 pm Adeon Post #788

Quote from rockz
Quote from Adeon
Well then I suppose there's no need for that second account anymore. Reinstall chrome.
Done. Still have this issue.

None.

Jul 27 2010, 5:01 pm rockz Post #789

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

epic skin's offline/contact images are off center. Restating that the marine on epic blocks the "site" dropdown menu.

turtle's dropdown menus are different colors.

Jul 28 2010, 1:44 am DavidJCobb Post #790

@rockz: I'll edit the drop-downs further when I get more control of their actual contents. :P Right now, their innerHTML isn't skin-dependent, so anything I do will end up being odd and semi-inflexible. D:

@Devourer: Does the list of people in the Main Shoutbox update when refreshing/posting? It should. :P A similar feature showing who's viewing the Global Shoutbox (based on refreshing and posting) would also be nice.

@Devourer: Should I remove the additional Shoutbox code (the SEN.Shoutbox object) from global.js until it's usable? Skins can't access Shoutbox HTML right now, so I can't implement the code. It's convenient from a developer's perspective to have it sitting on the server (fewer uploads later if/when I work on the SB HTML :P ), but it also means quite a few extra bytes are being downloaded by anyone who doesn't have global.js cached -- and this, of course, means a longer loading time.

I can remove the new SB JS if desired, but do you desire?

None.

Jul 29 2010, 1:47 pm rockz Post #791

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

the hide forum buttons change the length of the tab (firefox 3.6.8). Talk about a CSS nightmare.

Jul 29 2010, 5:52 pm Wing Zero Post #792

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from Wing Zero
I also noticed that It says you need veteran status to have a topic image buy you didn't remove the one that says you need regular
Also, on the last 5 visitors part of the profile the rank icon is cut off from the name (separate lines)

Quote from rockz
the hide forum buttons change the length of the tab (firefox 3.6.8). Talk about a CSS nightmare.
The minimized forums also look weird, Its just an empty box sitting there

Jul 29 2010, 6:35 pm DevliN Post #793

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Adeon
Another thing... on epic skin @ 1280px width the "Site" tab is so close to the marine sprite that almost looks like it's behind it. And the menu that appears on mouseover is blocky.
Yeah, this was my fault. When I was working on Epic, I was scaling it to my 1440x900 and 1920x1080 monitors. If anyone with access can fix and test that, that would be swell. Otherwise I can try to get to it later today or tomorrow.

Quote from Adeon
Quote from rockz
Quote from adeon2
I read a while back that one of the major issues with Chrome is that it just stops a connection if it takes too long to connect sometimes. It's happened to me many times for various sites. It's one of the drawbacks of Chrome's claim to be the fastest browser.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 30 2010, 4:31 pm DavidJCobb Post #794

Quote from Wing Zero
Quote from rockz
The minimized forums also look weird, Its just an empty box sitting there
This should be fixed in my new Forum Index code, once I upload it. YES I KNOW I'M A LAZY BASTARD.

Quote from name:Katarina
Quote from Adeon
Yeah, this was my fault. When I was working on Epic, I was scaling it to my 1440x900 and 1920x1080 monitors. If anyone with access can fix and test that, that would be swell. Otherwise I can try to get to it later today or tomorrow.
Use any competent debugger (coughFIREBUGcough) to set the width of the HTML element to 1280px. Then tweak your styles in-browser and remember your changes. Also remember to test 1024px.

Quote from name:Katarina
It's one of the over 9000 drawbacks of Chrome's claim to be the fastest browser.
Fix'd.

None.

Jul 30 2010, 6:12 pm payne Post #795

:payne:

Epic skin report:

- contact/etc. buttons are still off center (horizontally)
- Quick Search's button is still off center (vertically)
- The 'tab icon' is still showing a blank white page most of the time

EDIT:
- http://www.staredit.net/starcraft2maps/18-The-Saddest-Map-on-SC.scx <-- brakes SEN
- "Mark forum as read" at the bottom of the thread list looks screwed
- The 'Page' links at the bottom of the thread list is screwed

Required feature: an Edit of the OP or the current last post should bump the thread at the top.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 30 2010, 6:27 pm by payne.

None.

Jul 30 2010, 7:00 pm DavidJCobb Post #796

Quote from payne
- http://www.staredit.net/starcraft2maps/18-The-Saddest-Map-on-SC.scx <-- brakes SEN
Which skin, and define "screwed". I know the SCII DLDB is broken on Turtle, but is it broken on Epic? If not, then I can copy the CSS and fix it. If so, I may have to redo the CSS from scratch.

None.

Jul 30 2010, 7:48 pm payne Post #797

:payne:

Quote from DavidJCobb
Quote from payne
Which skin, and define "screwed". I know the SCII DLDB is broken on Turtle, but is it broken on Epic? If not, then I can copy the CSS and fix it. If so, I may have to redo the CSS from scratch.
Epic skin, of course! :awesome:
'screwed' simply means the browser obviously isn't rendering what it should.

None.

Jul 31 2010, 5:40 pm Adeon Post #798

On SEN 5.0 I liked using the middle mouse button to open links on new tabs (using google chrome) for multitasking. Now, sinve v5.1, whenever I do this, it opens a new tab for the link that I clicked, which is fine, but it also redirects the current page I am at as if I had left-clicked it.
That's really annoying, could you please fix it?

None.

Jul 31 2010, 5:49 pm LoTu)S Post #799

The 5 last posts on the front page should direct to the LAST posts, not the FIRST post.

None.

Jul 31 2010, 8:27 pm rockz Post #800

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from Adeon
On SEN 5.0 I liked using the middle mouse button to open links on new tabs (using google chrome) for multitasking. Now, sinve v5.1, whenever I do this, it opens a new tab for the link that I clicked, which is fine, but it also redirects the current page I am at as if I had left-clicked it.
That's really annoying, could you please fix it?
Speaking of which, the problem arises because of the javascript open link. Chrome registers a middle click on the link as a click. There USED to be an option to disable this, but I can't see it anymore. It's really annoying, even in firefox where it works properly.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 38 39 40 41 4290 >
  Back to forum